TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Schwarzkopf Coaster?

So, what's the craziest, most intense Schwarzkopf you've ridden?

For me, it has to be the Mindbender at Galaxyland in the West Edmonton Mall, in Canada. Not only was it intense, with the positive Gs putting even BTR clones to shame, but it was also glass smooth, possibly smoother than some B&Ms. The Mindbender's easily near the top of my list for my favourite steel coasters.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thriller - back when it was here in Germany on the carnivals. The transition between the first and second loop were insanely good.

I've always heard some great things about that ride, but I haven't found much footage of it... You know of any vids of the ride in its original state?

Unfortunately I haven't been on too many of these classic coasters (probably can count on one hand the ones I've ridden, might need a couple fingers on the other hand at most), but I'd say Montezooma's Revenge. Of the non-launched ones, probably the Laser.

For myself, since 1975 - nothing has beat, for me, a Schwarzkopf SHUTTLE LOOP

for sudden intensity, drama, and craziness - usually in just over 30 seconds! (W/o lift.)

The others can do that, but in degrees and building up to "it", eventually.

Shuttle Loops just do it and get it over with! And Scharzkofpt have created

some of The Best, world wide, IMhO.

For me, it has to be the Mindbender at Galaxyland in the West Edmonton Mall, in Canada. Not only was it intense, with the positive Gs putting even BTR clones to shame, but it was also glass smooth, possibly smoother than some B&Ms. The Mindbender's easily near the top of my list for my favourite steel coasters.

I second this one, I think it was originally spec'd at 6Gs?!

The only Schwarzkopf's I can recall riding is Montezooma's Revenge (KBF), Jet Star 2 (Lagoon), and Colossus: the Fire Dragon (Lagoon). Easily Montezooma's Revenge. When going forward, being pulled down from the top of the loop (in the back row) is awesome! So thankful to have such a well-maintained, forceful Schwarzkopf at my home park.

Hmmm.

Tidal Wave - Mariott's Great America

Montezooma's Revenge - Knotts

That one in Astroworld, lol!

And a few over in Asia...

Yep, shuttle loops rule!

Edited by Nrthwnd

I second this one, I think it was originally spec'd at 6Gs?!

So glad to see that people like the Mindbender... Pretty sure the Gs (according to RCDB) are just a little over 5. (Never greyed out on it though for some reason, yet i nearly greyed on a BTR clonr this year, and on Skyrider, a TOGO standup that only hits like 4G. Also, I believe that it's one of the tallest Schwarzkopf loopers, and certainly the only one of this size indoors. Anyway, regardless if the facts/stats, this ride is amazing and makes me VERY proud to be Canadian.

On another note, I've beenhearing many good things about the shuttle loops, however, from off the ride, they really don't seem to be all too intense compaired to modern launchers, or even other types of Schwarzkopfs. Does anyone know just how forceful the shuttle loops are (in terms of how many GS)?

^That's something I really have to try! They had a train of Nessie running backwards in the late 80s / early 90s, but well it has only one loop.

There are some Thriller vids on Youtube. In fact haven't searched there for quite while and now found the following video from my hometown Hamburg: full ride cycle from multiple angles, front and rear seat POV.

OMG: The first loops, the pacing, the intensity - I WANNA RIDE AGAIN!!!

I loved Galaxyland's Mindbender. So intense and so smooth. Being inside, that thing just roars and echos throughout its section of the park. It's now my new #1 coaster. Sadly, I never got to try the insane backwards car, although it gives me even more reason to go back. I can't even imagine how crazy it would have been with the original trains.

Jet Line @ Gröna Lund with 50kg of lead in all the footwells on the trains (700kg of extra weight ), so the park was sure that the trains would not stall on the track. The speed was Insane

/// Marcus

• 2 weeks later...