TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland Long Island!

Cool to see this park pop up on the first page of the forum! That lady bug coaster has to be one of the first coasters I ever rode, along with their old Dragon Wagon and Hurricane. Interested to see what they put in it's place. It was definitely taking up some very valuable real estate considering the plot of land this park is working with.

Are the Legoland parks the only other place I can ride one of those water whip rides?

In the US, yes? I believe there is still one at Bakken, but that may be it.

Movie Park Germany has one too.

https://www.movieparkgermany.de/en/in-the-park/attractions/pier-patrol-jet-ski

Thanks, I forgot about that one. I know I have seen more I just can't remember where I saw them.

Are the Legoland parks the only other place I can ride one of those water whip rides?

In the US, yes? I believe there is still one at Bakken, but that may be it.

Movie Park Germany has one too.

https://www.movieparkgermany.de/en/in-the-park/attractions/pier-patrol-jet-ski

Thanks, I forgot about that one. I know I have seen more I just can't remember where I saw them.

Plopsaland De Panne has one aswell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So Adventureland is apparently tired of being quiet and has gone on a bit of a media and social media crusade trying to get approval from the state to open.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Newsday has picked up on it and hopefully a few more outlets will too. It's funny, I kind of forgot that New York amusement parks were closed despite living here because our parks aren't really noteworthy and I always go to PA, NJ and CT to go to parks anyway, but I do like this little park and hope they can get the governor's attention.

I applaud them for being more vocal.

Edited by coasterbill

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I visited Adventureland yesterday.  Some notes and thoughts.

General admission for those ages 2-24 was $40.  25 and older were $25.  I had to do a double-take when buying my tickets online since that's the first time I've ever seen an adult ticket cost less than a ticket for a younger guest.

Because of covid restrictions, everyone needs admission to enter.  That's probably why the adult ticket costs what it does.  Make sure to book a reservation in advance.  I think the park hit capacity yesterday.

Adventureland at full capacity was very manageable.  The longest line I saw was for Mysterious Mansion (hit it early before the queue built up) and it probably looked to be 20 minutes.  Turbulence was running 2 trains and had a 10 minute wait most of the day.

The markers in the arcade are comical, but no one followed them.  It was just like on their bumper cars when everyone ignored the one way sign and kept causing head-on collisions while the operator sat silent.

• 7 months later...

New Coaster Coming to Adventureland 

7856D175-DFD9-4E22-A395-B4ED290C1DB0.thumb.jpeg.1413faa6c7cd509162d2925223c170cd.jpeg

new roller coaster called FireBall is coming to Adventureland this spring to help celebrate the park's 60th anniversary.

The family ride will be a vertical coaster, with curves that make riders feel they are falling off the edge of a cliff, giving them "a thrilling sensation," says Steve Gentile, co-owner and president of Adventureland in Farmingdale. Its supports are red and yellow, and three gondola cars each seat two pairs of riders back to back. Riders will have to be at least 41 inches tall to ride with an adult, typically 5 to 7 years old, Gentile says. 

F1186658-27C1-4628-A4AE-5B25590C3473.thumb.png.6f1afe6477e894107e539acaf327aebd.png

"This is the first one in North America," Gentile says of the FireBall. It was custom made for Adventureland by a company in Switzerland, and its name is trademarked, Gentile says. 

To make room for the ride, the park is retiring the kiddie carousel and the bungee jump, Gentile says. The new ride, which cost the park $1.5 million, will be included in the park admission fee. It is the third roller coaster at the park, joining the Rattlesnake and Turbulence, which debuted in 2015.

Source: Newsday

I haven’t been on one of these and haven’t heard great things, but I will say that the fact that this park was able to find space for a third “adult” coaster of ANY size without removing anything of value is an accomplishment since the park is smaller than a Target.

• Like 1

Never in a million years did I think Adventureland NY would get a 4D coaster, but here we are. Looks like I have a reason to visit this park again.

This is a win-win situation for them, TBH. It's a unique & inexpensive roller coaster and it has a small footprint that can fit in the already-compact park.

According to RCDB, there are only 3 other coasters with this model on the planet (the others are in Austria, Germany & France) https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=15978

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^ Really? REALLY? That's like a very (very) extended version of that Screaming Squirrel coaster in Gardaland.

(SBNO I read?) But muuuuuuch slower. And no inversions. Only 'swinging.' Ick. No thanks. Whatever the credit it is.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:27 AM, coasterbill said:

The family ride will be a vertical coaster, with curves that make riders feel they are slowly repelling off the edge of a cliff, giving them "the sensation of that feather from Forrest Gump that takes 2 hours to fall from the sky," says Steve Gentile, co-owner and president of Adventureland in Farmingdale.

Fixed the original press release.

WTF even is this thing? It's like someone made a bet that a ride worse than Green Lantern could not ever be designed and "Ride Engineers Switzerland" (had to look that one up on RCDB) said "hold my crack pipe."

Ride Engineers Switzerland are the same folks that built the incredibly reliable and smooth running Mystic River Falls at Silver Dollar City.  They make some masterpieces.

• 2 weeks later...