TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Eurofighter for Adventure World, Perth

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The only downside is that the car builds all that momentum to get through the twist only to stop to attach to the lift.

It's like a ten-foot drop, and the roll is taken really slowly. There's hardly any momentum you lose by having to engage the chain. Especially since it's a pre-lift - it's not like Smiler, where you're legitimately cutting the ride in two.

^Your right, the airtime hill is wicked, the most ejector air I've experienced, the headchopper just tops it off too.

Probably goes without saying but the indoor section is pitch black, looks like a few lights were on and/or doors left open in the pov.

Very impressed - looks like another quality ride for Australia. I've never been to Perth (and it's a long way from anywhere, really!) but would love to take a trip out there to ride this thing and see what else the place has to offer.

• 2 months later...

Perth's Adventure World had reports in the local press over the last two days. Several posts back it was mentioned how their castle accidentally burned down during the fireworks to open the Abyss coaster.

Yesterday's story was that they were definitely going to rebuild the castle during the next winter. WA Today

But today, they're saying they'll take the insurance payout and may use it elsewhere at the park. WA Today

I'm hoping that means another new attraction , but it's not really a lot of money in that context.

While the castle was iconic to the park's history/theme, to me it always existed without any real purpose as an attraction; other than a lookout it had nothing else inside and was not the tallest point in the park by any means (the nearby hilltop is currently occupied by a drop tower and speed waterslide). So while I don't like to see it just demolished and the insurance money absorbed into operating costs, I'd be happy if its removal was in order to replace it with something more exciting.

I'm just throwing this idea in myself, but while the park is very water-oriented with slides, tubes and pools, Perth doesn't have a River Rapids ride or a Splashdown, which are 2 of my favourite rides!

And elsewhere in Perth, another park, The Maze, just added a new water attraction to their existing maze features. WA Today

I actually agree with not rebuilding the castle! My logic is that the new castle will not be as good as the old castle nor as iconic. It needs a new icon, or maybe a new ride, but it needs to be ionic.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So Adventure World are now closed for the 2016/2017 season. When they re open for the next season they will launch another new ride. So far we know it a flat ride to make up for the removal of Bounty's Revenge and it must have a high capacity.

This was the official information that was shared in September 2016 by the park

We are excited to announce the signing of a contract for a new $7.5m attraction slated for September 2017.  Codenamed “Mi3”, the new arrival continues our commitment to bringing ground breaking theme park experiences to Western Australia.

Mi3 will be the largest ride of its type in Australia, with a cutting edge feature that Adventure World CEO Mark Shaw advises “will literally launch guests to new heights”.

“We set the benchmark with Abyss and Kraken and have spent the past year scouring the globe for a new attraction that will continue to up the ante.

Having road tested four of these attractions across three continents, we are confident we have got it right and can’t wait to introduce this exciting new concept to WA”

While planning continues for Mi3’s arrival, this year guests will see a number of improvements in the park. A re-themed Water Mountain, enhanced water effects on Rapids, the relaunch of the Freefall, under the new name “Inferno”, more private resort-style cabanas in Dragon Kingdom and Kahuna Falls, a lush new lawn area, refurbished Kahuna Café, and a new exclusive season pass holder entry.

The season will also see the return of the popular Fright Nights events, which kick off in just under 8 weeks, along with the launch of “Summer Nights” in February, where guests can enjoy balmy summer nights at Adventure World with a live DJ.

Stay tuned for more info on Mi3!

Whatever it is it seems like it will be another great addition to AW.

• 2 months later...

So Adventure World is getting a new Intamin Gyro Swing hopefully it will be like Loke and feature the lap bar design. Here are some photos of construction. Credit to Perth Theme Parks for the photos. Plus they have added air condition to the Abyss Queue line by the looks of things.

19553943_2075915205972679_1411646797086804122_n.thumb.jpg.8f842cc69a023aa47879fd18a5d96a78.jpg

The ride is due to open in September when the park reopens for its season.

19553951_2075915142639352_2467755368746904892_n.thumb.jpg.a696935b9c8741be12e724dd92ce0a9d.jpg

So happy to finally have an Intamin in my home state.

^ Just curious, but what are all those statues, and what are they for, in the bottom photo?

I thought they were workers at first...but then looking closer..... oops. They look like they

would be for a Fright Nights scene, but I'm not sure.

^ Just curious, but what are all those statues, and what are they for, in the bottom photo?

I thought they were workers at first...but then looking closer..... oops. They look like they

would be for a Fright Nights scene, but I'm not sure.

All part of the Abyss theme!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd put up a POV clip from Abyss with the maintenance lights on that I shot in 2013 after the park closed.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The Video is not the best quality while on ride at speed, as it was shot on a small handheld compact camera (Sony HX-30V). It does show pretty well what is inside the building which is normally in pitch black when the ride is open to the public.