TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fast Lane Plus

Cedar Fair has a new Fast Lane Plus

If you want to ride the top 2 coasters at each park with fast lane, it's time to dish out even more money.

These prices are weekend rates

CEDAR POINT FAST LANE PLUS

For the ultimate Cedar Point experience, upgrade to FAST LANE PLUS. Enjoy all of the Fast Lane attractions PLUS, unlimited rides on GateKeeper and Top Thrill Dragster! A very limited number are available each day!

1 @ $90.00

2 @ $85.00

3 @ $80.00

4+ @ $75.00

www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

CAROWINDS FAST LANE PLUS

For the ultimate Carowinds experience, upgrade to FAST LANE PLUS. Enjoy all of the Fast Lane attractions PLUS unlimited rides on Intimidator and Nighthawk! A very limited number are available each day so buy yours today!

1 @ $65.00

2 @ $60.00

3 @ $55.00

4+ @ $50.00

KINGS ISLAND FAST LANE PLUS

For the ultimate Kings Island experience, upgrade to FAST LANE PLUS. Enjoy all of the Fast Lane attractions PLUS, unlimited rides on The Beast and Firehawk! A very limited number are available each day!

1 @ $70.00

2 @ $65.00

3 @ $60.00

4+ @ $55.00

www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

KINGS DOMINION FAST LANE PLUS

For the ultimate Kings Dominion experience, upgrade to FAST LANE PLUS. Enjoy all of the Fast Lane attractions PLUS, unlimited rides on Intimidator 305 and Volcano: The Blast Coaster! A very limited number are available each day.

1 @ $70.00

2 @ $65.00

3 @ $60.00

4+ @ $55.00

www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

CANADA'S WONDERLAND FAST LANE PLUS

For the ulimate Canada's Wonderland experience, upgrade to FAST LANE PLUS. Enjoy all of the Fast Lane attractions PLUS, unlimited rides on Leviathan and Behemoth! A very limited number are available each day!

1 @ $65.00

2 @ $60.00

3 @ $55.00

4+ @ $50.00

DORNEY PARK - NO FAST LANE PLUS AS OF YET

Make the most of your day with a Fast Lane wristband that allows you to bypass the regular lines on 10 rides and attractions including Steel Force, Stinger, and more. Ride as many times as you want all day long.

1 @ $60.00

2 @ $55.00

3 @ $50.00

4+ @ $45.00

https://www.dorneypark.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

MICHIGANS ADVENTURE - NO FAST LANE PLUS AS OF YET

Make the most of your day with a Fast Lane wristband that allows you to bypass the regular lines on 15 rides and attractions including Shivering Timbers, Wolverine Wildcat, and more. Ride as many times as you want all day long.

1 @ $55.00

2 @ $50.00

3 @ $45.00

4+ @ $40.00

www.miadventure.com/things-to-do/fast-lane-2013

VALLEY FAIR - NO FAST LANE PLUS AS OF YET

Make the most of your day with a Fast Lane wristband that allows you to bypass the regular lines on 10 rides and attractions including Wild Thing, Steel Venom, and more. Ride as many times as you want all day long.

1 @ $50.00

2 @ $45.00

3 @ $40.00

4+ @ $35.00

www.valleyfair.com/plan-a-visit/fast-lane

KNOTTS BERRY FARM - NO FAST LANE PLUS AS OF YET

Make the most of your day with a Fast Lane wristband that allows you to bypass the regular lines on 10 rides and attractions including Ghost Rider, Silver Bullet, and more. Ride as many times as you want all day long.

1 @ $55.00

2 @ $50.00

3 @ $45.00

4+ @ $40.00

CALIFORNIA'S GREAT AMERICA - NO FAST LANE PLUS AS OF YET

Make the most of your day with a Fast Lane wristband that allows you to bypass the regular lines on 20 rides and attractions including Gold Striker, Flight Deck, and more. Ride as many times as you want all day long.

1 @ $50.00

2 @ $45.00

3 @ $40.00

4+ @ $35.00

Edited by ChimyChanga

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting decision. I like the idea, but I do think $80-$90 is a bit overpriced. However, I think this is the perfect decision for Gatekeeper, as it won't be flooded with Fast Lane guests, but if you want to skip the line you do have the option. Also, why is Firehawk one of the top attractions at Kings Island?

Don't know where you're seeing it, but Dorney is not offering FastLane Plus, and you don't even have Carowinds on the list either, which are offering FastLane Plus.

Only the top 5 parks are getting it: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Dominion and Carowinds.

Mind you, people are more than likely to go in a group, not by themselves so people will rarely pay the $80 ($90 is Saturday rate)

These are all Saturday or weekend rates, they're $5-10 more than the normal weekday price.

Six Flags has tiers, Universal (both coasts) have VIP tours and regular FOL access, Disney is rolling out MyMagic+ as an incentive to get guests to stay on property...so good for Cedar Fair for keeping up with the industry.

I personally don't think spending $75 is that big of a deal on a Saturday at Cedar Point to guarantee you won't have to stand in line for anything.

If its that important to you to ride Gatekeeper 20 times in one Saturaday visit, you can either wait in line 20 times, or spend $75 -$90. It's your CHOICE.

And that's what is most important about this - it's a CHOICE! If you choose to not buy any skip-the-line passes then you can still wait in line just like you have been for decades. And don't try to give me some crap about how these systems make the lines significantly longer, because they don't.

I personally feel that the majority of people who bitch about these systems can't afford them.

TPR fully supports them and will be buying Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point for our tour participants this year.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Six Flags has tiers, Universal (both coasts) have VIP tours and regular FOL access, Disney is rolling out MyMagic+ as an incentive to get guests to stay on property...so good for Cedar Fair for keeping up with the industry.

And the Busch parks sell two levels of Quick Queue.

Edited by cfc

I'm a little confused. Didn't we already get unlimited rides anyway? When I went to Cedar Point last Summer, we got Fast Lane and we could ride as many times as we want.

Yeah, you're confused. You should probably read the first post again.

I'm a little confused. Didn't we already get unlimited rides anyway? When I went to Cedar Point last Summer, we got Fast Lane and we could ride as many times as we want.

Both are still unlimited, they just did a 2nd tier to it now with 2 more coasters (in Cedar Point's case, Gatekeeper and Top Thrill Dragster) added with FastLane Plus. This was mainly a fix to add coasters that previously though FastLane wasn't a good choice because of already existing capacity issues, but now with a more limited FastLane Plus, they're able to add those rides, and then they just pulled out the most popular ride from the normal FastLane to add to FastLane Plus.

I completely agree with Robb on this one, if you don't like it, don't buy it! I've seen 1st hand how the whole system works and I find it pretty flawless, both for guests and operations. It's why this is my favorite front-of-line pass system out of the rest.

The normal Fast Lane still gets you one ride on each of those major coasters, so if you're smart, you can get a ride or two on Gatekeeper right when the park opens if you get their early, and then again with your regular Fast Lane.

It says on the link that you don't receive a ride on Gatekeeper of Top Thrill Dragster with regular Fast Lane, unless I'm just reading it wrong. However, I'm in full support for this decision. I have a good feeling Cedar Fair knows what they're doing.

Edited by TXman308

Robb, from the way i read it on CP website, is that regualr FL does not even include 1 ride on GK or TTD. Those 2 are reserved for FL+ only.

For what its worth, without any breakdowns, FL added 35 minutes to what should have been a 45 minute line on Millennium Force last year. Line was just before the candy machines.

^I went to Cedar Point last year on opening weekend and used the Fast Lane system. For us, it worked flawlessly.

However, I have had friends that visited Cedar Point during busier times of the summer and said that it wasn't managed well. Maybe this will help with some of their "problem" attractions.

Like I said, for limited capacity rides like Volcano and Firehawk, this will probably help operations. However, for huge capacity rides like Behemoth and Leviathan... I think it's more of a money grab.

The normal Fast Lane still gets you one ride on each of those major coasters, so if you're smart, you can get a ride or two on Gatekeeper right when the park opens if you get their early, and then again with your regular Fast Lane.

It says on the link that you don't receive a ride on Gatekeeper of Top Thrill Dragster with regular Fast Lane, unless I'm just reading it wrong. However, I'm in full support for this decision. I have a good feeling Cedar Fair knows what they're doing.

Yeah, I just saw that. Still doesn't change my opinion on it. It's a CHOICE!!! If you're too cheap to buy it, don't buy it! We're doing a VIP pass as Six Flags on Monday. Most expensive ticket they sell. Guess what? I'm not going to wait in like for anything and it will be worth every peso!

^^ I used it one day for my trip in August. I wouldn't say it wasn't managed well, but it didn't really let you "skip the line" either. Major coasters had fast lane waits between 30 - 45 minutes. While I expected this, the general public was not too happy about it. Really the only time it wasn't managed well was when we waited in line for Magnum, only to be told that since it was only running one train they would not be honoring fast lane. So after waiting a half hour, we were sent to the back of the normal line. That's just not good customer service for guests who payed extra. I'd still love to see them switch over to Q-bots, but Fast Lane is good for what it is.

Robb, i agree! I would do the same. I will buy it at parks that i dont get to very often. But for CP, i visit so much and have been on everything a million times, that i have a great plan on when to ride certain rides.

I have nothing against FL, but wish they would do better with how many people with FL merge at one time.

Some of the lines are ridiculous with the amount they let in, completely stopping the regular line. 35 minutes added to what should have been a 45 minute line is pretty significant in my eyes!

Last year was the first full year of operating with Fast Lane, so there may have been some issues with individual parks adapting to its use. I'm curious to see how they do this year.

I wouldn't say it wasn't managed well, but it didn't really let you "skip the line" either. Major coasters had fast lane waits between 30 - 45 minutes.

So basically it wasn't managed well.

Like anything else, Fast Lane will need to go through a tweak and adjust period, even if that period takes an entire season. Whether it's a money grab for those two extra attractions or a real problem they encountered with a bottleneck on a parks two most popular attractions, that still doesn't change the fact that if someone is willing for fork over the money for a regular Fast Lane, they are probably also willing to fork over $15 for the "plus" option.

And who is it really complaining? Locals? Season pass holders? You guys probably aren't their core demographic for this anyway. They are targeting people who are going to visit once a year and want to make the most of their visit. All I know is that I visit Cedar Point on average only once every three years. And damn right I'm gonna get the Fast Lane pass every visit. If it was $100, I'd still buy it and it would be worth it.

Precisely.

Sorry to those but yeah, I'll be coming from 9 hours away, staying for one day only...wanna maximize my enjoyment.

Also while it's alot and even more now...beats paying for a second day of hotel, park tix, and food!

That being said....$50 was quite reasonable but $75 just feels like a lot. For singlers, $90? Way too much for me but gives incentive to not be a loner

And who is it really complaining? Locals? Season pass holders? You guys probably aren't their core demographic for this anyway. They are targeting people who are going to visit once a year and want to make the most of their visit. All I know is that I visit Cedar Point on average only once every three years. And damn right I'm gonna get the Fast Lane pass every visit. If it was $100, I'd still buy it and it would be worth it.

Exactly. If I'm at BGW or KD on my own, I usually don't bother with Quick Queue or Fast Lane, because I'm at those parks pretty often during the season (esp. the former). But when I visit a park that I've never been to before, such as Cedar Point, Fast Lane could come in very handy.

I used FL when I went on a Saturday during Halloweekends last year. Surprisingly the ride lines were decent that day. The year before the park was brutal, I think they were parking cars on the grass. Skipped a good portion of the line for TTD, but thought the merge point at the bottom of the ramp was too soon. Same with Magnum, as it brought you to the bottom of the stairs and that station can be a packed mess! Didn't use it on Millennium because we got two back to back rides in the morning. Love that Maverick has a separate line but by late afternoon the number of FL guests was substantial, and the wait even for FL was 45 min.

It still beat waiting the full 2+ hours for the top coasters and like mentioned before it was our only visit that year, along with the added insurance of how disastrous Halloweekend Saturdays can be. Hell, I even paid for FL for the couple we went with as to not force the extra financial burden on them. For my fiancé who is less enthused we'll say about coasters, FL allowed us to walk casually and enjoy the park instead of being on a constant mad dash to fit them all in.

One last thing, if hitting the park alone or just with another person be sociable and catch another couple to buy 4 and get those prices down!

Like Chuck said, they are just tweaking the system. SFMM has had this add-on with X2 for a long time with their Flash Pass, so it isn't that bizarre of an action. Cedar Fair is just trying to make the system work as efficiently as possible for both the Stand-by lines and Fast Lane lines.

This makes plenty of sense to me, for a few reasons:

1) This system is actually a better deal than SFMM's X2 system. That is $15 per person per ride. I would much rather be able to add on two attractions with unlimited rides for $20.

2) This system simply does not work well on low capacity rides. If they do this, then maybe Xcelerator could be added to Fast Lane again. From observation, I could tell Knott's had several problems getting Fast Lane to work on this ride, mainly over the local Winter Break. Since Xcelerator has no third ramp leading to the station, the pass would have to be treated as an exit pass. This did not work well for either the Fast Lane users or the guests, since people in the two hour line were being cut off from riding in the station, while the system was a loss for Fast Lane users as well because the limited throughput of the exit pass system allowed the Fast Lane wait to get up to one hour. (Normal wait was 2 hours) This is an example of when a system like Fast Lane Plus would be very useful.