TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your first Arrow Dynamics coaster

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Python at BGT.

I Googled that coaster and found this interesting tidbit on Wikipedia:

A few weeks after the ride opened, a 39-year-old heart patient died shortly after riding the Python. The ride's tagline ("I challenged the Python and lived!") had to be pulled.

D'oh!

My first Arrow was Matterhorn Bobsleds at DLP. My first Arrow looper was Viper @ SFMM.

As rough as it is, Matterhorn is still loads of fun, especially if it races.

Fixed. I haven't seen them send off two trains at the same time, in a long, long time. My bad timing, I guess.

When I was there in Sept.'16 it "almost" happened, when I rode it a second time, on the left side.

But the right side train was "just behind us" by a few seconds.

My first Arrow was Matterhorn Bobsleds at DLP. My first Arrow looper was Viper @ SFMM.

As rough as it is, Matterhorn is still loads of fun, especially if it races.

Fixed. I haven't seen them send off two trains at the same time, in a long, long time. My bad timing, I guess.

When I was there in Sept.'16 it "almost" happened, when I rode it a second time, on the left side.

But the right side train was "just behind us" by a few seconds.

I remember racing the other train at least twice - the last time being in 2008, I believe. When I went late last year, I never even saw the other train during the course of the ride.

First for me was Carolina Cyclone at Carowinds. It was a horrible, head-banging trainwreck of a coaster.

It was actually once a great ride....before you were born...lol It was my second Arrow coaster, and first rode it in the early/mid '90s.

Python at Bush Gardens Tampa

The one BGT credit I will never have. It was closed down before my first visit 10 years ago.

My first Arrow was most likely Steamin' Demon at Great Escape in Queensbury, NY. My mom grew up in the area, so we would go every year for about five years or so. I haven't been since 2001, I would guess, maybe even 2000. The first Arrow that I rode and knew it was an Arrow was Magnum XL-200.

• 1 month later...

Matterhorn at Disneyland for me as well. I know that was my first park, and one of my first coasters ever. I'm racking my brain to think of the second though. I'm going to have to ask someone the order of my first parks. There's a very good chance the second was either Runaway Mine Train or GASM at SFGadv.