SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 32: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer contract extension!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

AWESOME! See, they need to keep up this "your family will have fun here" marketing. As long as visiting or not visiting was a political statement, a lot of people just opted to stay away. Make it a decision on whether you'll have fun, and people will come back.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ragerunner1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

Great news. We really enjoy Sea World and Aquatica in Florida. Great atmosphere, nice theming, great shows and beautiful landscaping. Hope the positive momentum continues.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 pm

This is great news. I visited SeaWorld San Diego a couple weeks ago for the first time in quite a while and I loved it. The park was clean, employees seemed happy and efficient, food was good, and all around it was a fun day. I think Electric Eel did a lot of good for that park!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:27 pm

They followed up the great news by announcing 125 more layoffs, so there's still lots of underlying problems.
Last edited by Jew on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:28 pm.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Look, they can try to spin it any way they want, but let's be real here. It was the free beer. Nothing else.

What I'm trying to say is that if any amusement park in the world wants more people they should give away free beer. Holiday World, I'm lookin at you. You started the trend with soda, now let's have some real fun!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Look, they can try to spin it any way they want, but let's be real here. It was the free beer. Nothing else.

:lmao:
Jew wrote:They followed up the great news by announcing 125 more layoffs, so there's still lots of underlying problems.

Yeah, the problems aren't going to go away overnight. This may not even be much, but hopefully it marks some sort of turn around for the company.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Glad I got out of there when I did; more layoffs yet again. I feel bad for everyone (no longer) working there. I just had that hunch to get out of there when I did to avoid all the drama. I really felt they really were a great company to work for and treated their workers and animals really well.

Unfortunately, I don't see this uptick in financials being long term. I hope I'm wrong.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:58 am

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has sent us a press release announcing the extension of their contract to host the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends charactesr in their parks across the country for five more years!

Beloved Christmas characters Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends, including Clarice, Bumble, the Abominable Snow Monster and Yukon Cornelius, and Rudolph themed attractions will continue to be featured as part of the Christmas Celebration™ events at SeaWorld parks in Orlando, Fla., San Antonio and San Diego; Christmas Town™ at Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. and Williamsburg, Va. and A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pa.

The five-year contract extension was announced today by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and Character Arts, LLC, the exclusive licensor of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and all of the characters from the 1964-television special. The extension ensures that Rudolph & Friends will continue to add holiday fun to the theme parks’ already popular Christmas events through January 31, 2024.

Walk-around characters, photo areas, dining opportunities and games are just some of the ways the world’s most famous reindeer will be featured at the theme parks.

“We are thrilled that Rudolph will continue to be part of the wonderful Christmas experiences at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Sesame Place,” said Jonathan Flom, founder, Character Arts. “These characters have already been so well-received by park guests, and we are looking forward to continuing sharing the holiday fun.”

“Generations of our guests have grown up with Rudolph and we are happy to continue the tradition at our popular holiday events,” said John Reilly, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment’s interim CEO. “We are always looking for ways to provide our guests with best-in-class experiences; Rudolph & Friends certainly help us do that with unique, interactive elements for the entire family.”

SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Sesame Place’s holiday celebrations will launch in late November and run throughout the month of December. For additional holiday information, visit: http://www.SeaWorldParks.com
SEA Rudolph and Friends.jpg
SEA Rudolph and Clarice.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!