SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

P. 32: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer contract extension!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am

I love SeaWorld! And I'm glad things are starting to improve for the company! =) I visited SeaWorld Orlando for the first time in 2011, and I'll be visiting SeaWorld San Diego for the first time in July. The reason I'm visiting is because of the new coaster (I've never ridden a Sky Rocket II model), and to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere that SeaWorld parks provide. I'm happy that SeaWorld does so much for the animals, but adding coasters, thrill rides, and other attractions is what draws guest in. As long as they focus on the parks, and stop caring about that BLACKFISH garbage, and worrying about PETA, I'm sure the company will do just fine. =) =) =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 pm

yeah.. CNN ran a positive story on attendance being up too! (but of course, mentions Blackfish in the story)

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/08/investing/seaworld-attendance-earnings-stock-blackfish/index.html
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 am

Apologies if this was posted here but this is awesome.

SeaWorld bans plastic bags, straws from 12 theme parks
http://www.latimes.com/os-bz-seaworld-plastic-bag-20180608-story.html

To protect the environment, SeaWorld Entertainment has removed all single-use straws and plastic bags from the company’s 12 theme parks, including those in Orlando.

The Orlando-headquartered company made the announcement Friday in a news release.

"We see the harmful effects of plastic pollution in the animals we rescue and rehabilitate, and therefore, recognize the importance of doing our part to curb plastic pollution,” interim CEO John T. Reilly said in a statement.

The Ocean Conservancy, a nonprofit environmental advocacy group, estimates that 8 million metric tons of plastics end up in the ocean every year, SeaWorld said in the release.

At SeaWorld parks, visitors will now receive paper straws or can buy reusable plastic straws for their drinks at the concession stands.

“The process has been ongoing for a few years,” SeaWorld spokesman Travis Claytor said about reducing plastic waste. “This has been something we’ve been working toward.”

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 am

Excellent. Every park should do this.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:16 am

Our welcome bags for our wedding guests are reusable metal and bamboo straws and making a donation to the Marine Mammal Center with some information on the table about the importance of reducing the use of single-use plastic. (Yep, we're those people, I get it. For what it's worth, the food and booze will be kick-ass, too.)

Glad to see more and more companies doing the right thing.
Last edited by michaellynn4 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:10 am.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:53 am

Busch Gardens Williamsburg had paper straws when I went to the food and wine festival this year, they are awful. I ended up using about two straws per frozen drink because they kept getting clogged and end up looking like someone chewed on them when I didn't lol and it affects the taste cause it really does feel like you have paper in your mouth.

I'm totally behind getting rid of plastic straws but paper straws aren't the answer for me. I'll just bring a reusable straw for myself next year.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 am

So I got an email from SeaWorld late last night, apparently they settled this class action lawsuit and some people are entitled to some free popcorn now lol.... This whole thing just seems like a massive waste of time and money of the court system just to get some free popcorn out of SeaWorld lol... This is from a Google search about it...

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/832470-seaworld-customer-receipt-class-action-settlement/

And this is from the email I received...

"Pursuant to the Settlement Agreement and final order of the Court approving the settlement in the matter of Diaz v. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., et al, SeaWorld has chosen popcorn as the free food concession item. Accordingly, if you have received this email as an entitled Class Member you may follow the steps below to obtain two (2) certificates each of which shall entitle you to one free bag of popcorn (2 bags in total) from any concession stand within a SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment theme park where such item is sold. Each certificate shall be valid for 2 years from the date of issuance. You will not be required to pay the stated purchase price for the concession or tax. Park admission is required in order to redeem this offer."

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:16 am

haderpopcorn.gif

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:51 am

[quote="boldikus"]Apologies if this was posted here but this is awesome.

SeaWorld bans plastic bags, straws from 12 theme parks
http://www.latimes.com/os-bz-seaworld-plastic-bag-20180608-story.html[quote/]

:nina: Just saw this, great news.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:09 am

SeaWorld reported a great Q2 and PETA is soooooooo f*cking pissed. :lol:

SeaWorld Surges After Free Beer and New Rides Drive Visitor Growth

SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. rose the most in more than five years after reporting a steep rise in theme-park attendance and a tentative settlement in a long-running Securities and Exchange Commission investigation.

Attendance at the company’s parks rose 4.8 percent in the second quarter, a critical summer stretch. On a conference call with investors Monday, management cited rising season-pass sales, new rides and a free-beer promotion in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. The company also said it saw a strong uptick in July.

The results mark a turnaround at SeaWorld, which has battled animal-rights activists who say the parks shouldn’t keep killer whales in captivity. The company also recorded an estimated $4 million expense to settle with federal regulators who’ve been investigating claims prior management wasn’t candid with investors when discussing the business impact of “Blackfish,” a 2013 documentary critical of the company.

SeaWorld, which owns its namesake ocean-themed parks, as well as Busch Gardens and some water parks, reported second-quarter results that beat analysts’ expectations, even as other amusement-park operators reported weaker results due to storms on the East Coast. The company set a new target of $50 million in cost savings as well.

“We are impressed with the strong performance despite weather headwinds,” Wells Fargo Securities analyst Tim Conder said in a research note Monday.

Shares of SeaWorld gained 17 percent to $24.67 at 10:58 a.m. in New York after rising as high as $26 to mark the biggest intraday gain since April 2013. The stock had advanced 56 percent through Aug. 3.

- Bloomberg

So yeah, this is huge, huge news. I was hesitant to get too excited about Q1 because Q1 is a small sample size since it's their slow season in the year-round parks and Williamsburg is closed for most of it and I was concerned that with Easter being when it was and with Williamsburg's new pricing structure we were just seeing revenue move from Q2 to Q1 but this seems to validate the fact that the chain is FINALLY seeing some legitimate growth.

This is great news all around.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!