Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Newest coaster / theme park sim, currently in development
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Site Admin

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Theme_Park_Studio_Logo.jpg
Viewed 22565 times
Hey Theme Park Review! We have some VERY exciting news for you! We have been speaking with our friends at Pantera Entertainment on a new theme park & roller coaster simulation game, Theme Park Studio, that will be released in 2013! Check out the screen shots and the teaser video below, along with some features about the new game, and we would love to get your feedback!

QUESTION FOR YOU ALL! I know we have a lot of Roller Coaster Tycoon and No Limits players here, and in my conversations with Pantera, Theme Park Studio sounds like it will be a wonderful "marriage" of these two games. Where you can construct more than just roller coasters, like RCT, but with some level of detail and realism, like in No Limits. Personally, I'm very excited about this concept! So here's the question for you...

After reading the information below, watching the video, etc, Pantera would like to know, what is the single most important feature you'd like to see in this game? And if you'd like to elaborate on how you think it should be implemented, that would be great to hear also! For example, if the most important feature to you is "being able to visit other players parks", tell us that along with how you would hope it would be done.

I would like to introduce Steve from Pantera Entertainment, posting under the screen name "PanteraEnt" and he will be happy to answer your questions and discuss the development of the game! So now, here are some details and features!

IMPORTANT! LIKE their Facebook page for updates! http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

YouTube Videolink

Theme Park Studio
By Pantera Entertainment

Theme Park Studio is a suite of tools that allow players to design, build, and experience stunning amusement parks. Players can build coasters, create mini games, build worlds, customize terrains, and more. When finished, parks can be published to their server for the world to enjoy. Theme Park Studio is targeting summer 2013 for its release.

Theme Park Studio features include:
- Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired

- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization. You can also publish your objects on our server for a royalty share.

- Particle Effects: Full integration of the 'Oasis' particle effects system allows players to create everything from waterfalls, weather effects, explosions, and much more. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows like coasters jumping through ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings of fire and splashing through water.

- Scripting: Build your own mini games.

- Networked: When finished, you can publish your game to their server, allowing the world to experience your custom theme park.

- Terrain Engine: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.

- Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.

- Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..

- Vegetation: 'Oasis' features an advanced vegetation engine. Pantera's proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulence settings.

Screenshots
tps9.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps8.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps7.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps6.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps5.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps4.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps3.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps2.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps12.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps11.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps10.png
Viewed 38473 times

tps1.png
Viewed 38473 times

Wow! Now that you've had a chance to watch the video, read the features, and check out the screen shots, please answer for us this one question...

WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE THAT YOU WOULD WANT TO SEE IN THIS GAME?
Please post your answer in THIS thread!
Don't forget to LIKE their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

Honest, constructive feedback on what you have seen is VERY welcome and absolutely encouraged!
Last edited by A.J. on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:02 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Announcing "Theme Park Studio" - A new simulation game!

Postby Alex1337 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:36 pm

I'd really love if you were able to design and create your own themed objects in the game, in some way. So that you could import original theming from an amusement park and re-create your favourite rides. I know its a tough one to manage, but if you could make it simple and efficient, it would be friggin' awesome!
Alex Poulsen, "born" in Bon Bon Land, proud danish rollercoaster enthusiast

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby rustyinpeace » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm

I just hope we will have guests in our park. That's just the icing on the cake!
Hi, I'm Rusty and my username was a MISTAKE!!!! I'm not dead! didn't mean to put that![/color]

R.I.P. Deja Vu (2001-2011)

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Since flat rides would be included, I'd love to have the ability to 'operate' them much like the No Limits Fairground game that was out a while ago. This would include creating custom ride programs, control 'rider controlled' flats (like flying scooters, tea cups, shifting weight on a tilt-a-whirl to get it to whip, etc).

I am highly excited for this and shared their FB page a week ago but will do it again as I face several coaster enthusiast friends on there. 2013's gonna be exciting!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I think the one thing that keeps me going back to RCT2 is the ability to make a "complete" park rather than just one ride. No Limits is great to play around and design with, but I tend to get bored with it quicker because the rides never actually operate, draw crowds, become popular, etc.

The original post mentioned that this will have more than just coasters, but will that extend to having customizable things like dark rides, flat rides, water rides, etc?

Also, will you be able to open your park to "peeps" of some sort? And fully operate the park like in RCT?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:46 pm

The first thing that pops into my mind apart from what has already been said -

I think you should be able to put custom textures on cars, even if it's just the car's shell and not the seating and restraints.

But the biggest issue for me personally is, once again, Mac OS X compatibility, even if you just test it with Bootcamp and Parallels.
Last edited by A.J. on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby 1pizza14 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:46 pm

rustyinpeace wrote:I just hope we will have guests in our park. That's just the icing on the cake!

From the small preview it looks like this is more of a sim game.. so will we see guests? I think adding station ambiance or ride attendants in the station would add a great amount of realism to the game. I seriously can't wait to try this out!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby grrt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:47 pm

So should we post our suggestions in this thread then?

If so, I think the most important thing is that the game be easy to add your own content to. It looks as if you're allowing for custom objects, but I think that everything tangible in the game should, at least on some level, be easily manipulated. For instance, when turning a park to fall colors, being able to change the colors of the leaves instead of swapping out all the trees, or repainting the ground texture. Same going for winter and snow. A lot of people like crafting storylines, but when winter or fall comes around it's a huge task to transform things to a different season.

The same going for changing out paths or lights, there has to be a better way to change out a pavement or lamp style rather than deleting and re-adding them again.

Allowing for custom coaster trains and flat rides to be added I think is the biggest thing I would hope for. There's plenty of talented folk willing to model and import their own designs. As well, it'd be much easier if we were able to swap out textures in-game rather than have to create an entirely new Custom train with different textures, as is currently the case in RCT3.

And to allow for easy sharing I hope that the object creation and installation process is fairly streamlined as well.

Oh, and an undo button! This is a MUST!
Last edited by grrt on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby tarheelblue55 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

This looks epic! Can't wait for summer. Looks like RCT3 mixed with No Limits. Is there and alpha or beta yet?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm

I think one of the biggest things that I'd like to see in a theme park game is realism. It really irks me when I see some games out there with incredibly fake rides with cheesy theming and the lack of catwalks and trees that look like fake blobs. It would be a must-have for me if the roller coasters looked like ones from B&M, GCI, and Gerstlauer and the flat rides looked like designs from Zamperla and Huss. Let's also not forget the ability for the designer to be able to re-create and create their own awesome parks. :lover:

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness