TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013- What are you most excited for?

2012 was a pretty awesome year.. We had the introduction of polarizing rides like Skyrush, wingriders in the US, the world's tallest Beemer, Transformers, dueling Chinese (American made ) roller coasters that let you high five, and apparently California Adventure welcomed their first guest.. It was a pretty great year.

So assuming the world doesn't end on 12/12/12, What are your most excited for in 2013?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of new additions I'll get a chance to ride, it's a tie between GateKeeper and Gold Striker.

I'm intrigued by YOLOcoaster, it could be terrible, it could be great - the proof will be in the riding.

But I'm just looking forward to 2013 in general, as I've got a six-week-long USA trip planned that will get me to plenty of parks I've never visited before, including Cedar Point, Knoebels, Hersheypark and Busch Gardens.

Since it's unlikely I'll visit any parks outside of California next year, Full Throttle is probably the new coaster I'm most looking forward to riding (followed by Gold Striker). However, I'm also looking forward to seeing what the general reception is on GateKeeper and Outlaw Run (and to a lesser extent Iron Rattler), and watching the trip reports from TPR's 2013 trips (especially Mexico).

Gold Striker and Undertow. Even after seeing GS's construction with my own eyes multiple times, it's still hard to believe that it's finally going to happen at last. As for Undertow, I am looking forward to some insane unbalanced rides. Overall, I'm just really happy that two of my home parks are getting new coasters, and good ones too!

I'm sure I'll be making it to SCBB as some point next year, so with this said, will have to be Gold Striker and Undertow. As BFG said, I've seen (and followed) Gold Striker construction since the ground broke (and even before when it was a rumor back in 08) and it is very surreal to know that CGA is finally getting a coaster! It felt even more unreal reading CF's press release and seeing only CP, CGA, and Knotts getting coasters, but CGA being second on the list of their announcements.

Since I'm likely only to ride the new California rides next year I'll have to go with Full Throttle since looks like it is either going to be amazing or overwhelmingly meh, second would have to be Gold Striker since it looks like the layout is fantastic. As for any ride in 2013 I'd have to say Iron Rattler and Outlaw Run both look amazing but I think Iron Rattler may just edge it out depending on what's after the tunnel.

Outlaw Run looks absolutely insane, and if it wasn't for the technicality that I'm over 1,000 miles away, I'd be readying myself for my first ride.

As for the ride I will most likely be riding, probably Gatekeeper. I have yet to ride a Wing Rider, so why not start with the biggest one? Overall, it's not looking to be a very coaster-filled summer for me next year, but the additions popping up across the country look spectacular.

I really appreciate the fact that the YOLOcoaster is the new non-official/official name of the ride. Lets keep this up. I'd like to see all marketing and signage reflect this new name. If Drake performs at the grand opening, then you can put yoloaster as my most anticipated ride.