TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beto Carrero World - new home to The Chiller (sfgad)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm... I wonder if the "heart-line" track is still around. Wouldn't it be nice to see that re-built? With new more flexible trains, of course.

That thing with lap bars and the rolls was one of the best steel coasters I ever rode. Too bad it was down most of the times I was there...

^The ride may need new trains. From what I recall, the rolling stock was part of the ride's issues. However the ride was designed with the old train in mind. Who knows, anything is possible! I can't wait to see construction, Chiller was my favorite ride at SFGADV.

This makes me happy. I worked on this coaster back in 2002. It was truly a great ride, aside from the multitude of issues it had. I know that the in-line twists beat the hell out of the wheel assemblies, which ultimately contributed to their removal.

I'm a fan of the Premier launched shuttles, so I hope Beto Carrero can get Chiller up and running again. It was closed for good by the time I made it to Great Adventure.

Of course, it's rather unlikely that I'll ride it in its new location, either--but who knows?

Good news even though I'll most likely never ride it in Brazil. This is most likely one of my favorite launched coaster but never got to ride the Batman side with just the lapbars. Hopefully they can keep this thing running better then at Great Adventure.

Nice to see the Chiller being relocated. Although I never got to ride it, it did look really cool and intense. I do wonder how much of the sturcture needs to be replaced as I'm pretty sure sitting in a field in New Jersey for years has not been kind to the structure, track, and LIMs. All I hope is that it doesn't become as jerky as the Canyon Blaster at the Great Escape which had some of its track replaced after sitting in Old Indiana Fun Park for 4 years

We should all just be happy the ride was saved (in theory), don't even think about seeing the inline twists come back...that would be a miracle!

Yeah, knowing Six Flags, I'm sure those track pieces were sold for scrap as soon as they could be!

--Robb "Company needs the money coming in!" Alvey