150 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Eurofighter?

• Typhoon - Bobbejaanland
    • Vild-Svinet - BonBon-Land
    • Speed:No Limits - Oakwood Theme Park
    • Rage - Adventure Island
    • Mystery Mine - Dollywood
    • Iron Shark - Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
    • SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge - Nickelodeon Universe(MoA)
    • Falcon - Duinrell
    • SAW: The Ride - Thrope Park
    • Curse of Novgorod - Hansa Park
    • Huracan - Belantis
    • Dare Devil Dive - Six Flags Over Georgia
    • Untamed - Canobie Lake Park
    • Takabisha - Fuji-Q Highland

Shouldn't the question be more like "what is the least worst Eurofighter?"

Indeed.

You're still missing two, right? Eurofighter at Zoosafari Fasanolandia and Abyss in Australia?

I've ridden the one in Italy and all but one (Oakwood) on your current ballot. I'm not a fan of the layout so I prefer those that are the most heavily themed, namely Mystery Mine, Fluch von Novgorod, and Saw. Takabisha was probably the most thrilling and I did like the station theming for Untamed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Anubis?

Anubis: The Ride at Plopsaland De Panne? Good question. I guest it's technically not a Euro-fighter without the vertical lift hill? I don't know. Good ride, though. I guess Lynet at Fårup falls into the sort of category as it's also a launch out of the station.

• 3 years later...

Novgorod. This and Mystery Mine are the only two I have ridden. Mystery Mine slightly edges out Novgorod in terms of theming, but Novgorod gives a much better ride experience, no question. Aside from one good drop, Mystery Mine's entire first half felt very dull. I have ridden family coasters more intense than this. The second half is better, but also too short. Novgorod is awesome for the entire ride. It has plenty of high-G turns, a great inversion, and a few very good moments of airtime. Doing a beyond vertical drop in pitch black was also unique.

Mystery Mine has some intense moments, but overall has far too many uninteresting parts. Novgorod is intense and relentless, exactly how a Eurofighter should be. Novgorod wins by far.

If you are limiting "Eurofighters" to only coasters made by Gerstlauer (and not other manufacturers who have made very similar-styled coasters, like Skyrocket at Kennywood) I have only ridden two so far. Mystery Mine at Dollywood and Spongebob and Nick Universe. Spongebob packed more punch by far; probably because it is smaller, and smaller inversions tend to be more intense than larger elements. But Mystery Mine was overall IMO the better of the two because of the themeing and the parts that are indoors, even though it lacked the intensity of Spongebob.

Novgorod is awesome for the entire ride. It has plenty of high-G turns, a great inversion, and a few very good moments of airtime. Doing a beyond vertical drop in pitch black was also unique.

This sums up my thoughts exaxtly. And it also has an incredible launch! Still one of the best launches I have done. Fluch Von Novgorod is by far my favourite! It is such an awesome ride.

Novgorod is awesome for the entire ride. It has plenty of high-G turns, a great inversion, and a few very good moments of airtime. Doing a beyond vertical drop in pitch black was also unique.

This sums up my thoughts exaxtly. And it also has an incredible launch! Still one of the best launches I have done. Fluch Von Novgorod is by far my favourite! It is such an awesome ride.

It's the only Eurofighter I have ridden so I will refrain from voting, but I can only add to what you guys are saying about Novgorod. Everyone thinks of Kärnan when Hansa Park is mentioned, and it probably is my favorite ride at the park, but Novgorod was by far the biggest surprise of the trip for me. Particularly the launch, turn and airtime hill was absolutely fantastic! I also thought it was a pleasantly comfortable ride, a couple of minor jerks in the turnaround, but nothing that really detracted from the ride experience. The part in the dark was awesome also, just a shame it wasn't just a little bit longer. But overall an awesome ride!

Honestly, none of the 5 Eurofighters I’ve ridden were great. They all fall into a fun, but ehh category. Some are rough, some are just slow or have bad pacing, but none stand out to me. Maybe the European ones are better? Id rank them as follows:

1. Monster (great drop, but every element feels like it was designed to almost stall the train. You barely make it through like 6 elements here)

2. Mystery Mine (very interesting, but the first half is quite uncomfortable.)

3. Rage (smoothest, but shortest)

4. SpongeBob (Ehh, it's ok)

5. Dare Devil Dive (Boring and forgettable)

I really love the designs, layouts, and innovations that Gerst comes up with, but I feel like they never quite mastered the basics.

Saw the Ride is my favorite. I heard reports that the ride was rough, but I found it perfectly smooth. I only was able to ride it once, so maybe I just got lucky. But I loved it. The indoor section was themed as well as Mystery Mine, but the outdoor segment was considerably longer. I didn't realize it would have as many inversions as it did.

2) Mystery Mine- A shorter version of Saw.

3) Hydrus- Love the lap bar only trains.

4) Untamed- It has an extra helix compared to Hydrus, but I'll take the lap bars.

For myself it has to be SPEED at Oakwood Park in Wales.

It was my very first Eurofighter, and I loved it so much, I went on it

12 times in a row, before I started to get a small headache from

riding too much, LOL!

And I remember calling that downward spiral near the end of it, the "Toilet Bowl."

I have been on 7 others (in the list) since then. Probably actual better ones, too.

No matter. "One's First" is always/usually "The Best One".

Speed_Oakwood_Wales.jpg.040c606bcd161802c4a058116459db74.jpg

Me (on the right) on my umpteenth time on Speed. TPR 2006 UK Tour. Thanks to whoever took this shot!

I forget who did. It's my age, and that's my excuse! (o;

• 2 weeks later...
If you are limiting "Eurofighters" to only coasters made by Gerstlauer (and not other manufacturers who have made very similar-styled coasters, like Skyrocket at Kennywood)

Or Wicked at Lagoon

By the way, do Infinity Coasters count? I know the trains are different, but some like Junker and Karacho only have two rows, and look just like a regular Eurofighter. Is it the train design itself or that it has two rows that make it a Eurofighter?

If you are limiting "Eurofighters" to only coasters made by Gerstlauer (and not other manufacturers who have made very similar-styled coasters, like Skyrocket at Kennywood)

Or Wicked at Lagoon

By the way, do Infinity Coasters count? I know the trains are different, but some like Junker and Karacho only have two rows, and look just like a regular Eurofighter. Is it the train design itself or that it has two rows that make it a Eurofighter?

According to Gerstlauer, what differentiates an Infinity Coaster from a Eurofighter is the trains/lapbars and train capabilities, regardless of the number of rows on the car. So I would say Karacho and Junker wouldn't qualify as Eurofighters, per Gerstlauer's definition (you can see Adam Sandy explain it in IAAPA interviews from this year).

• 3 weeks later...

I've only been on two Eurofighters, but I think Dare Devil Dive is better than Spongebob because of the lap bars, but I think I might of gotten a bad ride on Spongebob. But if we're counting Eurofighter style rides, it would definitely be Fahrenheit at Hershey.