Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Can't wait to see the new shows. They always do an amazing job!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:25 pm

As much as i'm sure the new show will be amazing, I will miss the old little mermaid show, I went expecting very little and was really suprised by how much aerial work (pun not intended) went into each show when it happened so often. The little kids were fascinated with flying through the air on her trapeze (swimming through the fake ocean on her trapeze) and all the other aerial actors representing the fishes. I expected something cringe-worthy like the golden mickeys but came away really impressed.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

^ I will miss the old show, too. But I am sure a few of those things that made the first show so special (like the trapeze), especially for children, will be used again. And it looks like they are going to design the new show to still run only as long as the first one - 15 minutes. Short for adults, but more than enough time to enthrall all the kids, which is who the production is mainly for, lol.

And like I said before - something new and awesome to come back to see, at Tokyo Disney Sea. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Wes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the old show...looking forward to seeing if the new one improves on it.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby therooboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm

"Note: “The Legend of Mythica”, the daytime harbor show which opened in July 2006, will close on September 7, 2014."

I thought this was like Fantasmic or The Electrical Parade in the US & would become the Tokyo Disney show that would run forever. A great, unique show.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:25 pm

^ Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about that one ending, too.

There must be another day time harbour show they'll (eventually) come up with
to replace "Mythica".

I hope. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Justice » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Legend of Mythica was in my opinion the greatest daytime show ever. The way it utilizes the rest of the harbor sets it apart from every other show on planet earth. A genius show for sure.

The show is expected to be replaced by another I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool Davison creation for TDS' 15th but thats not until 2 years after Legend of Mythica closes so speculation is that OLC will use seasonal shows in between.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:23 am

^It is an impressive show. I was thinking how great it would have been if they put in something similar to it at DCA.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:14 am

The thing that killed any type of live water show at DCA was there was no backstage harbor to park/hide the show during the day. They had built that parade building back where the harbor would have needed to go, and they just re-launched The Electrical Parade which that building was to house.

I will be sad to see Mythica leave, it was such a great show!But I'm sure what ever replaces it will be great too!

Postby Justice » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:39 am

jray21 wrote:^It is an impressive show. I was thinking how great it would have been if they put in something similar to it at DCA.

DisneySEA was designed to have boats on the lagoon that could have performers disembark at specific locations. Its just not possible at DCA.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!