Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Ccron10 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:43 pm

A little skeptical about this since it's not confirmed, but tdrexplorer.com is saying that a local leading newspaper is saying that Tokyo Disney Resort is adding a 3rd gate to potentially open by 2022 called Tokyo DisneySky:

https://tdrexplorer.com/third-tokyo-disney-park-tokyo-disneysky-reports/
The sky and space themed park would feature a jet plane simulator, moving walkways, and open as early as 2022.

According to the report in the Mainichi Shimbun, the theming of the new park would be unique to Tokyo Disney Resort, just like Tokyo Disney Sea. Moving walkways would move guests around, and there would be no paper ticketing. Instead, guests would use a smartphone app to gain access to the park.

An official announcement is expected in April or May 2018, with construction set to begin in 2019. The park would be built in the parking area behind Tokyo Disneyland.

In a statement late Sunday morning, OLC said it had not made an announcement about a third park.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm

^ Well, I'm all ears! :mickey:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:14 pm

I have to admit, this all seems/reads to make sense now, particularly since there was proposed plans to build a parking garage big enough for ALL OF THOSE CARS in that proposed 3rd Park area. This could turn into quite the RESORT if it all happens.

And if it does happen and open by (proposed) 2022, David and I will get that to visit and enjoy in our 2024 Combo HKDL-TDLR Tour! :mickey: :lover: :mickey:
tokyo-disneysky-area.png
Could this happen, by 2022? We'll find out this April-May.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:25 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Attached is a link to the article that Ccron mentioned in addition to the text

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180205/p2a/00m/0na/002000c

Oriental Land mulls new Tokyo Disney Resort 'sky' theme park
February 5, 2018 (Mainichi Japan)

URAYASU, Chiba -- The operator of Tokyo Disney Resort (TDR) is entertaining the idea of creating a third amusement park centered around a "sky" theme, it has emerged.

Oriental Land Co., which oversees the famous Disney resort here, is thinking of adding to its existing land- and sea-based theme parks by creating attractions and areas relating to sky and space.

With potential names such as "DisneySky" already being put forward, Oriental Land is aiming to start construction in fiscal 2019, before opening the park three years later in fiscal 2022.

Disney amusement parks themed on "land" already exist in countries such as the United States, France and China, aside from Japan. However, Japan is the only country in the world to have a sea-based Disney theme park.

According to a source close to Oriental Land, the firm "wants to make a 'one of a kind' theme park, similar to Tokyo DisneySea," and is therefore working toward creating the first sky-related Disney resort in the world. The company is considering the introduction of attractions that would provide simulations of flying in a jet plane or through space.

In addition, Oriental Land is also thinking of making the park "elderly friendly" by installing moving walkways, and designing the park in such a way that it can be enjoyed without having to walk too far.

With TDR attracting roughly 30 million visitors each year, Oriental Land is faced with the challenge of how to ease crowding. With this in mind, there are plans to replace the current paper admission ticket system with an electronic verification system based on smartphones to improve the flow of people in and out of the park.

Moreover, Oriental Land is thinking of placing sensors in the park that can analyze the movement of visitors, as well as people's use of attractions, in order to work on crowd dispersal during the busiest times.

Currently, the company is looking into the proposal in detail, with the aim of making an announcement about the new park in late April or early May. It is also planning to convert the current parking lot into a multi-story one, and build the new theme park on vacant parts of the Urayasu site.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 am

Soarin’ is going to TDS, so close.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:07 am

...In addition, Oriental Land is also thinking of making the park "elderly friendly" by installing moving walkways, and designing the park in such a way that it can be enjoyed without having to walk too far.

At my age and health, this will be my kind of park! :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 am

Maybe they can find a way to re-use the Flight of passage tech if this true.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Soarin’ is going to TDS, so close.

My first thought. This ride would have been absolutely perfect for a sky-themed park. Oh well...

I think an Up-themed ride would be very appropriate in this park at least. This is Tokyo, I'm sure what they come up with if the rumors are true will be nothing short of amazing. Pretty excited at the thought of a 3rd park in this location.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 am

For how slender that piece of land is, I actually think a modern version of Peoplemover could work perfectly. Also with all the show buildings and resort hotels around, indoor media based attractions would most likely have a much higher presence than outdoor attractions. Well it’s Disney and OLC so that isn’t much of a problem because they have the cash.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 am

larrygator wrote:Attached is a link to the article that Ccron mentioned in addition to the text

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180205/p2a/00m/0na/002000c

Oriental Land mulls new Tokyo Disney Resort 'sky' theme park
February 5, 2018 (Mainichi Japan)

URAYASU, Chiba... The company is considering the introduction of attractions that would provide simulations of flying in a jet plane or through space.

Star Wars Land: Japan
And a Planes Land!
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!