TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ And also everybody running to Soarin' when it opens, leaves some interesting first-attractions possibilities,

i.e ToT, Mania, Big Band Beat. Could drop a bit. Also make heading to the original back attractions and those

in Mysterious island a bit easier to get on, and get FastPasses, etc.

F_09OurFanGirls_TDS.jpg.1d7bae17b2c53f451f6532db4d214242.jpg

Myself and our FanGurls on our First Ever Visit to TDS ~ TPR 2007 Japan Tour.

MikeFanGirlsTDS11_07_07.jpg.c4f8cd80d7108b69a5e6cc8edfa7a749.jpg

And this is Mike in the middle of..... Our Gurls. Now, where did Peter's photo with them, go to? Hmmm.

^ And also everybody running to Soarin' when it opens, leaves some interesting first-attractions possibilities,

i.e ToT, Mania, Big Band Beat. Could drop a bit. Also make heading to the original back attractions and those

in Mysterious island a bit easier to get on, and get FastPasses, etc.

Soarin' lines are probably going to be a nightmare when it opens. Remember when Toy Story Mania first opened at TDS?

toy2.jpg

Edited by KPTSN

^ I also realized, with all the new stuff eventually opening, the massive crowds will head to the right side of each - park!

Up through Tomorrowland and just a bit before Toontown to get to Beauty and Beast Land,

and the new Big Hero 6 attraction, and a brand new actual (not a cart)... Popcorn Shop (!) in TDL.

And with TDS, it's up the right side of the Harbor anyway for Soarin'. But beyond that, it's around and under the archway, over to Arabian Coast,

then to the Flying Carpets, and there's Magic Springs. (I'm calling it that, for now).

popcorn-shop2020a.jpg.25cb635978eb274765ff6e06371eb2c2.jpg

PopCorn Shop!

popcorn-shop2020b.jpg.7374ef6691d12be48b047efdb3d3b995.jpg

...With many popcorn flavours (I hope) and souvenir buckets available!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted about the upcoming Summer Festival in TDL...

Tokyo Disneyland’s Disney Natsu Matsuri is inspired by Japan’s Summer Festival celebrations and is a great way to witness Japenese culture with a Disney twist.

At the center of the event is Sansui! Summer Beat, a colorful dance party featuring high tempo music, choreography, and Disney characters spraying water into the crowd. “Sansui” means “sparkling sun and water” and the show is true to its name, if you’re close to the action, you will get wet!

Sansui! Summer Beat features 100 performers in traditional Japanese dress. Including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Max, Chip, Dale, and Clarice.

The show will take place three times per day with five floats traveling along the parade route to the Plaza and Castle Forecourt for the main show.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disney-resort-summer-events-2018/#disneynatsumatsuri

Of course, there is merchandise and food/beverages to enjoy, especially created for the Sansui! Summer Beat.

sansui-summer-beat.jpg.46fc02ba5fc7d36597a1765a719a4adc.jpg

Get too close and you will get WET! Photo from Disney.

natsu-matsuri-menu2018.jpg.a0dba43b47af5d9f82b3fadfa80de9f6.jpg

Some of the food and beverages available during Natsu Masuri.

^ I love it too! And I am hoping it turns out very much like the concept art shows.

And at least three varieties of popcorn available there. Not just one,

like each cart has. And popcorn buckets a-plenty too, lol!

By the way, just an observation...but it appears to me that in all the new concept art about what's going in at the back of DisneySea, there is still a 2nd "passageway" I could make out in the other art, that goes up the (left to inside guests) side of the Beauty/Beast show building, in Disneyland that could lead, crossing a section of road with either a bridge or a tunnel, into the new area that is now to be built. The entry into the Magic Springs would be around where the Frozen port would be. Between it and the Tangled port. And between Tangled and Peter Pan would be the entry/exit in Disney Sea. (What I can make out from it all.)

Could this be their answer to traveling between parks, like Universal Orlando? Park Hopper Pass needed, just like Universal? Without leaving the park itself? Like you have to do now, if park hopping between TDL and TDS? Oooo, maybe something like the elevated railway in TDS, but with enclosed windows like the Hogwarts Express in Universal Orlando, or the Ocean Express (Which is actually going up/down through a mountain and not the ocean, but really who cares? It's awesome!) in Ocean Park, Hong Kong?

Ha! Disney could call it the "Magic Springs Express"!

Just an observation of all the concept art available. (Maybe it will be The New Project, after 2022 when this is all built and open, by?)

#BlueSkyDreaming

overall-view.jpg.fccf0c2ed549f682e80352ba2c1d3be5.jpg

In the concept art, the Popcorn Shop looks to be there, beyond the upper left area of the Big Hero 6 attraction.

tdr-fantasyland-expansion10.png.a1d9a20f8bcb68a3e811e750eacacbee.png

It's not an even line up, but it gives some idea of where a "Magical Pathway" could be put,

connecting the two parks either on foot, or a transport attraction like the train at Universal Orlando.

tdr-02.png.bac33a30f168877376932281e08db8f0.png

Until the foundations are set, I'm not that sure of where Peter Pan and Tangled will actually go, as well as Frozen and the hotel.

But a back path from TDL could still be possible, from what I see. Other people posted these (including the artwork)

w/o their names, so Thank You to whoever got these shots!

Edited by Nrthwnd

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a new list of menu items for this summer's Pirates Summer at Disney Sea.

Everything looks awesome, including things like souvenir plates and cups, etc. you can get in addition to the

food and drink. Pirates Summer runs from July 8 through to September 2.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-pirates-summer-menu-2018/

pirates-summer-food2018.thumb.jpg.a3d4c73d600d640dcbab883388046649.jpg

What I'm more curious about is what will happen to Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland once this area opens... It would be redundant to have this ride and two more rides in Tokyo DisneySea.

You mean like how Midway Mania makes Astro Blasters redundant? Or the Star Wars lands and Star Tours? Multiple attractions based on one franchise have co-existed in different parks at the same resort for YEARS now. Why would this be any different?

Edited by robbalvey

New merchandise for sale now during the Celebrate! TDL Season.

More on this posted at http://www.tdrexplorer.com

celebrate-TDL2018.jpeg.eff6440366541feff2f5fbcff0acd589.jpeg

Ooooo a light-up Castle! And the rest are what they call Plush Badges. "The Dog with the Key" is especially cute.

natsu-matsuri-2018.jpeg.ec1f0661a13e30183e2409b21cdc97cb.jpeg

...along with all the Natsu Matsuri plush badges available now, as well.

What I'm more curious about is what will happen to Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland once this area opens... It would be redundant to have this ride and two more rides in Tokyo DisneySea.

You mean like how Midway Mania makes Astro Blasters redundant? Or the Star Wars lands and Star Tours? Multiple attractions based on one franchise have co-existed in different parks at the same resort for YEARS now. Why would this be any different?

I do agree that there can easily be two Pan attractions. It's just the description of the new ride in TDS, does sound very similar to the ride in TDL, but they can easily both exist. But I am going to guess that the TDL one is replaced with a totally new ride/theme. And honestly, I hope it is.

^ The main difference I see between two PP attractions, if there's one in each park, is the storylines:

In TDL you ride your own ship and follow along with Peter and Tink as they rescue all the Darling kids.

(proposed) In TDS you ride in a boat down a river (that's what the description called it) and

everybody helps Peter and Tink and the Lost Boys rescue John Darling. (w/a SPOILER left out)

And that's it, all technology aside.

P.S. If they do close the original PP before/after this new one opens, there's a good chance they may still replace

it with the (proposed) new Mary Poppins ride, the first of which is heading to EPCOT and the UK pavilion.

Somebody has recently posted information about the attractions being created for the new "Port" in Disney Sea:

Some new info on the DisneySea expansion rides:

Frozen - 95,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride

Tangled - 38,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride

Peter Pan - 82,100 sq.ft - Motion-base Ride

Tinkerbell - 5,800 sq.ft - Trackless Ride

For comparison, Sinbad is 60,000 and Hunny Hunt is 50,000

They also post that the Tink attraction will be like Aquatopia and/or Luigi's Roadsters (DCA).

I thought Sleepy Hollow was just a Character Meet, not with a ride attraction, too. Surprise!

This was also a translation from a Japanese news source. So.....? Anyone else read anything like this?

Somebody has recently posted information about the attractions being created for the new "Port" in Disney Sea:

Some new info on the DisneySea expansion rides:

Frozen - 95,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride

Tangled - 38,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride

Peter Pan - 82,100 sq.ft - Motion-base Ride

Tinkerbell - 5,800 sq.ft - Trackless Ride

For comparison, Sinbad is 60,000 and Hunny Hunt is 50,000

They also post that the Tink attraction will be like Aquatopia and/or Luigi's Roadsters (DCA).

I thought Sleepy Hollow was just a Character Meet, not with a ride attraction, too. Surprise!

This was also a translation from a Japanese news source. So.....? Anyone else read anything like this?

That sounds really promising! Still quite a bit of mystery with the Peter Pan ride tech. And it looks like Tangled will be the same size as Frozen Ever After at Epcot according to those figures. I was hoping for something a bit grander (doing justice to the lantern scene in the film) but it could still be a nice E-ticket even with a smaller scale than the other two headliners.

^ Since it's Tokyo Disney, I'm sure the tech and design for the new Pan ride will blow the old Pan ride "out of the water" so to speak.

And "motion-base ride" to me, means like the Indiana Jones bases for the "transport vehicles" in DL and TDL.

It could be like that. Or something totally awesome-ly new!

p.s. And in the main concept art (Page 161) Pixie Hollow is definitely between the new hotel and the Pirate Ship/lagoon, there. BTW, it'd be great of it was like a "dry Aquatopia" with a lot of themeing to go through. Giant leaves to ride in! Just an idea here.

DryAutopiaTDS.jpg.8b002276bc5d70bc664ba0ff76f43577.jpg

Pixie Hollow Attraction = Imagine this, riding in giant leaves and/or flowers (possible?),

traveling through the green-and-themed Hollow. I can!

disneysea-expansion-peter-pan-800x452a.png.e65f4ca5ba20ea8eb5f34a4b570307d1.png

Where the Pixie Hollow ride is going.

Edited by Nrthwnd

~ Summer Construction In The Parks ~

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a few new photos of current construction going on in the parks.

Thanks TDRexplorer for the photos!

fantasyland-expansion13.jpg.2dcea2cfe94399cbbaa754f0ca2f4241.jpg

TDL Photos taken from the monorail.

fantasyland-expansion14.jpg.c747af1f4d167d4d9460e2972cd86e75.jpg

The theatre for live shows.

fantasyland-expansion15.jpg.2b82f0efc2b0094156305b4e50bb2485.jpg

The show building for the Beauty & The Beast attraction. (o:

Soarin13.thumb.jpg.42697222664c1642c614449672a2d627.jpg

In TDS ~ Soarin'

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5.thumb.jpg.b54271df4d933c0ac6cfd0f17f0b1e9b.jpg

Parking Lot 5 ~ Behind Raging Spirits and Indiana Jones ~ Where the TDS 2022 Expansion is to be.

• 1 month later...

http://www.tdrexplorer.com has just posted that the 2022 Expansion to DisneySea has started...

"Construction of this expansion at Tokyo DisneySea has begun and we’re in for a long

4 years of construction at Tokyo DisneySea. The expansion is going behind the Park

and taking out part of the current parking lot.

We’ll update this post with photos every few months or when there is major progress on the construction.

It’s an exciting time at Tokyo Disney Resort and a lot of changes are coming in the next few years."

And in looking at that photo below, I still BlueSky think they're going to put some kind of connecting

pathway/transport between the two parks through the two new lands being built there. And treat it like how it's done at

Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Lands.... you'll need a Parkhopper Pass (3rd and/or 4th day) to use the route/system.

I also noted...the locals really love their themed restaurants in the Resort!

Three new ones, plus two for the hotel! Plus whatever is being adding to Beauty/Beast Land.

tds_2022.jpg.ffbe7ffe921aa9ab0e2715202f5c12f1.jpg

Thank you TDR, for this great page on the DisneySea (and the other) projects! (o:

disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5a.jpg.e81beea0e676f042834dfb9af60a21d0.jpg

Clearing behind Bayside (Monorail) Station. This could be the start of the new hotel. Or not. (o; Thank you TDR for the pic.

• 1 month later...

Don't you just love Tokyo Disney Resort?

Subject to change of course, but http://www.tdrexplorer.com has just posted

the released 2019 Events/Openings Schedule for both parks, including shared Holidays.

And I want to spend every Event and Season, there.

event-schedule2019.thumb.jpg.8e119575eb2624323d6fb6c50436fc9b.jpg

For anyone who wants to plan (over) a year in advance. (o; Thanks TDR for posting it!

Soarin.jpg.14741219853620c97e8496514323f56b.jpg

New artwork of the "Soaring ~ Fantastic Flight" building, posted at tdrexplorer.com too. And yes, they've put the 'g' back, in this Soarin'. (o;

soaring-tokyo-disneysea.png.bb68d617e3e04e1779d4987c71286481.png

• 3 weeks later...

Two photos I found, of construction on the Beauty/Beast attraction.

And one photo on how SOARING's show building is coming along.

Posted on a site called The Oriental Land Company. Do not know if it's

official, or not. But thanks to "Yu and others" who took them.

Also, it looks like the new hotel is being built first in TDS. Then it will

block seeing any/most of the construction for the rest of Magic Springs.

fantasyland-expansion17.png.85b35b97c25f00bc6da0919937530895.png

The Beauty & The Beast attraction show building, rising behind Toontown.

fantasyland-expansion18.png.f62fb31c7aea4c005e4a56e53725c20c.png

The start of The Beast's Castle.

Soarin15.png.de4d198d63d522f6e802b4a6f9368b4d.png

A recent construction shot of SOARING in Disney Sea.

Yeah the facade for Soarin has been slowly coming up the past 2 months. I'll take some pics when I go this weekend.

For now here's some pics of my personal favorite Halloween decorations, on the Omnibus!

BB6F3090-A22D-4592-91E3-3BE5429D7884.thumb.jpeg.8da9f22d1e5c06334ffe46f9d8473476.jpeg

Beautiful fall colors

CE85F520-DF95-4EE7-910C-2EB1F725ECBC.thumb.jpeg.7622fd2ad617c55b817bd6bf270ffe3f.jpeg

Our bus driver is looking a bit pale!

192476A4-6B7C-479E-818B-D81F27216FE0.thumb.jpeg.8d6a74d989bb7946b2ea7a0c9713721b.jpeg

I can't take this cuteness!!

But by far the best part of Halloween at Tokyo Disney is all of the incredible costumes the guests make and wear to the park, if y'all are interested I'll post some of my favorites!

^ Well, here's two I'm pretty sure you guys won't copy.

Myself, Peter and Mike ran into these two in the entry queue at IAsW...

G_03ItsASmallWorld_TDL.jpg.508ca30f5d248a96468811e0be5aee5f.jpg

Well done, these two young women! And I look just - plain - creepy! TPR 2007 Japan Tour.

And here's another pair we ran into, David and I, during our visit there in 2013.

Great costumes for the times, and they were obviously enjoying "the look", lol.

162848319_ResizeofIMG_2686.JPG.6ec56f8249a85cf362dc36c51269fe78.JPG

In the Queen of Hearts Ballroom Restaurant queue. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.