Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby p-sychiatrist » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 am

Nrthwnd wrote:
wmay wrote:How does Tangled/Rapunzel fit into the whole Sea concept?

Well, apparently the "back story" of all of this, rests with a Magic Springs suddenly opening up out of the ground,
turning into a waterway, which fills various other waterways-to-be, etc. I thought it might be a runoff river from
the main waterway around TDS. It still might. And the public entry/exit pathway of this, appears to only be between
Raging Spirits and the Magic Carpets attraction. And for those who stay at the new hotel, too.

Plans can change of course, but that's the best connect I can give you, for now. It could have been called DisneyWaters, right? :wink:

P.S. Anybody notice, like I did, that this is a rather big number of "boat rides" opening, all at once? Just curious about this, and each ride's use.

Honestly when you look into it Arabian Coast is 99% Agrahbah from Aladdin which isn't exactly a coastal city, and the only ride in that land that fits the sea theme is Sindbad. I like the backstory they've provided, it already makes far more sense than Toyville Trolley Park in American Waterfront! And with Neverland the sea is very prominent (y'know all dem pirates and stuff), maybe less with Frozen/Tangled but we're getting 3 BOAT RIDES. TDR doesn't play around with boat rides they got the best Splash Mountain, the best Small World, Pirates with all the original scenes (yes they still wants the redhead and chase the women), and SINDBAD THE GOAT. DisneySea + boat rides is a big deal!!!! Also DisneySea ironically needs a flume/shute the choots and Frozen could fill that void!
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 am

You guys....the Pan Boat ride will likely NOT be a boat ride. Though, you're in a Boat Gondola, it's flying. It basically sounds like a different/updated version of the current ride at the park. So, it's really only two boat rides. And, I'd guess Frozen will be the thrilling one, and Tangled will be the Gentle one.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:00 am

I updated the announcement post with a newly-released piece of concept art overlooking the entire expansion from the top of the new hotel. This new port looks gorgeous! :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:51 am

The Peter Pan one is interesting because of the line "3D imagery". Sets + screens? Their take on Universal's screen rides? Pixie Hollow sounds like a walk thought / meet and greet. Frozen is interesting, maybe the thrill aspect of it is more in line with Splash Mt. than say POTC? One can hope.

And there is no doubt it will be physically stunning. That hotel though, pretty amazing exterior. Next level design there.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:35 pm

It would be very cool, if Disney could re-figure out (and refine) the tech below, so that the Peter Pan boats
would appear to be floating down a river, and then magically rising up above, and "into the sky" etc.
Possible I suppose. A lot of double track work, definitely. But no above-the-boat suspension rail, either. :wink:
FILE0284.jpg
Just an idea that sort of works for "flying". (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KPTSN » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Imagine what the morning rush at TDS will look like once this new port is open. It's going to be a very long sprint from the entrance gate. The guests coming in from the new hotel will probably be able to get several rides in before the regular guests start making their way into the very back of the park. :lmao:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 pm

^ And also everybody running to Soarin' when it opens, leaves some interesting first-attractions possibilities,
i.e ToT, Mania, Big Band Beat. Could drop a bit. Also make heading to the original back attractions and those
in Mysterious island a bit easier to get on, and get FastPasses, etc. :smile:
F_09OurFanGirls_TDS.jpg
Myself and our FanGurls on our First Ever Visit to TDS ~ TPR 2007 Japan Tour.
MikeFanGirlsTDS11_07_07.jpg
And this is Mike in the middle of..... Our Gurls. Now, where did Peter's photo with them, go to? Hmmm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KPTSN » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ And also everybody running to Soarin' when it opens, leaves some interesting first-attractions possibilities,
i.e ToT, Mania, Big Band Beat. Could drop a bit. Also make heading to the original back attractions and those
in Mysterious island a bit easier to get on, and get FastPasses, etc. :smile:

Soarin' lines are probably going to be a nightmare when it opens. Remember when Toy Story Mania first opened at TDS?

Last edited by KPTSN on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 pm

^ I also realized, with all the new stuff eventually opening, the massive crowds will head to the right side of each - park! :shockr:

Up through Tomorrowland and just a bit before Toontown to get to Beauty and Beast Land,
and the new Big Hero 6 attraction, and a brand new actual (not a cart)... Popcorn Shop (!) in TDL.

And with TDS, it's up the right side of the Harbor anyway for Soarin'. But beyond that, it's around and under the archway, over to Arabian Coast,
then to the Flying Carpets, and there's Magic Springs. (I'm calling it that, for now).

:mickey:
popcorn-shop2020a.jpg
PopCorn Shop!
popcorn-shop2020b.jpg
...With many popcorn flavours (I hope) and souvenir buckets available!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:45 pm

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted about the upcoming Summer Festival in TDL...

Tokyo Disneyland’s Disney Natsu Matsuri is inspired by Japan’s Summer Festival celebrations and is a great way to witness Japenese culture with a Disney twist.

At the center of the event is Sansui! Summer Beat, a colorful dance party featuring high tempo music, choreography, and Disney characters spraying water into the crowd. “Sansui” means “sparkling sun and water” and the show is true to its name, if you’re close to the action, you will get wet!

Sansui! Summer Beat features 100 performers in traditional Japanese dress. Including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Max, Chip, Dale, and Clarice.

The show will take place three times per day with five floats traveling along the parade route to the Plaza and Castle Forecourt for the main show.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disney-resort-summer-events-2018/#disneynatsumatsuri

Of course, there is merchandise and food/beverages to enjoy, especially created for the Sansui! Summer Beat.
sansui-summer-beat.jpg
Get too close and you will get WET! Photo from Disney.
natsu-matsuri-menu2018.jpg
Some of the food and beverages available during Natsu Masuri.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!