TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Control Panel Enthusiast Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's the control tower for Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I had permission to take the picture on my first day of training.

IMG_4899.JPG.ab2ddde959e013df1696a1527310521e.JPG

I would spend long hours here dispatching both sides, 5 trains, gotta keep that wait down!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's the moment you've all been waiting for....Superman Ultimate Flight at SFGAm!! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I apologize for not listing what the various buttons control as others have done - today was a rather long day at work.

The SMUF Clone at SFOG has a slightly different panel setup, mainly because of the dual loading platforms. The train controls are located on the secondary panels on the loading side of each platform. The secondary panels also have a dispatch button at the bottom right and an e-stop button at the top left.

The main panel has the touch screen in the middle, with 2 e-stop buttons at the top, on both sides of the screen - (and I still dont know why they needed 2) .There are 4 dispatch buttons (2 for each platform) positioned to where you have to use 2 hands to dispatch a train. The panel was modified after the 1st year as the dispatch buttons were considered 'unsafe' since one hand could be used to dispatch a train (one button per platforn was on the corresponding side of the panel, with the other technically right above it on the face of the panel). The modification moved the buttons to the top of the panel face.

I hope that made sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Mad Tea Party console from Tokyo Disneyland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5sbAMjg7E

and The Whirlpool from Tokyo DisneySea

Anyone can identify the manufacture of these buttons/switches used on these panels?

Ride STOP button on Mad Tea Party and E-STOP on Whirlpool is Allen Bradley made but I don't think other buttons are AB made

Please help me....

• 1 month later...

While it's not a real panel (yet), this is a preliminary version of the panel layout for the backyard coaster that I plan to build in the mid-to-distant future. Based off of the more recent Consign panels on B&M rides. While I may be a controls system engineer, I don't really have much say in the final designs, as that is usually up to the customer and the engineering manager. I have wanted to build a backyard coaster since I was a kid, and now that I have gained a lot of engineering experience (though not from any ride manufacturers), I am going all out on this project. Wont share much about it here, as it is not the correct thread, but will definitely share updates on the panel here!

478537442_PanelLayout.thumb.PNG.6c163d4f930afd2d807f83520aa7f4e3.PNG

Panel is a Saginaw SCE-464919SDC Operator Desk Console. Most Buttons are Eaton, but some will be AB (ie. Key Switches on left side). Touch Screen is an EZ Automation 10" display.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
While it's not a real panel (yet), this is a preliminary version of the panel layout for the backyard coaster that I plan to build in the mid-to-distant future. Based off of the more recent Consign panels on B&M rides. While I may be a controls system engineer, I don't really have much say in the final designs, as that is usually up to the customer and the engineering manager. I have wanted to build a backyard coaster since I was a kid, and now that I have gained a lot of engineering experience (though not from any ride manufacturers), I am going all out on this project. Wont share much about it here, as it is not the correct thread, but will definitely share updates on the panel here!

Looks good. Only thing you're missing is a 'Trouble' light/button.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this thread guys! Lets try to keep it alive even though there hasn't been many posts recently. My home park is SDC and there is only one control panel picture on this thread (Well somebody posted a Outlaw Run pic but it just a file name for me.) I'll try to get some but they probably won't be the best shots. One question I have is I've saw the word jog on the control panel a lot(mainly on TTD's) so I was wondering what that meant or does.

Edited by Darthyoda

One question I have is I've saw the word jog on the control panel a lot(mainly o TTD's) so I was wondering what that meant or does.

Usually it is to move a train around using the drive wheels. For example with TTD the transfer track is after the station. So when they take a train out of service they would jog it out of the station onto the transfer track. They could also in theory take a train from the transfer track and jog it back into the station. So in short it is to move trains around. Hopefully that answers your question.

Looks good. Only thing you're missing is a 'Trouble' light/button.

The function of the "Acknowledge" button is the same as a Trouble button, which is found on the older B&M Panels like Apollo's Chariot (The first ride I ever operated). Newer Consign panels (ie Fury 325 and Gatekeeper) and IOE Panels tend to have Acknowledge buttons, but in the end, they do the same thing: acknowledge/clear faults and silence alarms.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Now that I've seen this panel, I want to take a closer look at that screen. I love how the train status is displayed on the same screen as the train/track indicator. I remember operating SMUF at SFOG and having to go back to the main screen to see where the trains were.

• 4 weeks later...

I do realize that there is probably another (possibly) bigger control panel behind this one, but still.

This has to be the smallest control panel I've seen for a major coaster. And some nice theming on it ,too!

ControlPanelSteelVengeanceCP2018.jpg.35ca125f5b6a21355d811ffe9f55a16e.jpg

Photo from Invertalon's Media Day Coverage ~ Thanks!

^Yeah, that's just the platform dispatch button. Most coasters and a number of flats have them in addition to the main panel in the booth. Both the booth and the platform have a dispatch button that must be pressed in conjunction for the train to dispatch.

But yes, I do enjoy the graphic on it.