TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the most G-Force you have pulled?

Well for me, the hightest G-force is Flight Deck (CGA) which has over 5 Gs of force, particularly the helix over the lake. For me, the highest laterals is Pandemonium (SFDK) because those Wild Mouse turns kick you around. For acceleration, V2 (SFDK) has to have the fastest acceleration when it first starts. For negative-Gs, I really haven't experienced much because I live in CA. For a coaster, I had good floater on Roar (SFDK), though Delirium (CGA) has the most negative-Gs on a RIDE.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it probably wasn't the most G's I've pulled, but it sure felt like it. I was tubing this summer and my best friend got behind the wheel. He is kinda an [censored]. He put me in the whip and hit it so hard I felt like my arms were going to rip off. I caught a wave and lost the tube and rolled on the water for probably 50ft. I was very bruised the next day but is was fun and terrifying at the same time.

Edit: PSA, this is why you wear a life jacket.

Positive: I would say Tatsus prezelloop (Sfmm) , Stealth (Thorpe Park) direct after the launch or Batman: La Fuga (Parque Warner) between the first Loop and the Zero-G-Roll. It was the only coaster i ever blackouted for a few seconds

Negative: iSpeeds second hill was an insane experience for me Awesome Airtime!!

Lateral: Hmm.. Some wild mouses at the carnival fair.

Positive Gs: Hmmm... Maybe Goliath at SFMM? I couldn't even lift my arms on that ride. Though it's possible I've experienced higher G spikes and wasn't aware of it. I did gray out on Revolution and Viper, but that was before I was ane xperienced coaster rider.

Latreals: Might have to go with The Legend at Holiday World on this one, that thing squishes you sideways like a bug. Highest spike would have to be the Coney Island Cyclone

Negative G: I know that considering I've ridden Cyclops in the back seat you'd expect that to be the winner in this category, but I'd have to say the craziest airtןme I've ever experienced was the back seat of Tornado at Stricker's Grove at that sharp mid-track drop. That thing is INSANE, you really don't expect it from a coaster that small. Then again, some of the best airitme pops I've expereinced were from kiddie coasters. I think you can even hear me in one of the "rollercoasters in the raw" DVDs suddenly yelping out as the train crests that drop.

There are so many that produce heavy G's but:

Positive-The dive into the ravine on Mindbender at SFOG (surprised no one mentioned this-I ride it on a regular basis and this part always makes me grunt)

Negative-El Toro (the crossover part actually hurts)

Lateral-Definitely Legend (so laterally rough that I hate that ride and probably will never ride it again)

Vertical - definitely Magnum Force at Flamingoland, it hit about 6g in the first loop.

Lateral - Wild Mouse at the same park when one set of trims failed.

Airtime - The hills on Rita at Alton Towers do pretty well at sending me to space!

• 4 months later...

Positive: Robin: The Chiller in the Cobra Roll (I'm pretty sure it pulled 5g's, maybe my facts are rusty)

Negative: El Toro (Hill over Rolling Thunder)

Lateral: Wild Mouse, or maybe the final turn on Rolling Thunder that slams you into the right of the train.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what the total overall highest positive G-force I've experienced has been, but I'm sure the highest sustained G's must have surely been on Goliath at SFMM, and probably 2nd to that maybe Nitro at SF Great Adventure. After that perhaps a few of the Batman clones and Flight Deck at CGA. One other type of ride that produced surprisingly high positive G's (probably not as high overall as on many coasters but it sure seemed like it probably due to the rider position) are those "sky coasters" - I could really feel my body being pressed really hard into the sling at the bottom of the curve. These were only the 200 ft high ones or less, so I'd imagine the huge one in Florida could really pull some serious positives at the bottom of the arc.

For woodies, the Voyage and the Beast I recall pulling some pretty strong positives as well, and the Legend probably has the most lateral action of any coaster I've ridden on, 2nded only by some of the more aggressive wild mice here and there for steel coasters.

As for negatives, some that come to mind are El Toro, Phantom's Revenge, Magnum, and some of the B&M hypers (though not usually jerk you out of your seat airtime, just lots of less aggressive float time). What few drop towers I've been on have some really strong negatives as well.

But for sustained negatives I'd have to give it to both S:TE at SFMM and TTD at CP for the longest uninterrupted periods of negative G's, based on what I've ridden.

Also, some of the flats like Maxair and the S&S swings have some good pops and periods of negative G's.

Was also in a car accident several years ago that totaled my car (I t-boned a stop sign runner and turned the whole front of my car into an accordion, was going maybe 20 mph at the time of impact) and got some pretty good whiplash there but I swear the whiplash I got on SOB and Drachenfire were worse!

Positive G-forces: I don't know the exact numbers, but I have nearly greyed out on Lazer, Tatsu's pretzel loop, and Nitro

Negative G-forces: Skyrush, absolutely no doubt about it

Lateral G-forces: I don't particularly pay attention to these, but if I had to guess, Coney Island Cyclone's first turn after the drop (circa 2007)

Positive - Zonga @ 6+ Gs

Negative - Probably Maverick has the most ejector. TTD longest sustained

Lateral - Probably not the most, but The Beast's double helix left the biggest impression on me. I305's transitions give a good jolt too.

Positive- I305. Not the "highest" amount of Gs, just the most sustained and it's something else.

Negative- Fahrenheit's final bunny hop near the end.

Lateral- Teacups type ride at NASCAR Speedpark in Myrtle Beach. They almost threw my sister out of the car... cup... thing.

My E Ticket ride for most awesome positive +Gx was being shot off the deck of several aircraft carriers... Nothing like 0 to 160 in 2 seconds! Oh, and a ride in the back seat of an F16 was a hoot from all axis.

For coasters it seems to me that FlightDeck at CGA has the best positive Gz in the coaster world for me. Allbeit quick, FlightDeck seems to cause bigger grayouts on my body if i don't grunt and squeeze so it takes the #1 spot in my book. While SFMM Goliath has a great sustained force I don't seem to have to react as much to it.

Fun facts in Physics - In the avaiation world G Force is described as:

Gx = Front to back +Gx is from the chest pushing you back into the seat. -Gx is back to front.

Gy = Lateral Side to side across the shoulders. There is no +/- rating of Gy

Gz = Vertical Axis - head to feet. +Gz is head to foot. -Gz is foot to head.

Positive G's: The final helix of death on Euro Mir.

Negative G's: Blue Fire's heartline twist. The roll is designed in such a way that if you're sitting on the right side of the train, your seat is YANKED out from underneath you, producing some extreme ejector air.

Laterals: Giant Dipper (SCBB) and its fan turns. The one over the station in the back seat is wicked, as it just PINS you to the side. The one after the first drop and the one underneath it are violent in the front seat, and I could honestly use a little thicker padding on the sides of the Morgan trains. Despite how smooth it is as a woodie, it can be a bit of a rib-cracker!