Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 am

chickenbowl wrote:https://www.facebook.com/Parkz.AU/videos/10154869160061616/

TESTING!

That looks fantastic! First test runs can often be a bit on the slow side, but that seems to carry a lot of speed all to the way through to the end already on the first run! I'm happy for the Australian people, you lot are not exactly spoiled when it comes to rollercoasters. :)

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby stellaclose » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:21 am

Movie World have posted their first run video. https://www.facebook.com/movieworldgoldcoast/videos/10155204302852182/

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:12 am

^Great! The first drop looks amazing (a bit like expedition GeForce) and overall looks very "complete" and pretty fast, as soma have said, for the first runs.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby petestrash » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:38 am

dc1.PNG
The rear 2 seats face backwards.
dc2.PNG
The rear 2 seats face backwards.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 am

I won't lie, the rearmost car looks odd since it's long enough for 2 rows but it just has one row in the middle of it?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 am

No it's not long enough for two rows. The nose isn't a zero-car (separate bogie) like in the front, so it takes up some space.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Sneaky » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Indeed. The undercarriage of the last car is the same as all the other cars (and in the same direction). The seats are connected at the point where the first row of the car is connected and the "nose" at the point where (normally) the second row of seats are.
I think that way Mack didn't really need to develop anything new, but just use existing parts, except maybe the extra nose.

This coaster seems to really fly through its course! :airtime:
I would love to see some more of these big Macks around the world! :b

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DoubleDown » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:52 am

Okay so before I saw that video on Facebook by Warner Bros Movie World posted on here, I saw a video of the rides cycle on YouTube by someone outside the park, off-ride, and while Warner Bros Movie World had cuts to make the train *appear* to fly through the track, the video I saw showed the train going slightly slower. So I'm not sure if it's the angles or some kind of editing on the Facebook video by WBMW, but comparing the two cycles, they look *significantly* different. I'm not sure the train goes through the track as fast as the park made it look. I may be wrong, just mentioning that to ya'll.

KingRCT3 wrote:No it's not long enough for two rows. The nose isn't a zero-car (separate bogie) like in the front, so it takes up some space.

Your response is correct, but how it's written is a bit confusing, so I'd like to contribute to your post to maybe make it easier to understand what you're saying.

That car in the very back is most certainly long enough for 2 rows, as it's the exact same dimensions of every car before it which holds 2 rows. I think the issue is (1) the space between the front facing seats in row 10 and the backwards facing seats in row 11, as you can see, are *angled* towards each other, so they wanted to make sure there was clearance between the seats and (2) if they had 2 rows of cars in that backseat, there would be nothing in front of that very last row. So it would be extremely dangerous for guests getting in and out of that back row as that rear "nose" would not be there. However, an additional "zero" car added with a nose like the front to make sure guests didn't risk falling forward onto the track would not have been that much of a discrepancy in the rides performance IMHO.

However, barring that clearance issue I stated in (1) (which may not even be an issue) as I see that back seat being the most desired seat on the train for an insane experience, it might have behooved them to have 4 seats facing backwards at the end of the train, and adding an additional "zero" train to the back could have worked.

Most the time putting those 2 seats in the back row wouldn't be an issue, because of the direction they're facing. But in this case, with those rear facing seats it is.

I will say, however, those very back seats in the back row are going to be an EXTREME experience for the folks that ride this. I'm almost pretty sure by just looking at the ride, it would probably make me nauseous. Either way this is looking to be a fantastic roller coaster.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:46 am

DoubleDown wrote:(2) if they had 2 rows of cars in that backseat, there would be nothing in front of that very last row. So it would be extremely dangerous for guests getting in and out of that back row as that rear "nose" would not be there

What also might be a reason is that in case of a collision, there is still a "buffer zone" between the backwards facing riders and the other train. This was not the case with the backwards facing cars on The Swarm, so after The Smiler incident they turned it back into its normal position.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:06 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Okay so before I saw that video on Facebook by Warner Bros Movie World posted on here, I saw a video of the rides cycle on YouTube by someone outside the park, off-ride, and while Warner Bros Movie World had cuts to make the train *appear* to fly through the track, the video I saw showed the train going slightly slower. So I'm not sure if it's the angles or some kind of editing on the Facebook video by WBMW, but comparing the two cycles, they look *significantly* different. I'm not sure the train goes through the track as fast as the park made it look. I may be wrong, just mentioning that to ya'll.

The park didn't do anything to make the ride look faster. Almost every new coaster always looks faster in the initial test runs. This is due to the fact the train usually runs with a harder set of wheels to reduce the friction to lessen the chance of the train not completing the course. They also usually turn off the any trims that might be present as well. Once they switch over to the softer wheels and turn the trims on (if there is any), the ride will then start to run at the speed is was designed to run at it, which is probably what happened in the video you saw.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!