Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby cymonster-rex » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:09 pm

So doomsday destroyer is down for maintenance again I was at the park Sunday and they were testing it, And i was told it doesn't open til Feb. Whats going on with the ride seems closed a lot. Also the Arkham Asylum was stuck on the lift hill now every media page is running with and many people are now talking about how unsafe the gold coast parks are.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 am

cymonster-rex wrote:
TOPGUN1993 wrote:Interesting all the indoor scooby themeing has been removed, hopefully the spooky coaster will return better then before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q96Y3r6QG4

4:40

Was just at the park yesterday. The coaster was bare and the only things you could see other then darkness was the guard-rails around the track. The ride was shockingly bad without the theming. Just pure boredom. I understand maintenance has to be done. But to rip the theming out in the school holiday confuses me. Maybe a re-theming coming?

VR Maybe? Also odd cause there's a new Scooby Doo movie coming out.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:17 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
cymonster-rex wrote:
TOPGUN1993 wrote:Interesting all the indoor scooby themeing has been removed, hopefully the spooky coaster will return better then before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q96Y3r6QG4

4:40

Was just at the park yesterday. The coaster was bare and the only things you could see other then darkness was the guard-rails around the track. The ride was shockingly bad without the theming. Just pure boredom. I understand maintenance has to be done. But to rip the theming out in the school holiday confuses me. Maybe a re-theming coming?

VR Maybe? Also odd cause there's a new Scooby Doo movie coming out.

Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it. VR on a wild mouse would also set a record low capacity..

I'm really hoping the ride is just getting a touch up. The lengthy ride is just pure fun. Really sad to see them running it empty without any notice to the GP.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it.

You say that sarcastically, but don't be surprised if that's what actually starts happening in a few years.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby cymonster-rex » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:36 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:

Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it. VR on a wild mouse would also set a record low capacity..

I'm really hoping the ride is just getting a touch up. The lengthy ride is just pure fun. Really sad to see them running it empty without any notice to the GP.

They are the same park that brought only one train for their SLC, Now the wait time sucks. So it wouldnt surprise me if they do it.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcgoldcoast » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

^ No, the SLC opened with two trains - a blue and a red. Over the years, the two trains were butchered together to make one 'purple' train.

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 pm

cfc wrote:^Yes, it's too bad those plans didn't work out. I like Movie World quite a bit--especially Superman Escape.

Was the old ride supposed to be like a windseeker 2.0 type ride?
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

Postby cymonster-rex » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:18 pm

jcgoldcoast wrote:^ No, the SLC opened with two trains - a blue and a red. Over the years, the two trains were butchered together to make one 'purple' train.

Doesn't arkham asylum only have one train of the new style?

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Colse35 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:15 am

cymonster-rex wrote:
jcgoldcoast wrote:^ No, the SLC opened with two trains - a blue and a red. Over the years, the two trains were butchered together to make one 'purple' train.

Doesn't arkham asylum only have one train of the new style?

Yeah, Arkham has only one KumbaK train.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcgoldcoast » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

The Kumbak trains use the original Vekoma bogies - as the park only had one complete set of bogies, they were only able to get one 'new' train.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!