TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

I'm a bit confused by the $10 upcharge for the backward facing seats.

Do they literally take payment at the gate of the ride? Or do you pay for it at the admission gate? Is it "per ride" or do you get a pass for the day?

That being said, the ride itself looks phenomenal.

The theming of the queue is meh for me, looks a little too Six Flagsish. But hey, for me, if the ride itself kicks A$$, I always look past it. Minimal shade too. WOULD IT KILL THEM TO PUT UP SOME SHADE!???!

You buy a wristband from either the park's photo booth or out the front of the ride to ride backwards, they give you a time slot to show up in and you ride it then. It's only valid for one ride.

There are poles set up in the queue, so I'm sure shade isn't too far off.

• 11 months later...

With DC Rivals Hyper Coaster being open for just over a year it has entered its first extended maintinance period. However it seems to be some major working happen to a ride that is only just 1 year old. Photo credit to Gold Coast Theme Parks.

39883024_1933439196716112_7112840539417870336_n.jpg.ff9e53ccb37bcb74f57c567bdcc6349d.jpg

So 3 pieces of track from the Air time hill have been removed.

39927844_1933433790049986_5219702389375762432_n.jpg.e204fc3dd3ab6e5309719b0c5623ccef.jpg

39891259_1933433753383323_451253547862851584_n.jpg.f0088c04381a8e856385bc06cbdf5f94.jpg

Seems odd for a ride thats been only opened a month.

So I can only think that it could be excessive forces and they're reprofiling (which is odd, as you'd think they would just trim it), excessive vibration and they're replacing the track, or they have found problems with the standard of manufacture/construction and are fixing it. Any locals have any better ideas? Was this part of the ride really THAT forceful? Or had any uncomfortable forces? It's all a bit odd to see such drastic maintenance a year after opening.

So I can only think that it could be excessive forces and they're reprofiling (which is odd, as you'd think they would just trim it), excessive vibration and they're replacing the track, or they have found problems with the standard of manufacture/construction and are fixing it. Any locals have any better ideas? Was this part of the ride really THAT forceful? Or had any uncomfortable forces? It's all a bit odd to see such drastic maintenance a year after opening.

I'm sure it's a combination of everything you just listed. I can't really think of any other reason this much track would be replaced after only a year of operation. Just like Chuck said, this does remind me of what happened with I305.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I know I'm like 4 months from the last post but I found this as to why they removed those track sections.

After a very successful first season of operation and as part of Village Roadshow Theme Park’s Technical Services and Mack Rides Engineering process of continuous improvement, some minor track adjustments have been identified to further improve what is Australia’s best and smoothest rollercoaster experience. This is currently underway and you can look forward to experiencing the ride again on 17th September.

https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2018/08/24/620-Track_comes_down_from_DC_Rivals_HyperCoaster_during_annual_maintenance.html

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Warner Bros. Movie World has announced that they will be opening a land themed to the Wizard of Oz in 2024, with three new roller coasters!

image.thumb.png.1a576aa950357e1260191c4694f76dc6.png

https://movieworld.com.au/attractions/wizard-of-oz

Prepare to Journey Over the Rainbow with a world-first Wizard of Oz precinct including two new family-friendly rides coming to Warner Bros. Movie World in 2024. Featuring a suspended coaster, a boomerang racer and immersive theming, the Wizard of Oz precinct will be designed to thrill the entire family. Experience thematic elements including projection mapping, stunning sculptures and facades as you travel along the yellow brick road.

• World-first Wizard of Oz Precinct coming to Warner Bros. Movie World in 2024
  • Two new family-friendly rides
  • Suspended Family Coaster: 454 metre long track, 19 metres high and max speed of 67km/h
  • Family Boomerang Racer: Two racing tracks of 225 and 220 metres long, 22 metres high and max speed of 58km/h
  • High capacity attractions with low height and age restrictions to provide more family experiences
  • Multi-million-dollar immersive precinct
  • Like 1

What great addition. It's kind of nice to see an IP used in 2022 that's not the standard tentpoles we're used to these days.

Also these Vekoma family boomerangs looks so perfect that it amazes me one hasn't been built in America yet. One of those would be a great addition to pretty much any park but we still haven't gotten one stateside.