TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planned but Cancelled

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Great America was going to build a Mr. Freeze clone, but due to all the problems from the rides at SFSTL and SFoT, Camp Cartoon was built on the site instead.

Also at Six Flags Great America, there were plans to build an entertainment area featuring hotels, retail, a water park, and possibly corporate offices across the Tri-State Tollway. I've heard that the reason this was never built was due to the park not getting permission to link the entertainment district to the main park and/or Six Flags would have had to pay for road improvements in the area.

Six Flags Great America was going to build a Mr. Freeze clone, but due to all the problems from the rides at SFSTL and SFoT, Camp Cartoon was built on the site instead.

Hmm, I've had a differen't story about that. I've read that SFGAm was originally going to get a Mr. Freeze clone, but they couldnt get permission to built it in that spot, so, Mr. Freeze was sent to SFSTL, and Raging Bull wich was planned for SFSTL, was brought to GAm instead. SFSTL even started making RB merch..

Link

On the topic of Great America, lets not forgot the whole Chang saga...

I guess you can't bring up lost Disney attractions without also bringing up Disney's America

http://virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com/campaign-for-disneys-america/

Most of those e-ticket concepts eventually found their way to California's Adventure (California Screamin, Soarin, Grizzly River Rapids, etc).

As far as lost rides, Six Flags America was going to build a Huss Top spin where their Skycoaster currently is. Plans were submitted and parts were even at the park (sitting next to Joker's Jinx). Skycoaster was still going to be built, just more or less where the entrance to Whistle Stop park is now. Nonetheless, they changed plans, moved Skycoaster to where it sits today and moved the Top Spin to Darien Lake. You can still find the plans if you look through the PG County planning archives and on one or two old POVs of Joker's Jinx you can see the top spin parts when the train comes into the brake run (they were painted to look like wood... look up pics of Darien Lake's to see what I mean).

Several rides were planned for CGA and cancelled at the last minute. Including a huge GCI, Thrust Air 2000, Morgan hyper, Intamin hyper. That park has no luck, and hasn't for over a decade.

It goes back further than that CGA was also supposed to get a Hurler at one point as well