Goodbye to Speed: The Ride at the Sahara (Vegas)?

P. 19 - Pictures of ride removal
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Goodbye to Speed: The Ride at the Sahara (Vegas)?

Postby G-Force! » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 pm

After riding Speed just before it closed, I thought I'd never get the chance to ride it again. However, it looks like I may have that opportunity again, but it being just slightly modified. I thought it was a good coaster with two good launches, but lets hope the OTSR's are changed to a softer material or eliminated altogether.

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 am

Well if speed is getting a new life and some modifications I think even though it is steel Desperado could use the rocky mountain treatment :b

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:02 am

Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but I wouldn't hold my breath. How many times did we hear that the Star Trek Experience was going to re-open? I think the key word in all of that, is "eventually" to be re-located. Seriously, plans in Las Vegas change faster than any other resort destination in the world. I wouldn't put much weight in the ride re-opening until you actually see it going up. And even then, how many times have we seen something be constructed in Las Vegas only to never open? Hi, Harmon Tower, how's it going?

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 am

Well yes you do have a god point there If it were being rebuilt as is I would be a bit more optimistic however I can see the modifications and the cash needed to make them killing this project before it ever breaks ground sadly , hopefully if this does happen they will be smart enough to attempt to sell it and not let rust away in a field

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 am

XYZ wrote:This is exciting news, but it does look odd in a shopping center. Also, it's hilarous with Speed & McDonald's, I'm sure Elissa is salivating when looking at the picture.

Fastest drive through ever!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:16 am

robbalvey wrote:I wouldn't put much weight in the ride re-opening until you actually see it going up. And even then, how many times have we seen something be constructed in Las Vegas only to never open? Hi, Harmon Tower, how's it going?

In all fairness the Harmon tower has a major structural flaw, not that they couldn't finish it or ran out of money, it simply didn't pass inspection and now must be torn down.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:17 am

^Well that's embarrassing.

Hopefully they do rebuild this and get it back open so I can get the credit whenever I finally visit Vegas.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 am

chadster wrote:
robbalvey wrote:I wouldn't put much weight in the ride re-opening until you actually see it going up. And even then, how many times have we seen something be constructed in Las Vegas only to never open? Hi, Harmon Tower, how's it going?

In all fairness the Harmon tower has a major structural flaw, not that they couldn't finish it or ran out of money, it simply didn't pass inspection and now must be torn down.

But at least they didn't run out of money. They just didn't spend it very wisely. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 am.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:28 am

^I agree, 1000%

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 am

Hopefully the ride does get relocated, at least they aren't giving it the "Flashback" treatment. ;)

Plus they are doing that Ferris Wheel there, so it makes sense that another attraction could work there.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!