Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:22 pm

SFDK sent out an email today that ERT on harley quinn crazy coaster will be this Monday, July 30.

10:30 - 1 pm Diamond and Diamond Elite Only

1 - 2:30 Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Elite

2:30 - 6 Members and Season Pass Holders

6 pm - all guests

bring your membership or pass card

"While unlikely, as with all new attractions, unexpected delays may affect attraction availability; we appreciate your patience."

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby VegasBaby » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:41 am

Nice to see that they are finally opening this thing. I’m really interested to hear what the ride experience is like and whether it feels more like a coaster or a super loop. It looks like it would be a fun ride, so I am cautiously optimistic about it.
Coaster Count: 202 Last Coaster: El Toro
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Sven20 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:22 am

This is really ridiculous a ride is opening for the season with 2 weeks of full operation hours left. The week of Aug 13 they cut back to 6pm close for a week and then are weekends only thru the fall. It's essentially like getting nothing for 2018 for the majority of the peak season to draw people in to the new "shiny thing".

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:24 am

Sven20 wrote:This is really ridiculous a ride is opening for the season with 2 weeks of full operation hours left. The week of Aug 13 they cut back to 6pm close for a week and then are weekends only thru the fall. It's essentially like getting nothing for 2018 for the majority of the peak season to draw people in to the new "shiny thing".

Don't blame the park, this ride was a prototype for a smaller company and it has been having many issues that skyline has been working in. I bet the park and Skyline are both annoyed by all the issues.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Sven20 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:45 am

DropDeadFuzzy wrote:
Sven20 wrote:This is really ridiculous a ride is opening for the season with 2 weeks of full operation hours left. The week of Aug 13 they cut back to 6pm close for a week and then are weekends only thru the fall. It's essentially like getting nothing for 2018 for the majority of the peak season to draw people in to the new "shiny thing".

Don't blame the park, this ride was a prototype for a smaller company and it has been having many issues that skyline has been working in. I bet the park and Skyline are both annoyed by all the issues.

SFDK is partly to blame. As of the first week of June they were still pouring concrete and not close to being ready for completion or testing. They had no intention of opening the ride till late June at best or early July. The issues with Skyline were later on. The construction was purposely started late, which is SF plan to have nothing ready early in the season and if you're lucky memorial day. More than 1/2 the parks didn't open rides till the middle of June and several not till July.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:23 am

I wonder if this late opening will affect the timeline of possible future attractions next year. We've gotten thrill rides the last three years so I'd be surprised if they got another one next year. Even a family ride could take some time to plan and build. Maybe they'll opt for a show next year? Or a waterpark addition and market it as a park addition. I'd love to see more animal exhibits especially since many of the park's animals are starting to die from old age, but I would be surprised if they did with the continuing scrutiny of aquatic parks and zoos.

I guess we'll see. Isn't the Six Flags announcement usually in August?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I wonder if this late opening will affect the timeline of possible future attractions next year. We've gotten thrill rides the last three years so I'd be surprised if they got another one next year. Even a family ride could take some time to plan and build. Maybe they'll opt for a show next year? Or a waterpark addition and market it as a park addition. I'd love to see more animal exhibits especially since many of the park's animals are starting to die from old age, but I would be surprised if they did with the continuing scrutiny of aquatic parks and zoos.

I guess we'll see. Isn't the Six Flags announcement usually in August?

New additions are planned years in advance so I doubt next year is affected. I think the reason why they started construction was late because track and trains didn't show up until mid may and even then they had most of the footers in.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm

DropDeadFuzzy wrote:

The general public is going to blame the park regardless especially when SF as an whole is tight lipped when just about anything goes wrong or breaks down.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 am

For those interested.....
4DAC68A9-46E6-4417-B9AF-8318D40A6ABC.png
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 am

Id like to see the park fill in empty animal exhibits and show areas
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!