Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:35 am

And there's the Skywarp. I was wondering if the rumor was wrong watching the announcement video and then it appeared at the last park, SFDK.

I would have thought this would have been added to a park without a Larson Super Loop, but I don't think SFDK could have fit much else where this is located. You can tell from the video how shoehorned it is in there between Superman and the Go Karts.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 am

This looks like a great addition and it was totally unexpected. The park barely teased.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 am

This surprised me. This is probably the last park that I would have thought would be getting a sky warp. Looks fun!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:52 am

I have REALLY got to get myself up to this park before long! Hopefully late next year, when I'd like to plan to visit my brother in LA/hit up West Coast Bash/AND take a Bro Road Trip up the coast to CGA and SFDK! :b
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 am

Great addition, of all the announcements this one was truly surprising.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:28 am

Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 am

SharkTums wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

Pretty much solely because no one has seen a Skywarp previously in an amusement park. That's my guess.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:37 am

I personally think this is going to be a great ride! I'm sure other parks will be getting these in the years ahead. They're affordable and don't take up a lot of space.
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:24 am.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:48 am

larrygator wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

Pretty much solely because no one has seen a Skywarp previously in an amusement park. That's my guess.

I'm not really too excited by the Skywarp concept, but I'm also not hating on SFGAm's super loop - I'm actually really happy about it.

This just doesn't look like my cup of tea but I'd be willing to try it if I ever make it out to SFDK. It looks like fun but it's not the most exciting thing to me. NOW, that wing coaster super loop concept o the other hand!! :lover:

It's great to see that people like the announcement because I thought there wouldn't be much support behind it, especially at SFDK.

I really expected one of these this year, but I NEVER thought they would place one of these in a park with a Superloop already, EVER. I had figured that these would replace the Super loops completely as new additions and the other parks would just be SOL. :lol:
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:13 am

My reaction to this ride...

:roll: :elissa:

I wonder how bad the Dare Devil Chaos Coaster's ridership will suffer with this addition to the park.
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!