Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby defrocker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 am

zburns999 wrote:Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season.

I certainly get where you're coming for, but combined speed is how head-on collisions are measured. When passing the other train it'll give the illusion of 70mph, which is not a bad marketing pitch and kinda puts this in a different perspective (for me at least)

Not saying I don't see the gripe, just saying it isn't completely outlandish.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:45 am

In the end, it doesn't matter exactly which park the ride ended up in, because Skyline sold their first major attraction. Congrats to them, can't wait to see it built.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:27 am

I think the SkyWarp looks like a lot of fun and I'm excited to give it a try. It's nice to see SF putting another world's first ride at SFDK. The park got the first Sky Rocket II back in 2012 and now they are getting the first SkyWarp. I have to say that SF has done a great job with the additions at this park over the last 5-6 years and has really turned it into the premier park in NorCal. With the big plans that CF has in store for CGA, hopefully we'll continue to see big additions to SFDK.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Living_Dead » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:31 pm

On my last trip here, I told myself I don't feel like coming back. Even without riding V2, I didn't really feel any push to come back and I don't really know why. However, now I think I'm going to have to come back :lmao:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:08 pm

Definitely NOT where I would've envisioned a ride going. Clever use of space! Looks like the queue for Superman will need some adjusting, along with the big logo on the pathway.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Bubba » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 pm

SharkTums wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

My exact thoughts, especially if they are adding "coaster" onto everything. We already have a looper, V2, Superman, and Cobra for really short, forward & backward coaster experiences. Looks like a fun addition but between my two home parks in the Bay I'm going with Cedar Fair, as Trailblazer & Hangtime at Knotts looks awesome.

Edit: I meant Boomerang instead of Cobra
Last edited by Bubba on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:21 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:45 pm

New name for it.... Twisted Larson Loop! =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CanobieFan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Not a fan of calling it a "coaster"... but the ride looks pretty crazy and a lot of fun! It's very unique too, and I think it'll be better than some expect.
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm

So SFDK will have not one, but TWO rides mismarketed as coasters. Is that a record?

In spite of all the misleading marketing, I do like this addition. While it is not nearly as exciting as CGA's, this still looks like a very fun ride nonetheless. It has also been great for a park on the smaller side to see so many fun new rides in a fairly short amount of time. I love what both NorCal parks are doing.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 pm

In case anyone was wondering:
skywarp rmc.jpg
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!