Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Arrow rox my sox!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby zburns999 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:44 am

Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season. In retrospect, might as well have advertised Kingda Ka as "traveling at face-melting speeds of 256 mph!...when running two trains, if one were to combine the speed of said trains."

Still have yet to ride any of these newfangled, mass-produced Larson Loopers. Did one at the Jersey State Fair about ten years ago and it was ho-hum, from what I can remember. But hey, it's a new ride, so that's cool I guess.

The other Six Flags announcements look awesome, at least.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:46 am

I think we can all agree that this park needs to chill out on coasters for a bit. They've gotten 3 coasters in the past 5-6 years.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 am

zburns999 wrote:Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season. In retrospect, might as well have advertised Kingda Ka as "traveling at face-melting speeds of 256 mph!...when running two trains, if one were to combine the speed of said trains."

Still have yet to ride any of these newfangled, mass-produced Larson Loopers. Did one at the Jersey State Fair about ten years ago and it was ho-hum, from what I can remember. But hey, it's a new ride, so that's cool I guess.

The other Six Flags announcements look awesome, at least.

Totally forgot about that little gem, but that combined speed statistic is easily the most atrocious, blatant marketing hoax Six Flags could have ever contrived.

I don't know if I can put the faith into people to not actually believe the ride goes 70mph. Six Flags, you're embarrassing us! :lol: :lol:
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 am

zburns999 wrote:Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season. In retrospect, might as well have advertised Kingda Ka as "traveling at face-melting speeds of 256 mph!...when running two trains, if one were to combine the speed of said trains."

:nina:

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby joshfreund » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 am

Congratulations, you now have 2 super loops, LOL...replacing V2 with this crap!?

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 am

joshfreund wrote:Congratulations, you now have 2 super loops, LOL...replacing V2 with this crap!?

I have to admit Sky Warps look way cooler than Super Loops.
Roller Coasters provide a great escape from the depressing reality that is adulthood.
Top Coasters 1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. New Texas Giant 4. Millennium Force 5. Nitro
Top Parks 1. BGW 2. DW 3. CP 4. IOA 5. USF

"There's happiness......then there's El Toros Rolling Thunder Hill"

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:22 am

joshfreund wrote:Congratulations, you now have 2 super loops, LOL...replacing V2 with this crap!?

You can actually still see V2 in this screenshot. What on Earth are you talking about?
That coaster dad [273] and that coaster kiddo [154]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: El Toro. Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Thunderbolt (LP).

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby joshfreund » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 am

Ooh, you're right...i do see v2

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:25 am

V2 not going away is the best news about this addition.

I think most GP won't draw the connections between this and the Super Loop, and will go, "OMG new ride that looks completely different than anything I've ever seen!"

I was intrigued with this concept when I saw it showcased at IAPPA and I'm very pleased that they somehow managed to stuff another ride into that area seemingly without removing anything. Although I probably will not ride this too often (and I don't ride the Super Loops either), I am still pleased with this addition.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby scooterdoug » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:38 am

Interesting. While I'm admittedly underwhelmed with this announcement, it certainly looks more interesting than Dare Devil (I've only been on that twice, and I have no desire to ride it again). Once it opens, I could have similar feelings about it as I do towards Dare Devil, or I could end up enjoying it enough to ride it each visit. I'll just wait until I ride it to pass judgement. I was intrigued by it the first time I saw it showcased at IAAPA.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!