Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby singemfrc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 pm

I dont think theyre going to add a Disk-O. Free Fly seems to be the prevailing rumor that I've heard, hope it's true because I'd love to have one close and I think it would be a great fit. Would rather see the go karts removed if something has to be.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby JGuy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:57 pm

I'm placing my bets on a Free Spin, as well. I'll miss V2 if it is replaced by next year's attraction, but it's known for being temperamental, so I can't say I didn't see it coming.

singemfrc wrote:Would rather see the go karts removed if something has to be.

As unlikely as it is to happen in the next few years, I too would like to see a non-upcharge attraction take the spot of the Go-Karts.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm

I would really like to see a family attraction come to the park, but if it indeed is a Free Spin, at least we know it won't be themed to the Joker! To be honest, I'm fine with Six Flags cloning those rides (they are a lot of fun), but I'd love to see them get more creative with the theme (but this is Six Flags we're talking about, so I should be realistic with my expectations).

Being that SFDK doesn't have a Batman attraction, if they receive a Free Spin next year, I could definitely see them go with a Batman theme. We'll find out Thursday!
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby scooterdoug » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Can't say that I'd be surprised if V2 is indeed replaced. It's highly temperamental and rarely seems to have a line. I'd rather see Kong removed, but it seems to (inexplicably) get more ridership than V2. While I'll certainly miss V2 and it's one-of-a-kind-ness, I'd rather have a free spin. I'll be most surprised if we're indeed getting another coaster. I mean, we just got a significant installation two seasons ago. Seems pretty soon to me.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:34 pm

scooterdoug wrote:While I'll certainly miss V2 and it's one-of-a-kind-ness, I'd rather have a free spin.

Shun the non-believer! :wtf:

Getting rid of V2 will dramatically change the front gate area. I think it's awesome to be waiting at the front and have screaming riders flying above you. It has been down for extended periods of time, but I'm hoping there were other reasons behind that than unfixable problems with the coaster. Also, I'd like to see them add rides rather than remove any.

Crossing fingers. We shall see.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:37 pm

V2 is trash, a Free Spin is the perfect replacement.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Manic Monte » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Every Impulse coaster has been rumored to be removed by the park it's in. Too bad, because I love them, and V2 is my personal favorite!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Manic Monte wrote:Every Impulse coaster has been rumored to be removed by the park it's in. Too bad, because I love them, and V2 is my personal favorite!

V2 is a lot of fun and is a great front gate coaster. Plus, I love how it's different from the other Intamin Impulse coasters out there. It would be great to see the park get a Free Spin but I hope it's not at the expense of V2 getting removed.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby scooterdoug » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
scooterdoug wrote:While I'll certainly miss V2 and it's one-of-a-kind-ness, I'd rather have a free spin.

Shun the non-believer! :wtf:

Getting rid of V2 will dramatically change the front gate area. I think it's awesome to be waiting at the front and have screaming riders flying above you. It has been down for extended periods of time, but I'm hoping there were other reasons behind that than unfixable problems with the coaster. Also, I'd like to see them add rides rather than remove any.

Crossing fingers. We shall see.

I enjoy V2, but I simply had more fun on my 2 rides on Batman at SFFT than any of my rides on V2. It's a fun ride, but seeing as it feels like it's been closed more than it's been open the last couple of years, coupled with the fact that I've never seen it actually have a line, I suspect it could be on the chopping block.
The front gate area will undoubtably change, but S&S Free Spins have a certain amount of overhang as well. While it wouldn't extend nearly as far as V2, there could conceivably still be screaming people (somewhat) overhead while one waits to buy a ticket.
Yeah, I know you have a soft spot for V2. But, then again, you enjoy Kong as well. ;)
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:33 am

If they do remove V2 hopefully they send it to another park instead of scrapping it.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!