Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby cwf_777 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Since it hasn't really been brought up, what do think we'll be getting next year? This year seems really quiet in terms of rumors, which (coupled with the fact we've been going pretty good these last few years) means we probably won't be getting anything huge, but who knows?What do you guys think?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fuego » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:57 pm

cwf_777 wrote:Since it hasn't really been brought up, what do think we'll be getting next year? This year seems really quiet in terms of rumors, which (coupled with the fact we've been going pretty good these last few years) means we probably won't be getting anything huge, but who knows?What do you guys think?

Honestly it's either 2 things, a S&S FreeSpin or a kids land upgrade to DC Super Friends. The freespin is more unlikely but still possible. The DC Superfriends is more likely as they really need to focus on the kids again. If they do the Kids Land upgrade I hope they pull a SFOG and SFNE and and refurb their rough vekoma by giving it new trains and possibly repainting it. Kong's VR refurb is wearing off and it's back to being rougher again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 pm

^I agree with you about the need for children/family rides. After getting Superman, Dare Devil, Joker, and Wonder Woman all within 5 years, they could really use something for the families. I'd love to see a new family coaster at the park that doesn't go upside-down, but I doubt that will happen next year.

A Justice League would actually work well at this park, I think, nestled in their growing DC area, but I know Six Flags isn't planning on adding any in '18. I really hope it isn't a Free Spin, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Jameslofton wrote:I went yesterday. Anyone know how long V2 has been down? That was one of the main rides I was looking forward to(never been on one of those) and it was closed. It never opened.
It hasn't been down long term, but V2 is extremely finicky. If some kid so much as breathes on an air gate it goes down for hours. It goes down all the time. When I get to the park if I see its running I always say ride it now because you never know if it will be running later.

Jameslofton wrote:My neck hurts today and I'm pretty sure its from Boomerang.
It definitely is.

Jameslofton wrote:He backed out of Medusa as we were literally inches from boarding so we just turned around and went back. I said we'll ride Skyscreamer instead and come back to Medusa later. Nobody wanted to ride the swings but I've always wanted to ride crazy swings and wasn't leaving the park without doing it so I had to ride alone. I loved it but the ride was a bit short. I could've swung up there all day. Cant imagine how bat poop crazy those swings in Texas are.
Ironic because I think Medusa is probably less thrilling than Skyscreamer. Though if you come back during Fright Fest they run Skyscreamer backwards, which is pretty fun.

Jameslofton wrote:although I do want to ride a log ride.
Do Timber Mountain Log Ride at Knott's Berry Farm - definitely the best. You get misted/sprayed a bit but you don't really get soaked, and the ride itself is very well done. One of the best long rides there is.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cwf_777 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^I agree with you about the need for children/family rides. After getting Superman, Dare Devil, Joker, and Wonder Woman all within 5 years, they could really use something for the families. I'd love to see a new family coaster at the park that doesn't go upside-down, but I doubt that will happen next year.

A Justice League would actually work well at this park, I think, nestled in their growing DC area, but I know Six Flags isn't planning on adding any in '18. I really hope it isn't a Free Spin, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I might actually be ok with a Free Spin in all honesty, even though that's kind of a basic addition. But I definitely agree they need to focus on the kids- the Looney Tunes area is really starting to look aged and could use a refurb. I really want us to get that Justice League dark ride, but at this point is just wishful thinking imo.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Can hardly wait to see what this years season pass sale is like, really hoping I don't need a group of 4+ to get free gold pass or a decent price on the meal pass. Could live without concord waterworld too.

going to be interesting though for sure.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 pm

cwf_777 wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:^I agree with you about the need for children/family rides. After getting Superman, Dare Devil, Joker, and Wonder Woman all within 5 years, they could really use something for the families. I'd love to see a new family coaster at the park that doesn't go upside-down, but I doubt that will happen next year.

I might actually be ok with a Free Spin in all honesty, even though that's kind of a basic addition. But I definitely agree they need to focus on the kids- the Looney Tunes area is really starting to look aged and could use a refurb. I really want us to get that Justice League dark ride, but at this point is just wishful thinking imo.

i'm wondering how much work and money it would cost to referb the action theater into justice Leauge. I'd miss salughterhouse farm but I don't think they did that in 2016.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am

Soooo... I may be going to Discovery Kingdom in 2018. . . Super excited for this!!!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:14 pm

A teaser was posted to Twitter! Captain Lee standing in front of V2 asking a magic 8 ball what we're getting in 2018 and it answers that it will be a ride and "make us scream."

Hmmm.... some sort of rehaul of V2? V2 needs some love but I can't imagine what they might do that's marketable for 2018 unless they're trying to do VR. Reallyyyy hoping it doesn't mean V2 is getting taken out.

Tweet
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Im sure this isn't a "family" addition like other people were hoping for but I don't think it's gonna be anything huge either. I'm thinking at the most this might be a 4D but I'm guessing it might just be a Disk'o.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!