Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:43 pm

coasterbill wrote:now this topic is going way off the rails...

Off the rails, as in no rails? If there are no rails it's not a coaster...........just sayin :devil: .

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:It's been a real treat to see the same joke posted in every thread for the past couple months. Can't wait for more!!!!!!

1) It's no longer a joke. It's real life. ;)

2) It blows my mind that you insist on having a passive aggressive response to EVERYTHING. Relax, buddy. It's like you saw a thread where everyone was laughing about Skyline Attractions having some fun with the RCDB guys at IAPPA and insisted on showing up and sucking the life out of the thread by being passive aggressive for no reason. I don't get it. Nobody was trying to start anything, we're having fun because this is inherently funny which is probably the only reason Skyline Attractions posted it in the first place.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Nah, champ, I'm bein' serious - It's hilarious the way you triggered all those darned credit-counting enthusiasts! :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: Love it, brotha!

Check out this wacky credit I found! ;) :wtf: ;) :wtf: ;)
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

^ I have no idea what any of that means.

Hilltopper39 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:now this topic is going way off the rails...

Off the rails, as in no rails? If there are no rails it's not a coaster...........just sayin :devil: .

:lol: If I'm going to be totally serious for a change I totally feel like I "get it". The 2 "trains" are connected so I guess it's really just one huge train (so huge that it would make Harley Quinn Crazy Train proud) but it still only seems to cover about half the track. It seems to work because each station has drive tires and at the "train" is so long that at some point it's always going to be contacting those drive tires in one station or another. So if I'm understanding correctly then really the "train" only covers about half of the track at a time so it sort of does move around the track more like a coaster would.

I still feel like this is totally up to interpretation and I don't really care that much. But I guess I get it. Then again I legitimately DO get the argument for Pipe Scream too (or even something like Demon Drop) and in the end I don't really care either way what people decide. I get their argument. It seems reasonable enough to me (assuming I'm correctly understanding the mechanics of this thing).

Canobie Coaster wrote:Though if the two trains are independent of each other, what happens if one side were to rollback and the other didn't? I'm sure it was thought of, but I can't see how if the tires are only in the station area.

I think they're connected to eachother which is why they listed it as one train but I could be wrong. It's just a huge "train" and only the 2 extreme ends have seats or anything resembling an actual ride vehicle (I think). The conveyor belt type platform doesn't run the length of the track but it does run the length of the track between the two "trains" going one direction.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Like most others, I don’t really care if people choose to count this as a credit or not. But this is definitely WAY more of a coaster than the Super Loops, so I can see both sides.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 pm

^^ That makes sense; I missed it was one massive train.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^^ That makes sense; I missed it was one massive train.

It took me awhile to figure that out too and I think someone on here explained it to me last year. The easiest place to see it is in that little scale model they built.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Manic Monte » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Like most others, I don’t really care if people choose to count this as a credit or not. But this is definitely WAY more of a coaster than the Super Loops, so I can see both sides.

Honestly, though I'm not about to debate anyone on it, I do consider these to be coaster credits. I think what has happened with me is I now believe in adding roller coaster sub categories, and that makes it easier to not have my head explode every time a ride like this comes out.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Manic Monte wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Like most others, I don’t really care if people choose to count this as a credit or not. But this is definitely WAY more of a coaster than the Super Loops, so I can see both sides.

Honestly, though I'm not about to debate anyone on it, I do consider these to be coaster credits. I think what has happened with me is I now believe in adding roller coaster sub categories, and that makes it easier to not have my head explode every time a ride like this comes out.

Lol. I'm sort of the same way.

I basically just go off of RCDB. If they count it, I count it. That's the easiest way for me to keep track. But in the end, it's just personal preference.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Dombot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 am

I can't breath after reading those last few pages. Jesus Christ guys, have mercy. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am

Dombot wrote:I can't breath after reading those last few pages. Jesus Christ guys, have mercy. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tenor.gif
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!