Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Welp, that's good enough for me. I was waiting to judge "coaster-ness" it until I could ride, or at least see videos of it "coasting."

I trust the designers when they say it coasts though. And there's still much more questionable credits out there.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:55 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I was waiting to judge "coaster-ness" it until I could ride

Same. I always wait to ride things before judging their coasterness. That's why I could El Diablo Loop Coaster as 11 credits. It's has 11 times more coasterness than a standard coaster. Pipe Scream ranges from 6 to 7 times more coasterness than a standard coaster so I round up to 7, divide and carry the four.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

I hadn't thought to watch the POV until now. I imagined the ride operating like the Larson loops with a conveyor belt type platform running the length of the track. After watching the POV, this looks more like a coaster. The tires are only in the station area and are like any tire driven launch. Then there doesn't appear to be anything on the rest of the track.

HQ.JPG

Though if the two trains are independent of each other, what happens if one side were to rollback and the other didn't? I'm sure it was thought of, but I can't see how if the tires are only in the station area.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

^ The trains are connected aren't they?

Looks like they'll be tire propelled just like the old Schwarzkopf Katapult coasters.

https://rcdb.com/8237.htm
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm

coasterbill wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:I was waiting to judge "coaster-ness" it until I could ride

Same. I always wait to ride things before judging their coasterness. That's why I could El Diablo Loop Coaster as 11 credits. It's has 11 times more coasterness than a standard coaster. Pipe Scream ranges from 6 to 7 times more coasterness than a standard coaster so I round up to 7, divide and carry the four.

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I'm in the presence of a real king of comedy. It's been a real treat to see the same joke posted in every thread for the past couple months. Can't wait for more!!!!!!

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm

coasterbill wrote:
chickenbowl wrote: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I'm in the presence of a real king of comedy. It's been a real treat to see the same joke posted in every thread for the past couple months. Can't wait for more!!!!!!

The best part about it is you just know there are people out there who read it and have this response:

DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:21 pm

chickenbowl wrote:It's been a real treat to see the same joke posted in every thread for the past couple months. Can't wait for more!!!!!!

1) It's no longer a joke. It's real life. ;)

2) It blows my mind that you insist on having a passive aggressive response to EVERYTHING. Relax, buddy. It's like you saw a thread where everyone was laughing about Skyline Attractions having some fun with the RCDB guys at IAPPA and insisted on showing up and sucking the life out of the thread by being passive aggressive for no reason. I don't get it. Nobody was trying to start anything, we're having fun because this is inherently funny which is probably the only reason Skyline Attractions posted it in the first place.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm

boldikus wrote:^ The trains are connected aren't they?

Looks like they'll be tire propelled just like the old Schwarzkopf Katapult coasters.

https://rcdb.com/8237.htm

Yes, from the promo video it appears that the trains are connected, so there's no threat of them running into each other during a rollback. I've never seen those Katapult coasters before but their design is similar to the Skywarp. I think that we are going to see a lot more of these Skywarps and the other models shown by Skyline at IAAPA. They are low cost coasters that can fit into small areas, so I think there will be a big market for them.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm

coasterbill wrote:2) It blows my mind that you insist on having a passive aggressive response to EVERYTHING. Relax, buddy. It's like you saw a thread where everyone was laughing about Skyline Attractions having some fun with the RCDB guys at IAPPA and insisted on showing up and sucking the life out of the thread by being passive aggressive for no reason. I don't get it. Nobody was trying to start anything, we're having fun because this is inherently funny which is probably the only reason Skyline Attractions posted it in the first place.

I don't get where you're getting a passive aggressive vibe from the first comment, I read it as something as simple as, "Well that settles it, I was going to wait and see myself to see how close it is to a coaster but now we know." Projection maybe?
Credit Count: 342
278 Steel 64 Wood

Intimidator 305/Skyrush/Maverick/Fury 325/New Texas Giant
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/El Toro/Phoenix/Voyage

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

X2coasterfreak wrote:I don't get where you're getting a passive aggressive vibe from the first comment

I'm not. My comment back to him was said in a joking way because the word "coaster-ness" is funny. His initial post was totally reasonable. I'm responding to the second one, but now this topic is going way off the rails...

jesus, how the hell did this even become a thing? wtf? :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!