Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 612 - Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:23 pm

^It's a prototype. Prototypes almost always have problems. In the amusement industry nowadays, nobody wants the first ride, but everybody wants the second.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGA, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Oh for goodness' sake, they're flat rides. Prototype flat rides. Prototype flat rides with a manufacturer warranty.

If you seriously think that a few flat rides that are having trouble getting running properly is going to cause Six Flags to go bankrupt (EDIT: talking in hyberbole, not literally), you need to go ride New Texas Giant or something and then reconsider what you were thinking.
Last edited by A.J. on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:40 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGA, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Does anyone know if X2 was partially responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt? I'm guessing rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, both Goliaths and Tatsu were probably responsible for SF going bankrupt.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Millennium Force 4. Skyrush 5. Iron Rattler 6. Goliath (SFOG) 7. Lightning Run 8. Diamondback 9. Nitro 10. Superman: The Ride (SFNE)

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Mystic Timbers 3. The Voyage 4. The Beast 5. Goliath (SFGAM) 6. Shivering Timbers 7. American Thunder 8. Lightning Racer 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler (WOF)

Coaster Count: 182

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastin' thru life » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:53 pm

The skyward looks kind of lame anyway, Larson loop with a twist, literally.They should just return it. Lol. What's that, 5 back and forth "coasters"

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastin' thru life » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Yubstep101 wrote:

Does anyone know if X2 was partially responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt? I'm guessing rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, both Goliaths and Tatsu were probably responsible for SF going bankrupt.

X2 bankrupt Arrow, you're right about the rest

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 am

^Yes. Sort of. Six Flags went bankrupt in the 2000's due to both overinvestment and underinvestment. In the early 2000's, Six Flags built massive attractions at several of their parks, often with massive budgets. There was just no way these investments could make back their budget in the short term. This is to say nothing about all the useless licencing they bought up.

While some parks were seeing major investments, other parks were pretty much being ignored, seeing falling attendance. The most notable example was Astroworld, but there were a few others in the chain.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Will Harley Quinn open before Six Flags announces their 2019 attractions? :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby JordyC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:28 am

Superbatboy wrote:Will Harley Quinn open before Six Flags announces their 2019 attractions? :lol:

Maybe it is their 2019 addition? ;)
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Media day for Harley Quinn is on the 27th.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!