TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

If memory serves me correctly, it was earlier last year that they left. So it's definitely been over a year. I don't think they would get a wooden coaster back there because of the noises to the animals, and possibly the noises to the neighbors across the lake. The height restriction is also more strict back there, but I'm not sure how strict. As of now it's a fairly decent unused portion of land. Come to think of it, that would potentially be a great spot for a family coaster.

What about a less intense Hyper GTX? Due to its low height and lack of inversions (At least on Lightning Run), it seems like it would be a good ride both kids and adults would enjoy, and its height restriction is only 48 inches.

Or an RMC Raptor

Joker Jr?

I'm going to be disappointed if current six flags pass holders don't get in free like they did before.

I wouldn't be shocked if they leave the status quo for the 2017 season since they've already sold a ton of passes at a different price point and then change it for 2018.

I'm going to be disappointed if current six flags pass holders don't get in free like they did before.

I received the news in my season pass holder update. There was a link to the Water World website. When I looked under tickets and passes, it just listed the three levels of season passes specifically for the water park. There was nothing about Six Flags season pass holders. So, as far as I can tell, Six Flags season pass holders won't be able to use their passes (gold level or otherwise) to get into the water park. I could be wrong, but I think us season pass holders are out of luck.

I received the news in my season pass holder update. There was a link to the Water World website. When I looked under tickets and passes, it just listed the three levels of season passes specifically for the water park. There was nothing about Six Flags season pass holders. So, as far as I can tell, Six Flags season pass holders won't be able to use their passes (gold level or otherwise) to get into the water park. I could be wrong, but I think us season pass holders are out of luck.

That's a bummer. I excitedly ran here to figure out so. I haven't been to Waterworld since they removed SF as we simply couldn't afford to pay the tickets at the time. It was a very lovely water park during those visits with an awesome lazy river.

They have stated that there will be extra special deals for current Six Flags pass holders or something like that. Said they will be releasing the info soon. Definitely gave the impression that it won't be free

If they did make it free this year it would seem that the park would be expected to issue refunds to people that own season and/ or dining passes to both parks. They could always just make it free and tell you that you are out of luck if you bought both, but that would not be very classy. I would expect an upgrade fee option this year, and possibly the typical combo pass pricing structure they have at other parks for next year.

If they did make it free this year it would seem that the park would be expected to issue refunds to people that own season and/ or dining passes to both parks. They could always just make it free and tell you that you are out of luck if you bought both, but that would not be very classy. I would expect an upgrade fee option this year, and possibly the typical combo pass pricing structure they have at other parks for next year.

At least with my experience, SFDK has been very accommodating with changes. I remember buying a season pass on the last day of their season pass promotion, only to get an email for a cheaper deal a few hours later. They were very nice about letting me use the new deal instead of the old one I had just purchased. I just had to call them.

^^WOW!!! Thanks for the update!!!

BTW, it looks as if there aren't as many LED lights on WW as there are on Riddler at SFOT. Having said that, I can't wait to see this thing at nighttime! The Wonder Woman emblems look incredible!!

That is a narrow space for a big ride.

It will be interesting to walk the path (to / from the parking lot) looking up at the swinging frisbee.

Looking forward to finding out if it will be better than Maxair / Delirium.

Just received this from Six Flags today. Looks like $15 gets you a Waterworld season pass...but only if you already have a season pass.

I checked out the web pages for the Water world mixed season pass and 15 dollar upgrades nither come with parking for Water World though a season parking pass at water world is 50 bucks. Wonder if it'll all be the same price for 2018.

That is a narrow space for a big ride.

It will be interesting to walk the path (to / from the parking lot) looking up at the swinging frisbee.

Looking forward to finding out if it will be better than Maxair / Delirium.

Having ridden both maXair at CP and Riddler Revenge at SFOT, I can say that the Zamperla models are more comfy. The seats and restraints are less cumbersome. The Zamperla Giant Discovery models rotate both directions while swinging whereas the Huss models only rotate one direction, albeit faster. My firm opinion is that the Zamperla models are a better overall experience. But that's just me.

That's a very nice location for a giant frisbee ride. Should provide some great views of the surrounding rollercoasters!

I haven't been on the HUSS version so I cannot compare it, but the Zamperla Giant Discovery at Tusenfryd was a lot of fun!

SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I think it helps that most of the rides are packed in the front of the park, but the rest of the park is nice and open. It means it's really easy to get away from the cramped areas. Of course, if they put in a new ride to replace to Go-Karts, that corner is sure going to be busy...