Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby Pear » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 am

Here's a POV from the Gravity Group

The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:05 am

Edit: On second thought I'm editing this because it's not my place to moderate things, but just in general I highly recommend actually reading a few posts back before posting. Reading is always a good idea.

On the subject of the ride, I'm absolutely thrilled for the park and for everyone who lives nearby and can ride this beast whenever they want. I can't wait for the reviews to start pouring in in a few days because I fully expect this to be the sleeper hit of the year.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Khat26 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:07 am

coasterbill wrote:Image

pssst... read the last page

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 am

Wow! That looks amazing! Can the world please have more Fun Spots?
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby jten11 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:42 am

Well done Gravity Group. So glad I'm only hours away. Got to plan a trip in the near future! :airtime:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Steely Dan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 am

Last edited by Steely Dan on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 pm.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't know how Fun Spot does it. First White Lightning, now this. Just wow.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:Edit: On second thought I'm editing this because it's not my place to moderate things, but just in general I highly recommend actually reading a few posts back before posting. Reading is always a good idea.

I should clarify - an official POV from a park or a ride company is "ok" as that is official footage. When someone posts something from ANOTHER channel or fan site, IMO, that's rude, especially when you know we will be out there to get the footage.

But we can absolutely pay the park or ride manufacturer respect with their videos!

We'll actually be shooting some video on the ride tomorrow as there was bad weather when we were down there to shoot it yesterday.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Quick Photo Trip Report:
My partner and I arrived in Orlando a bit earlier than planned for SeaWorld so we had time to make a quick stop at Fun Spot in Kissimmee. Neither one of us had been there before and didn't plan to ride anything (this time). I wanted to see Mine Blower and perhaps maybe see it make some test runs since it made it's first the night before. Unfortunately when we arrived about 10am they were doing some work on the track and structure so for the hour we were there looking around we didn't get to see it test. Bummer...but it looks amazing! We will be back later in the summer to spend a few hours there and already bought all day passes for $19 to use when they had their sale online a couple weeks ago. I did have a Fun e Card with some funds on it from a visit at the Orlando park so we used it to play some arcade games before leaving to have lunch.

For now here are some pics of the park:
I love Frisbee rides and I can't wait to try this one (Head Rush). It will be my first inverting one.

Rockstar Coaster. A spinning wild mouse. It will be another first (one that spins that is).

A Bull ride? Sure, I may try this too. Another possible first.

I love Screaming Swings. It was still under maintenance so it should be open by the time I get back. I've been on the one at the Orlando park (same model) many times.

Kiddie Coaster. Most generic name of a potential credit I'll get when I come back.
#noshame

Now on the the reason we came by : Mine Blower
I can't wait to get back to the park to ride this. It may be a short ride, but it definitely will pack a punch, and the barrel roll alone is with the trip if you're nearby. This will be my first inverting woodie when I ride it. It's crazy this ride will be open Friday. As mentioned before we didn't see any testing due to some tweaking to the track. We also couldn't get a good view of the trains since they were both on the track and somewhat hidden from where I could get pics. I know the weather deteriorated within a couple hours of us leaving so testing occurred later on that evening.

Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Enjoy!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!