Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby VGplay » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

The year White Lightning opened I stopped by Fun Spot. At the time they offered what I think they called a "trial pack" that gave four rides on anything. Worked well to grab the credits and get an extra ride on White Lightning. It was a slight discount off of buying the same number of individual rides. Does the Kissimmee park offer something similar?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Nothing of the sort that I saw the other night. You could load money onto your Fun-e-Card, get a single day or season pass, but that was about it.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:59 pm

VGplay wrote:The year White Lightning opened I stopped by Fun Spot. At the time they offered what I think they called a "trial pack" that gave four rides on anything. Worked well to grab the credits and get an extra ride on White Lightning. It was a slight discount off of buying the same number of individual rides. Does the Kissimmee park offer something similar?

This is what is offered on the Orlando Go Card deal.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:11 pm

This is a little short on pics, but boy oh boy do I love Funspot. The staff is great and really wowed us several times. Our extended weekend started out with going to Orlando's Pride Fest Weekend. Friday we got to party with Ultra Nate backstage, and wow is she cool and does she have a ra..., sorry, I'll stop. ( pics if you want). So yeah, there was a parade etc etc on Sat, but the real fun was on Sunday. Stopped for brunch and bloody Mary's at the Hammered Lamb, ( oh wow) Then headed to Funspot in Kissemmee. Driving down I-4 passing White Lightning in O Town was tough but we had bigger fishes to fry, namely Mine Blower. Mind you, I haven't done many parks this year as I had 2 heart attacks and under went surgeries twice this year. I was dying to ride coasters. My Doc gave me the all clear and I was ready ! Now here is where we get to the awesomeness that is FunSpot. We get to the gate and we had 2 passes we bought back in 2014 for their anniversary celebration for 15 bucks. Didn't think they would be good, but, Surprise, they honored them ! Got our arm bands and rushed to Mine Blower and found, what? the line was down the stairs onto the midway. Holy Toledo, a line? Thanks to, here's the 2nd wow, the crew was pumping like crazy. We had a 3 train wait that only took minutes. That crew was hauling. Get in, pull down, check and out the door ya' go. They might even try to beat Knoebs loading, sorta. Mine Blower, like Coasterbill and XViceandvirtues said, this coaster will blow your !!! Ho;y Cow Is it amazing. Not rough, just waayy waayy intense. Rode every seat front to back. WOW. Then we rode next the other new hotness, HeadRush 360. OMG, I didn't think I could handle it, but I loved it ! Long story short, had so much fun, got a cheapy room next door so we cold stay all night. Had dinner and went back for more rides. Rode MB 10 times, Rockstar coaster 6 times, tilt a whirl, yo yo and other flats. Seeing as we got the deal on the ride bands we also had "several" adult bevs, munchies, bought a on ride pic and , my fave to leave by, cotton candy.At 15 to midnight my hubs found out why they call a ride a spin and puke. We had one last ride on 360 and thankfully he made it to the bushes. Hehe. I still got 1 more ride on MB tho. If anyone has the chance, Mine Blower is a must do. So now a few pics.
20171014_155555.jpg
Freaky furry for Rob at Pride
20171015_112435.jpg
gotta have your nutrients first
20171015_171520.jpg
Midway looking good
20171015_222735.jpg
Blurry but cool
20171015_223313.jpg
Station
20171015_202629.jpg
Sky Coaster lit at night
20171015_202443.jpg
Giant wheel
20171015_204538.jpg
Rising pumpkin monster by tilt a whirl

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

^ Daaaammmn Mark...sorry to hear of your past medical conditions, but glad that you're mended enough to finally get on some coasters and rides!

Hopefully we will be able to get Michael on some rides again after his cancer scare, horrible surgical snafu's and extended hospital stay, but one step at a time.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:55 pm

^^ Well, you're 102. You gotta be careful, right? :wink:

Glad you got through everything, well enough to ride coasters again. :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Oh yeah, at 102 there ain't enough WD-40 in the world to stop them old bones from a creakin. Glad I am back and making up for lost time a'riding. =) (edit to add) Hopefully Mr M kicks it too. Too many coasters out there waiting to ride.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!