Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 am

Fun Spot America has added another park to it's family of parks: Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I was just thinking the other day about how it would be great if they expanded and either built new parks, or took over some struggling existing ones. I've also seen in this thread people wishing this as well, so here you go.
Side note...would be nice if they could take over Daytona's Boardwalk Amusements.
https://www.facebook.com/FunSpotAmerica/posts/10156313909696978
funspotamericanewpark.JPG
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 am

This is great news! I've said it before: the world needs more Fun Spots. Maybe we'll see another mini-woodie there!
Steel: 145 -- Wood: 27 -- Total: 172
Twitter & Instagram: @nlamoreaux99
Skyrush is perfection.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:52 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:This is great news! I've said it before: the world needs more Fun Spots. Maybe we'll see another mini-woodie there!

I know right? I'm wishing and hoping (Dusty Springfield reference) that they get a Gravity Group woodie. Maybe something like Switchback so that the Orlando park will have a twisty out and back woodie, the Kissimmee park has an inverting woodie, so now the Fayetteville park can have a reversing woodie. But yeah, I'm expecting great things. This new park has some decent expansion room and they already have an awesome little steel coaster! I really hope they can somehow clear out that nasty looking pond though.

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm

bgtlover wrote:Fun Spot America has added another park to it's family of parks: Fun Junction USA in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I was just thinking the other day about how it would be great if they expanded and either built new parks, or took over some struggling existing ones. I've also seen in this thread people wishing this as well, so here you go.
Side note...would be nice if they could take over Daytona's Boardwalk Amusements.
https://www.facebook.com/FunSpotAmerica/posts/10156313909696978
funspotamericanewpark.JPG

:nina: :nina:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 am

We did a shoot at the park today and here is a 360 video we posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-GvrY8Gvyc

You will probably have to click the link and watch it either in your browser or in the YouTube app on the phone:

Some quick thoughts on the ride:

Pros: I actually felt the design and layout were *FANTASTIC* - Top 20 material, easy. The drop into the inversion was AMAZING and the ride has some great pacing and wonderful airtime. I loved the layout and it's probably one of my favorite Gravity Group designs to date.

Cons: It's rough. Much rougher than I was expecting, especially having been on both Twister and Switchback around the same time after opening and those rides ran AMAZING! I felt like Mine Blower, after the first drop and inversion, just shuffled like crazy and after one ride it actually gave me a bit of a headache. It's such a shame because the layout of that ride totally kicks A$$ and I'm sure people with more tolerance to rough woodies will love the crap out of it! But this isn't a ride I could do multiple laps on.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:52 am.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:13 pm

robbalvey wrote: It's rough. Much rougher than I was expecting,

A lot of people are saying this same thing.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:02 pm

That's too bad it has a pretty bad shuffle but I'm glad the layout delivers. Roar-o-saurus shuffled a bit in the turns but never came close to being rough. Meanwhile the older Wooden Warrior is still glass-smooth.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Queue in the slew of 12-30 year old's that will come in here and say that they rode it and can't believe that anyone thinks that it's rough...claim that it's smooth as glass. ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:39 pm

If Robb says it's rough then it's rough. That's good enough for me. ;)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Pseybert » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:30 am

Philrad71 wrote:Queue in the slew of 12-30 year old's that will come in here and say that they rode it and can't believe that anyone thinks that it's rough...claim that it's smooth as glass. ;)

That classic 12-30 year old demographic that likes to come on here and misinform people about coasters. Not a broad generalization at all!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!