Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Does that make it the first ride with Timberliners to have them, or do they all?

All GG woodies in China that run Timberliners have seat belts.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 am

I got a couple of rides on Mine Blower Saturday afternoon, really fun little ride and way more intense than I was expecting. Rode once in the front and once in the back, I preferred the front. Not gonna lie that barrel roll kinda freaked me out the first time but in a good way!

Also kinda random but Fun Spot requires you to show an ID to use your credit card but not your debit card which I thought was kind strange. I almost always have my wallet & ID but since I was coming from a water park in my board shorts with no pockets I just grabbed my credit card and ran in real quick to grab a few while the kids were asleep, but had to go back to grab my ID. Not a big deal just kinda caught me off guard. So heads up for anyone who uses a credit card but may not carry ID because you just left a water park and don't have pockets haha.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 am

^As far as using a debit card, you can punch in your PIN I believe so that may be why ID isn't needed with it in person. It does state on their website that you have to show ID at the park when purchasing passes online with a credit or debit card (I just recently did so). Of course that does no good for people who just walk up and didn't know, which I'm sure is the majority. A lot of places are starting to require showing ID with credit cards. I say that's a good thing especially at tourist attractions.
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
bgtlover wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:
djackson wrote:There are seatbelts under the lap bar.

why

For perceived safety by non-enthusiasts/GP who don't know or understand that these rides are perfectly safe without them.
Oh and I'm sure there is a nice discount on the insurance too.

I know they are perfectly safe, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to operate, but those Timberliner restraints seem a little... sketchy... to me, at least when I first saw them. I have seen the bars barely cover both thighs on some larger people, with the restraint almost protruding out from the train as if it's only half down. Obviously the ride is safe, but maybe the seatbelts are there for a little extra reassurance, plus the discount on insurance like you mentioned. It's better safe than sorry anyway, especially when a park like Fun Spot doesn't need a super high throughput.

Nonetheless, this seems like a win for Fun Spot. It's popping up everywhere on my social media and Youtube.

I absolutely love Timberliners. I'd take them over PTCs (unless they have buzz bars) or Millennium Flyers. They are incredibly comfortable.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BintamiM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Just rode mine blower this saturday and I loved it. It was pretty fast , good airtime , and just overall fun. It was a bit shaky but not rough. Hopefully it doesn't age badly.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CoasterB » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:28 pm

I got ride mine blower last night and it kicks serious butt, really fast pace from beginning to end, great pops of air, I didn't find it unsmooth at all. Throughly enjoyed it :)
My Top Coasters - Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nemesis, Shambhala, Taron, Expedition Geforce, X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, Wodan, Troy
Last Park visited: Movie Park Germany - Next Park Visit: Florida

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 am

So do you guys think that Mine Blower is better than White Lightning?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:45 am

I dind't find the ride to be rough at all and I think I prefer it to White Lightning just because of that crazy barrel roll. Both rides are really good.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby djmadmanray » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:31 am

Rode Mine Blower yesterday for the 4th time and..good news. No more seatbelts! The front is definitely smoother than the back, but either place, the ride kicks A$$!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:10 pm

After having throughly enjoyed Switchback, I'm sure I'll love come March. I'm just waiting for Gravity Group to combine a corkscrew into a shuttle coaster like Switchback.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!