Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Fun Spot America this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

January 2nd, 2011 - Fun Spot to expand from 5 arces to 15 acres - SEE BELOW
November 25th, 2011 - Details for Fun Spot water park announced

March 2nd, 2012 - Orlando City Commission approves Fun Spot expansion, images show a wooden coaster
March 28th, 2012 - Park announces White Lightning (GCI woodie) and a Vekoma suspended coaster
September 20th, 2012 - Groundbreaking event for park expansion
November 28th, 2012 - construction update

January 17th, 2013 - Fun Spot purchases another 10 acres
February 7th, 2013 - construction update
February 28th, 2013 - construction update
March 11th, 2013 - construction update
April 3rd, 2013 - construction update
May 2nd, 2013 - construction update
May 21st, 2013 - White Lightning opens
June 8th, 2013 - Grand re-Opening of Fun Spot America

August 15th, 2014 - Three new attractions announced: S&S Screamin Swing, Laser Maze, Gator exhibit
November 4th, 2014 - addition of Air Race

January 20th, 2015 - Gator Spot by Gatorland groundbreaking ceremony
July 18th, 2015 - Preliminary details on new expansion plans released

January 11, 2016 - New vision released for Fun Spot

http://funspotattractions.blogspot.com/2010/12/fun-spot-action-park-becomes-huge-er.html

FUN SPOT ACTION PARK BECOMES “HUGE-ER”

Fun Spot Action Park, just off International Drive in Orlando, is growing. The 13 year-old, 5 acre park has just purchased an adjacent 10 acres to triple its size. Plans are being developed for the expansion of rides, tracks and jobs at the Orlando Park.

The new, expanded park will include more tracks, more rides, including some possible water rides, and a smaller version of the SkyCoaster thrill ride located in their Kissimmee Park. Paint Ball and batting cages have also been suggested but no commitment has been made.

With over a million visitors to its two parks, Fun Spot is becoming the largest of the second tier attractions in Central Florida. Known for their multi-level go-kart tracks, and value pricing, Fun Spot holds 4 U.S. patents on go-kart track design. It is locally-owned and family-owned. For several years, Fun Spot Action Park was named the “Best Budget Attraction” by the Orlando Sentinel.

In addition to the 5 acre park near Universal Studios, there is Fun Spot USA, a 10 acre park in Kissimmee near Walt Disney World. Fun Spot USA is expanding with a new Soaring Eagle Ride, Birthday/Meeting Room, and is planning on opening its first rollercoaster, a Wild Mouse ride, this March.

Exuberant owner and CEO, John Arie Sr stated “This dream of mine has grown far larger than I ever expected. I was set to retire but I wanted to do this for my family, for the employees, for the community.”

John Arie, Jr, the COO and television spokesperson said, “Everyone is talking about job creation, well we are doing it. We presently have 200+ employees. With this expansion we hope to add another 200. For us this expansion is Huge!”
10 acre-1.jpg
Another view of the current park and adjacent 10 acres
10 acre.jpg
In the image the additional 10 acres is the immediate right of Fun Spot edged by Grand National Blvd to the top and Alta Vista Lane to the right and two retention ponds to the bottom.
Last edited by disneyfan1313 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park expanding by 10 acres!

Postby beatle11 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:29 pm

That's a big leap for a small park like that. Good on them.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Wow I've never ever seen this place...but the more the merrier in Orlando :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kcjensen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Multilevel go karts? I have never heard of that before. I guess I'm going to Florida this year. :br

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Small but decent FEC, should be interesting to see what they end up adding to this location!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby eltoro96 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 pm

I've only seen it from a distance driving from universal but from what I see it looks awesome and this add-on will give them some great new attractions
[/size][/color]
1 Bizarro (New England) 2 Stormrunner 3 Skyrush 4 El Toro 5 Montu 6 Maverick 7 Nitro 8 Phoenix 9 Deja Vu 10 Millenium Force
Last park: Hershey Park 8/12
Next park: Cedar Point 10/12

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:50 pm

I heard of and seen the place but never stopped there. I've only been to its' sister park, Fun Spot USA, since I'm a credit whore and they have a few credits at Fun Spot USA.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:27 pm

:b "That, my friends, is how amusement parks are born: they begin as small parks and next thing you know they turn into big and beautiful amusement parks!"

:) "Somebody pass out the champange!"

:mickey: "Wow, another reason to visit Oralndo, Florida"

This is definately great news to hear about Fun Spot Action Park. This must be proof that the economy is improving (knock on wood). Seeing the aerial photo of Fun Spot Action Park, I could see tons of additions they could add, maybe even a roller coaster (small family coaster like the Wild Mouse or the Plitzer, or how about even a Boomerage.)

By the way, from kcjensen:
Multilevel go karts? I have never heard of that before. I guess I'm going to Florida this year.

Yes, the Fun Spot does have multilevel tracks, but so does Branson, Missouri (two in fact - I should know cos I rode them both!)! And believe me, they are fun!!!

As for the Fun Spot Action Park, KEEP ON DRIVIN'!!!

:pillow: "And don't forget about me. Who else can you lie your head upon and dream about coasters?"
Last edited by palmerleeberry on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:55 pm

palmerleeberry wrote::
By the way, from kcjensen:
Multilevel go karts? I have never heard of that before. I guess I'm going to Florida this year.

Yes, the fun Spot does have multilevel tracks, but so does Branson, Missouri (two in fact - I should know cos I rode them both!)! And believe me, they are fun!!!

and so do the other Fun Spot in Kissimmee, Pigeon Forge and Wisconsin Dells and probably many more US based tourist traps.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:58 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 pm

No mention of adding any type of coaster, from what I could tell. I dropped by the place a few weeks ago, but there really wasn't anything unique or appealing enough to get me to spend any money there.

It did give me some ideas on how to make a good FEC, but mostly by being so darned standard. :p
Fun Spot.jpg
Erik Allen Elness

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!