Legoland Malaysia Discussion Thread

P. 8: The Great LEGO Race VR Coaster coming to Legoland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Legoland Malaysia Discussion Thread

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Always great to see a new park generating crowds. Hoping thats a sign of good things to come.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 am

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/mithc2/Article/

Merlin Entertainments Group plans to increase its holdings in Legoland Malaysia to 20 per cent in the next few years. Merlin, the world's second largest visitor attraction operator after Disney, currently holds about 10 per cent stake in the family theme park. Its chief executive officer Nick Varney said under the terms of agreement, Merlin can take up to 20 per cent stake in the park. "In our projection, which will happen over the first few years of the theme park, but as I said, there are a lot of other opportunities coming up with other projects that we are talking with our partners to bring to this region," he told Business Times in an interview at Legoland Malaysia on Saturday.

Legoland Malaysia is owned by Khazanah Malaysia Bhd's unit, Themed Attractions and Resorts Sdn Bhd (TAR), Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) and Merlin. The park is operated by Merlin.

Merlin is also developing Legoland Water Park and Legoland Hotel here, which will open in 2013 and 2014 respectively.

The development of Legoland theme park, water park and hotel costs about RM1.6 billion.

Varney is confident that Legoland Malaysia will attract between one and two million visitors a year, just like the existing Legoland parks in Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, California and Florida (the United States).

Like other Legoland parks, Legoland Malaysia is expected to deliver the same revenue growth and visitors number. In Malaysia's case, it will be driven by the booming tourism sector in the southern Malaysia and Singapore, he said.

Varney pointed out that Legoland Malaysia has the best miniland - the themed area that features Asia's best known cities and landmarks in miniatures sizes made of Lego bricks. "It reflects Malaysian and Asian culture and their unique architecture. The architecture in Asia is so stunning and distinctive. Also, it has more animation and lighting and in the evening, it is absolutely spellbinding and fantastic sight," he said.

Meanwhile, Legoland Malaysia general manager Siegfried Boerst said so far, the response to the park has exceeded expectations.

He said the company receives many positive comments from visitors through emails and the touchscreen kiosks at the park. "We received a good mix of local and international visitors," he said.

Random checks by Business Times at the park during the weekend confirmed that as there were families from Indonesia, the Philippines, Hong Kong and India, while families from Western countries were also spotted.

Boerst said Legoland Malaysia employs about 1,000 people, of which 99 per cent are locals.

Legoland Malaysia, which was officially launched by the Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar on Saturday night, is developed for families with children between the ages of two and 12. The fully interactive park has over 40 rides, shows and attractions.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm

afiqnadzir wrote:my trip review to legoland malaysia at opening day

Thanks for the photos! It would be great to see more of the park as well if you have time to do more of a Trip Report. By the way, why do you have two annual passes in the picture? Do they issue you two for some reason?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm

noo..its me and my twin ;)

i dont have much time to updates right now..maybe next time i will add more photo,

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

our first ride..one of prime attraction of legoland,it look extreme..but its totally fun!..we are the first one to ride it on opening day! yahoo

first drop was perfect,can't describe it on word..

the queue still empty,because we are the earliest person :-P

Next to the Project X is another roller coaster,dragon apprentice, a simple ride,but so much fun,it run for 2 round

detailing at the entrance...impressive,those animatronic dragon teaching his son to fired,very cute!

while adult waiting in line,children can play lego

i will continue our trip

-project x again..it so fun to ride..

whoaaaa!

dragon apprentice coaster...

next is TECHNIC TWISTER ,its give me headache..lol,i hate spinning ride,

i've waiting this ride for a long time...this is first of it kind in malaysia..
AQUAZONE wave racer

the lego octopus really impress me..so much detail..

queue for aquazone wave race.one of the most popular ride in legoland malaysia,no wonder the queue so long

the submarine with project x coaster at the back

street festival on opening day

kids look having fun!....i wish i can play like that..the heat is buring me..

LEGO KINGDOM

the forestman hideout
a paradise for kids,especially who love adventures...

in front of us is my favorite ride.!
THE DRAGON-adult version of dragon apprentice,both coaster are on my left and right

its combination of dark ride and coaster..

next to it a cafe Knight's feast,and the price..cheap and affordable

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 am

That looks like one awesome kiddie coaster :P
Thanks for the pictures!
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 am

Nice trip report! My home park is Legoland California and it is interesting to see what some of the rides at my home park would look if it was built today. I hope LLM will have shade in a few years as one of the nicest things about LLC is the great amount of shade.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/legoland-malaysia-to-restrict-entries-during-peak-periods-1.186947

Legoland Malaysia will restrict the number of entries to Asia's first Legoland Park when the need arises during peak periods to ensure all guests enjoy a quality experience at the park.

In a statement, Legoland said the park has been enjoying a successful opening since Sept 15, 2012. "We are grateful for the tremendous public support and this has contributed to a very busy period especially during holidays. On Saturday, due to the high traffic we temporarily limited the number of new entries from 12pm to 2pm," it said. It said although Legoland has a large capacity, it remains a priority that everyone at the Park can fully appreciate the unique and interactive LEGOLAND experience.

"We value all our guests and the quality of their experience at the Park is important to us. As we are fully committed to ensuring our guests have an enjoyable time with their families and friends we might implement this measure from time to time on a per need basis," it said.

Legoland said school holidays and weekends are the busiest times for LEGOLAND Parks worldwide.

"We would like to remind guests that arriving early during this time is the best way to enjoy the full day of family fun that LEGOLAND Malaysia has to offer," the statement said.

Guests are also encouraged to visit on week days. The Park is open until 8pm every day during December.

For Annual Pass holders, Legoland said it would strongly recommend guests to come during off-peak days and hours to maximise their time at the Park. Most pass holders at the other Parks usually avoid the busiest times/days knowing that they can come on any day of the year.

Visitors who have pre-purchased day tickets either online or via tour packages will be admitted to the Park. Legoland encourages guests facing any difficulties with their entry to approach staff at the counter for further information or assistance.

To assist guests in planning their visits, LEGOLAND also provides information on its website (http://www.legoland.my) and Facebook page. The same channels were used to give advance notice on Saturday.

Legoland Malaysia offers more than 40 rides, shows and attractions.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 am

They got to love that such a new park is reaching capacity on certain days. I can see why Merlin wants to up their stake in the park from 10% to 20%. This can only mean good things to come for the park.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby afiqnadzir » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:12 am

here you go..the castle

lego princess just wake from sleep

cute bear- part of detailing

love the landscape..look soo calm

another swing ride..merlin challenge

want to help me built my hut?

i bet this is favourite ride for kids!..let ride the horse..(for kids only)

welcome to imagination...land

kids power tower..? but i see adult...lol

nice theme

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!