TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Malaysia Discussion Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have not visited the waterpark or hotel yet (it has not opened when I visited the resort), but I think the park is very clean for Malaysian standards and the staff are generally quite enthusiastic (not sure if it is because the park was new). The rides are in general able to cope with the crowds so the longest wait time my group had was about 20mins (Lost Kingdom Adventure). While this park has a massive kids areas all over, there are still a few adult friendly attractions, such as world famous Miniland with its usual attention to detail and the robotics hands on experience Lego Mindstorms.

Food in the park is considered acceptable (but not really good) for theme parks, and it is surprisingly cheaper than Genting Highlands in Malaysia, starting from RM15 per meal. Ride photos are also much cheaper than other nearby attractions, at RM30 (compared to SGD20 (RM50) in USS and RM 50 in Genting). The only attractions that need additional fee is the game stalls at Lego Kingdoms and Land of Adventure, though I must say that the prizes are uber-difficult to win. My favourite attraction there is Lego Mindstorms and it requires advanced reservations earlier in the day (slots are more competitive that Disney Fastpasses for Soarin, at 11am there were only 2 timeslots left).

On a a side note, my group actually spotted several damages even though we visited the park just 2 months after its opening. Are the other legoland parks also so prone to such damage (I don't recall seeing anything like this from other parks like USS or HK Disneyland).

Please do drop by at seconddrop.blogspot.sg for a detailed trip report.

• 3 years later...

Merlin Entertainments Group has sent us a press release announcing the transformation of the Project X roller coaster at Legoland Malaysia into The Great LEGO Race VR Coaster.

2089721039_unnamed(1).jpg.b6166187d06209bd4fef59dcd5016c0f.jpg

Prepare to take a ride on the wildest LEGO® race ever imagined when cutting-edge virtual reality technology combines with roller coaster thrills in an exhilarating new attraction opening in late 2017 at LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, followed in 2018 at LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Germany’s LEGOLAND Deutschland Resort, UK parent company Merlin Entertainments Group announced today.

Developed under the supervision of Merlin Magic Making, the company’s global creative and delivery division, The Great LEGO Race will transform three existing “Project X” roller coasters into an exciting, high-octane experience that puts kids in the driver’s seat and asks, “Are you brave enough to face, race and beat the best of the best in all of LEGO world?”

Featuring a colorful lineup of racers drawn from the ranks of the popular LEGO minifigure mystery assortments, The Great LEGO Race pits riders in a rollicking race against wild, brick-built contraptions driven by Trendsetter, Pharaoh, Surfer Girl, Wizard and Pirate Captain, including a rocket-powered surfboard and a stylish scooter fueled by espresso. Wearing VR headsets, guests will experience the action from every direction – up, down, forward, backward and all points in between – in a dazzling environment where everything is made of LEGO bricks.

The adventure begins as guests approach the ride’s bold new entry portal as the sounds of roaring engines fill the air. Nearby, the coaster’s queue will resemble a pre-race space where pit crews for each of the five LEGO racers are preparing for the competition, plus interactive, hands-on elements to entertain waiting riders.

During the ride, Bluetooth technology will sync the virtual visuals with the roller coaster’s twists, turns, drops and climbs, creating an all-new experience filled with thrills, spills, surprises and humor – an experience only LEGOLAND could create.

“The Great LEGO Race was inspired by the way kids play with LEGO toys at home,” said Candy Holland, senior creative director for Merlin Magic Making, which designs and develops attractions for Merlin sites around the world. “It’s a unique LEGO adventure that lets kids enter an epic imaginary world made entirely from LEGO bricks, featuring a host of different themes and fun LEGO characters, all mixed up together.”

Guests can choose to experience The Great LEGO Race with or without the VR headset. A preshow video will demonstrate the experience with side-by-side views of the physical coaster track and virtual reality environment. Its gentle thrills and amusing storyline are intended for children ages 6 and up. Children under the age of 6 that meet the ride’s minimum height requirement may ride without the VR headset.

1376422424_unnamed(2).jpg.a263887f6d8e55c8c90850ba861626f9.jpg

1023380772_unnamed(3).jpg.8f5682ea19546db2a35bb730b8cbbfe8.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 1 year later...

Sea Life Malaysia is opening at Legoland Malaysia this year!

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/sea-life-malaysia-at-legoland-to-open-in-april-AK408453

sea-life_137924_20190121175413.jpg.f0cf16c4ec37a6bd8dde54e5ffaa1273.jpg

Sea Life Malaysia, a marine life attraction at Legoland Malaysia Resort in Johor, is being marketed to foreign tourists ahead of its opening in April. “We are looking at opening it in April this year. With the opening of Sea Life, we will have a complete family theme park and resort destination,“ Legoland Malaysia Resort marketing director Thila Munusamy told Bernama.

The two-story interactive aquarium measuring 2,123m² would house more than 25 display tanks with a variety of marine animals.

Legoland’s other attractions included a theme park, hotel and water park.

Legoland Malaysia Resort is marketing its easy accessibility in key markets such as China, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Japan and Australia. “Our location in Johor is ideally suited to attract foreign tourists. We have the advantage of Kuala Lumpur and Changi airport connections,“ Thila said.

The new attraction was promoted at the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange trade fair in India last week. “We see India as a potential big market to grow,“ Thila added.

Edited by jedimaster1227