Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 87 - Robin Hood to get an RMC Make Over for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:10 am

This is great to hear! This park could have one of the most elite Top-3 coaster combos after this! Goliath, Lost Gravity and RMC IBox?!
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 am

AdventuresinAirtime wrote:Awesome - have heard that ride was pretty bad.

I actually enjoyed Robin Hood. It was a decent out and back coaster, getting a little rough in it's older days, but I've been on far worse. I have no doubt though that an RMC make-over will turn this into an average ride that not many people talked about to one fo the top coasters in Europe! Can't wait!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 am

chickenbowl wrote:This is great to hear! This park could have one of the most elite Top-3 coaster combos after this! Goliath, Lost Gravity and RMC IBox?!

Yep. Goliath and Lost Gravity are both in my top 30. Add in an RMC Robin Hood to that? This park's about to become a required hit for any Europe trip, and it was already a pretty nice place.

Amusingly, this park's also got a coaster (El Condor) in my bottom 5. :lmao:

Start placing your bets on Loup-Garou at Walibi Belgium...
-- Andy

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby vuurvogel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 am

Wow, an RMC almost on my doorstep. Never in my wildest dreams.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am

Way to go Walibi! I hope they do some cool new elements!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:35 am

The Great Zo wrote:Start placing your bets on Loup-Garou at Walibi Belgium...

The memory of that ride still physically hurts just like Bandit.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sofulsomety » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 am

The Looopings-article has some more possible info:

Spectacular news from Walibi Holland: the wooden roller coaster Robin Hood will get replaced next year. The theme park will convert the eighteen year old roller coaster into a hyper modern ‘hybrid coaster’, with wooden supports and a steel rail. This will give a sensational ride filled with intense elements.

“This is many European theme park fans’ dream,” says Walibi-director Mascha van Till to Looopings. “We are therefore very happy to be able to announce it now.” While the wooden construction will remain largely intact, Walibi will supply a totally different ride experience, including new trains.

The Biddinghuizen theme park will partner up with American roller coaster manufacturer Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC).

Van Till was very impressed by the Iron Rattler hybrid coaster in the American theme park Six Flags Fiesta Texas. She does not yet want to reveal the upcoming Robin Hood replacement’s exact lay-out. “The speed will of course be considerably higher. We will announce the rest at a later stage.” There will also be a new theme and a new name.

Europe’s only RMC coaster is now 56 meter tall Wildfire in the Swedish theme park Kolmården, opened in 2016. It has a top speed of 115 km/h. Robin Hood’s top speed is now 80 km/h.

Preperational work for the rigorous remodeling will commence in September 2018. Visitors can still ride the current Robin Hood through October. The new roller coaster is expected to open on July 1st 2019.

Goliath just being 106 km/h (66 m/h) is interesting if the new coaster's speed will be 'considerably higher' than 80.
Last edited by sofulsomety on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:28 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 am

Yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that the park will now have Goliath, Lost Gravity and this!!! Burn down the SLC and we've got a top coaster lineup for sure! ;)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 am

More RMC? Great news! Can't wait to see more details released as the "considerably faster speed, new theme, new name" are just as exciting as the fact that it's going to be RMC. Lost Gravity is a unique name and theme so whatever they have planned for Robin Hood is going to be special!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The tourist » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 am

This is cool news, I am a little surprised but also happy that walibi Holland dares to take such big steps. (used google translate)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!