Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 87 - Robin Hood to get an RMC Make Over for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby rcjp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Great to finally see a conversion in Europe! Hopefully other parks will realise the potential and consider doing the same.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Damn. That's some exciting news. I don't recall hearing great things about Robin Hood--I suspect I would've enjoyed it somewhat, but it never would've sold me on the park (there's Goliath for that). Now, though? :airtime:
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sfkk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 pm

If I recall correctly isn’t this one of the very few Vekoma woodies ever made? That makes for an interesting conversion in and of itsself.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby IntaminLove » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 am

This announcement took me by surprise. I've never ridden Robin Hood, but I've never heard anyone say it's a bad ride. It wasn't on my radar for a conversion, but the move makes sense. Vekoma has four coasters at the park including Robin Hood and Vekoma is partnered with RMC to sell coasters in Europe. I can't wait until the layout is revealed. I'm happy to have another reason to go to Europe.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 am

Robin Hood was a decent ride, but it was pretty bumpy when I last rode it in 2016. I think it's a perfect candidate for an RMC overhaul, so this is great news.

Walibi will have Goliath, Lost Gravity, and an RMC--that's a very strong coaster lineup.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dombot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 am

sfkk wrote:Vekoma woodies

1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sofulsomety » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:57 am

It's better than the unbanked Intamin woodie Efteling used to have, that's for sure.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Eryndor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:27 am

SharkTums wrote:Yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that the park will now have Goliath, Lost Gravity and this!!! Burn down the SLC and we've got a top coaster lineup for sure! ;)

Hey now, that's the first Vekoma SLC in the world you're talking about! It should remain as a warning to all mankind. Also,the demonic forces that have taken possession of this thing probably won't allow harm to come to it.

Also: Yay! let's see if RMC lives up to the hype.
"I won't quit riding coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I quit riding coasters."

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JRice92 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am

This is awesome news! More RMC's can only be a good thing!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:20 am

The ride was past it's prime in my opinion but it was far for a retirment. The ride was rough but not: "This has to go." rough I usualy rode it only once a day and only if I could directly go into the station, if the queue was on the stairs I would skip it and walk to Goliath. I did once joke "RMC it" never believed that would even be considered by the park, let alone that it became reality. I'm happy that the park could keep it under wraps for this surprise reveal.
I never expected the second European RMC to be that close to home, I had my money on Germany. I still can't believe this.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Alton Towers, Toverland, Thrope Park, Flamingo land, Skyline park.
2017 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Wicker Man (Alton Towers).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!