The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 67 - Bucket Blasters & Hurricane Harbor for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby sublimeairtime » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:03 pm

bluestreak wrote:I'll be at the park a week from Tuesday for my first time. Any tips for a first time visitor? And someone please tell me Comet is open. That's pretty much the whole reason we're making a little detour on our way to New England parks.

I was there on Tuesday for the first time and Comet was open the day (great ride might I add!). Unfortunately it's one of the only good rides at the park.
Many rides were closed for me though, including Extreme Supernova, Alpine Bobsleds, and Condor.

I would recommend getting Flashback out of the way first as the queue is very slow and it is close to the front of park. Apart from that queues are normally short. I must say, the park has a great atmosphere and appearance compared to other SF parks though.
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby wildcatroc » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm

bluestreak wrote:I'll be at the park a week from Tuesday for my first time. Any tips for a first time visitor? And someone please tell me Comet is open. That's pretty much the whole reason we're making a little detour on our way to New England parks.

If Alpine Bobsled is open, ride it when the line is short. The park otherwise does not have long queues. Blizzard is a fun indoor Scrambler ride; check it out. And don't discount the walk-through attractions. Alice in Wonderland is a nice break from the rides and a blast from the past. The walk through cave in Ghost Town is perhaps unexciting but fun. Take your time and explore the park, there are lots of things to check out beyond the rides.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Blizzard can get a bit of a long, slow-moving line but it usually tops out at 30 minutes.

A lot was closed today- Alpine Bobsled, Flying Trapeze, Condor, Desperado Plunge, and Extreme Supernova. The latter had a cherry picker set-up next to it and fresh caution tape set up around it that wasn't there on Saturday night.
IMG_20180729_160025.jpg
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm here today. Have to say it's a very beautiful park. We got here at about noon and comet has been down the whole time. Seems like they're working hard to get it open so we'll see. Having a good time otherwise though!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Hopefully they can get the Comet back up and running for you guys.

If you have time after the park closes, I strongly recommend Around the World and Around the US Mini Golf about 15 minutes down the road.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:56 pm

There's finally some life. It's done a couple test runs. We've done everything else in the park so we're just gonna wait and see.

Edit: Finally opened, we're sitting on the train ready to go and it goes down because of lightning in the area. Can't win.

Edit 2: Finally rode it! Wooden coaster perfection. Smooth, air time filled, and pretty quick. Got one ride in the front seat on the first train of the day and then a second ride in the very last row on what turned out to be the last train of the day because they shut it down for a private event at 6.

With that, it was a great day at the park. This is definitely the most visually appealing six flags park, so much so it doesn't feel like a six flags park at all. Very nice family park. I'll post some pictures later!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Love Donkeys!

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Besides bobsled, what rides have been down as of recently? Heading to the park on Saturday for the first time.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby 3Mutts » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Nothing, the log flume is hit or miss but besides that pretty much everything has been up
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 pm

^ Flying Trapeze was closed with its base open a few weeks ago and Condor was also closed. I don't think either of those two were open on my visit last year either.

bluestreak wrote:There's finally some life. It's done a couple test runs. We've done everything else in the park so we're just gonna wait and see.

Edit: Finally opened, we're sitting on the train ready to go and it goes down because of lightning in the area. Can't win.

Edit 2: Finally rode it! Wooden coaster perfection. Smooth, air time filled, and pretty quick. Got one ride in the front seat on the first train of the day and then a second ride in the very last row on what turned out to be the last train of the day because they shut it down for a private event at 6.

With that, it was a great day at the park. This is definitely the most visually appealing six flags park, so much so it doesn't feel like a six flags park at all. Very nice family park. I'll post some pictures later!

Glad you finally got on Comet. It really is a fantastic wooden coaster that holds its speed well and delivers plenty of air.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Hopefully they can get the Comet back up and running for you guys.

If you have time after the park closes, I strongly recommend Around the World and Around the US Mini Golf about 15 minutes down the road.

And Magic Forest so you can see a diving horse show
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!