The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 58 - Complete Pandemonium Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Red Benny » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:12 am

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at The Great Escape, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

September 27th, 2007 - Park to build Wiggles World for kids and "Wild Wedgie" waterslide

March 26th, 2008 - 400 guests sick at Great Escape Lodge
July 10th, 2008 - new thrill ride for 2009 and a winter event for 2008
September 15th, 2008 - new thrill ride revealed: Sasquatch, an S&S Tower (From SFNO)

September 1st, 2011 - Alpine Falls waterslide complex to be added in 2012
December 22nd, 2011 - Great Escape Lodge launches exclusive line of wine

August 30th, 2012 - Screamin Eagles Announced!

August 29th, 2013 - Extreme Supernova announced
October 7th, 2013 - SF buys remaining interest in Great Escape Lodge

Auust 28th, 2014 - Buccaneer Beach, a children's play area in the waterpark, announced for 2015

September 3rd, 2015 - Greezed Lightnin' announced (Larson Super Fireball)

September 1st, 2016 - Bonzai Pipelines to be added to water park

Auust 31st, 2017 - Complete Pandemonium announced for 2018

http://www.rcdb.com/document166.htm

Nothing special, but I like to see any improvement at this park even if it is just a kids area in the form of Looney Tunes National Park. There is so much open space they could build on around the entire park it's a surprise that they can't even put in a Batman clone or something. The only coasters they've ever installed have been hand-me-downs. If it wasn't for The Comet, there wouldn't be much reason to go to the park unless you have little kids (and I mean little kids).

edit: ok, maybe it's not ghetto, but I still think a lot of work needs to be done to make it a better park.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:30 am.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Coney Island by Day. Staten Island by Night. Tokyo in my Sleep!

Postby CycloneMan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:09 am

Your home park isn't ghetto. it's one of the best parks Iv'e been to. Except the best is Knoebels. Besides, My homepark is the most Ghetto! Coney Island! Besides, You stole our coaster. (SFGAv)

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:05 am

Yeah.. TGE is the best Six Flags parks I have been to.. And it has the COMET!... and that alone gets me to make the 10hour roundtrip 4 or 5 times a year :lol:

Postby Red Benny » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:19 am

Don't get me wrong, I love the comet, but to me the park is just lacking. I guess I should say it could be so much better. They have a wonderful location that they just don't take enough advantage of. Hopefully the new kids section will improve the overall look of the park. I would actually prefer they polish the park a little instead of adding new coaster. But, if they were to add a new coaster.. there's a good chunk of land beyond Alpine Bobsled that's just asking for a B&M invert, unless that's where the new kids area is. But I can dream :D

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:06 am

The Great Escape is not lacking anything, IMO. It's perfect. To the guy who called it ghetto - um, where do you live?... Buckingham Palace? TGE might be lacking if you want KiNGdA KAAA!! or R1DDl3Rs RvG, but it's got the perfect mix of coasters for a family park. You want a big, bad inverted coaster? Go somewhere else (SFGADV, maybe?). The only ride that needs some work is Arrow Loopscrew. It was majorly rattling when I visited. And, they could clean up the indoor coaster's queue line

Personally, I'm a bit apprehensive about seeing Looney Tunes brought into the park. Aren't there enough goddamn parks with Looney Tunes?? TGE is so unique and quaint and quiet. This just seems like one step closer to flagging the place, and I definitely don't want that.

Oh god, what if TGE brings in the "new hip scary" Looney Tunes?

-kip-

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:25 am

lol ghetto... Old rides build character... Try going to Elitches... New rides aren't all that. You can be worse off... Especially since they moved into the middle of the city with no room to expand... :(

Postby Red Benny » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:45 am

Looks like I really hit a nerve here. I'm not saying it's a bad park, it just needs a lot cleaning. You're right, they do need to clean the indoor coaster queue. Last time I tried to go on that ride they closed it down because there was a racoon on the track. The Storybook Land looked as if it hadn't been cleaned all season. When it started to rain they closed down the pony ride and left the pony attached to the ride.. just standing in the rain. The Jungle Land walk through had all brown water and half the bridges were shut down. Honestly I love the park, the rides are great, I would just like to see more.. even if not a new ride, something to boost attendence. Maybe I went on an off day, but in my oppinion the park is really in disrepair.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge!

Postby Neogreeneyez » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:32 pm

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatesca ... index.html

Looks like a great lodge except it will probably cost an arm and leg to stay there. Hotels in Lake George are kind of expensive. Very cool how the water park is indoors and open year round. That will make people come on the off season what do you think???

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Coasterlicious » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Is there any good rides at Great Escape? I didnt even know NY had 2 six flags... Darien Lake is the only one ive been to... but that lodge being built looks nice..

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Neogreeneyez » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:24 pm

The Comet is a great woodie that I've enjoyed for years, there's also a vakoma boomerang, a arrow looper, a pretty nice bobsled ride, and a pretty good dark coaster called nightmare the rest of the coasters are just not worth mentioning (canyon blaster, roadrunner express.) It's a pretty good park if you have a six flags season pass and you want to get some credits. But... They need a new thrill ride or some sort of larger coaster.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!