Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Page 530: SW8 confirmed as £15 million GCI wood coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby Moley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 am

The park is closed today as per Merlin's cost-cutting exercise of just not bothering to open on the quietest of quiet days now the schools are back open. The latest Theme Park Worldwide update video has been uploaded, filmed yesterday, with a few shots of interest.

There is a rumour that the park had the themeing brought onto the site and assembled on Monday-Tuesday, rather than waiting for today when the park will be empty, because they're filming some sort of promotional material today that will use it in some capacity.
01.jpg
A shot at the current highest point of the structure, with the workmen giving a sense of the size of it.
02.jpg
Cue David Rose's 'Stripper' again.
03.jpg
A view of the top from the other side of the construction site. There does seem to be something resembling piping towards the centre there.
04.jpg
A close up of one of the horns on what seems to be the head of this structure.
05.jpg
Work continues on the few remaining bents to go into place. In the background work is being done on the concrete wall, so hopefully we're not looking at another concrete pit like SW7 has.
06.jpg
Back over towards the station, the pre-show building continues to take shape with the first stage of the roof and walls seemingly in place.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am

Moley wrote:The park is closed today as per Merlin's cost-cutting exercise of just not bothering to open on the quietest of quiet days now the schools are back open. The latest Theme Park Worldwide update video has been uploaded, filmed yesterday, with a few shots of interest.

Sounds like crowds won't be an issue at all for my visit next Monday as I suspected. I'm really looking forward to checking the park out for the first time!
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby JT325 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 am

Let's hope to get some of these creepy masks and characters on/in/around the ride.
Wicker-6.jpg
#CPFrontierLift2019

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby lewis97 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:57 pm

TowersTimes has posted an SW8 update article from this weekend, looking at the central theming feature, the addition of themed rockwork, and general work across the site. Below is a selection of photos.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mr.sugar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:03 am

I hope they take better care of this woodie than they did with Colossos at Heide Park....

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Moley » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 am

Never thought I'd be excited to see a concrete wall being themed.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!