TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) - 2012

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, I loved my first HHN last year and I'll be back this year.

Knott's was a long way behind HHN last for quality. I've seen on twitter that are doing something new for the flume (Sleepy Hollow Mountain), Terror of London (yay!) and Dia Des Los Muertos (nay!) are back, Fallout Shelter & Virus Z are new. Quarantine and Alien Annihlation are gone, and there's a new scarezone replacing The Guantlet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More concept art has been been released, this time for the "chainsaw gang" that roams the park:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38612/exclusive-images-first-look-universals-killer-klown-gang-halloween-horror-nights-2010

And just in case you were wondering about all the clown related stuff...John Murdy has said on his twitter USH will NOT be using Jack.

Klownz looks impressive, Welcome to Hell last year was amazing (which was my first ever Halloween experience) - I pity people who actually get really terrified at these things, these Klownz might be in their nightmares for years after.

Hmmm, I'm not a Rob Zombie fan - though I've only seen his remake of Halloween which I felt removed so many of elements that made the original one of the greatest horror movies of all time, IMO.

I've found even if I'm not into the movie the maze will still be an amazing experience, I've only seen the first Saw and didn't really want to see the sequels but I loved the maze.

I'm going to Orlando and Hollywood this year so it should be great. I think Orlando really missed out with Michael Myers Halloween maze last year, that was a great maze with jaw dropping scenes and interaction between actors. My Bloody Valentine was a very good maze too (not at Orlando), even if the film is hardly a franchise.

I'm counting the days til I head over for Halloween, I wonder if Knott's will lift their game this year as it looks like USH HHN will be even better this year, I doubt it but I'll find out soon enough.

Hmmm... This seems like a weird choice to do in 3d considering this is a very dark film besides the transitions which are like retro movies. Also who is killer Carl? I have seen the movie before, but not in a while, so would someone please just refresh my mind. I do really like that movie though.

OMG! What if we got Dr. Satan as the icon for hollywood. That just sounds awesome, he's so interesting, and he as tons of potential! Im excited.

I love the choice of House of 1000 Corpses; anyone who has seen the movie knows that it lends itself wonderfully to this format.

They also announced a scare zone themed to the Mexican legend La Llorona - here's the press release.

“LA LLORONA”— THE BLOODTHIRSTY SPECTRE OF MEXICAN LEGEND, TO STALK HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS GUESTS ON THE UNIVERSAL BACKLOT AND WITHIN HER OWN “SCARE ZONE” AS UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD UNVEILS AN ALL-NEW HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS EXPERIENCE FOR 2010

Universal City, California— La Llorona, whose fearful story of melancholy and murder has terrified Mexican and Latin American children for generations, will cast a grim shadow upon guests at Universal Studios HollywoodSM this fall as her dreaded presence is unleashed upon guests at the 2010 Halloween Horror Nights® event, where the legends of horror come to life.

According to the legend, a beautiful Mexican woman fell in love and married the most handsome man in the village. She bore two beautiful children, but her husband soon fell in love with another woman. Blinded by jealousy, the woman ran with her children to a river, where her faithless husband was courting his new love. Enraged, she threw her children into the river, where the current carried them away. When she realized what she had done, she threw herself into the river as well.

But the woman did not leave this Earth. Late at night, in the deep woods, or by a small creek, children can hear her weeping, searching in vain for her lost children. “La Llorona,(“the crying woman”) they call her, for she frequently wails “My children, where are my children?” Her frail, drenched body is a chilling sight; any child wandering alone is sure to be snatched as her newest victim.

At the 2010 Halloween Horror Nights event, La Llorona will stalk guests as they make their way through the Universal back lot as part of the all-new “Terror Tram” experience and she’ll also terrorize her own “Scare Zone,” hiding within the shadows of a gauntlet haunted by the ghosts of her dead victims.

I had not heard of this legend before I got the press release, but it sounds like it'll work well as a scare zone and terror tram area. I'm waiting for some concept art before I get excited about this, but I'm sure it'll be up to the quality we've seen from Horror Nights in the past.

Also, I was able to interview John Murdy (creative director of the event) on Friday, and you can read that interview here.

Really looking forward to HHN 2010!

Oh man, I want to go too!!! I was there 2 years ago, "Reflections of Fear" and I must say it really was really good (buyt, then again everything is good when you're from Norway ) I was there with a few american friends, who I met working at Epcot, and they brought me over to experience HHN. I'm not a big fan of haunted houses and such, so didn't really wanted to go, but peer pressure is apparently a good thing?

So, after a few drinks, I was ready to go, and wow what a night! The thing that still makes me laugh, is that I went into my first house "Creatures" I was slightly disapointed, because I wasn't scared at all... Untill the end, just when I was about to exit the house, some random actor jumped out of the dark and scared the shit out of me and I screamed like a little girl!!

Oh the memories!!

I so have to go again!!

It's also worth noting that this maze is based on the remake, unlike the previous two versions of the maze that were based on the classics (and also handicapped by the fact Freddy was basically shoehorned into the existing Asylum maze instead of being an entirely new maze like this one will be).

So a much less jovial Freddy will be in session.

Which raises the question whether the rest of the New Line unholy trinity will be making an appearance - perhaps Jason from the remake and old Leatherface.

Amazingly we're getting SAW and Freddy mazes down in Australia at Movie World for Halloween, quite a surprise.