Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Pg. 1187- Kid's slides/play area in the waterpark for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 am

A kids wave pool AND kids bowl slide, are you kidding me? This is amazing, that kiddie bowl slide is going to be the coolest thing in the world to my kids, they'll be all over that thing.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:53 am

That's a fantastic addition. I loved the kids wave pool and junior water slides when I was younger at Lake Compounce. But this has far more variety for the kids with all the different slides.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:05 pm

The press release also made a good deal that Voyage will get some track work done. While that surely sounds like a good thing from all the recent reviews I've read, I'm not sure how much can be done with what's left of 3.5 million after the kiddie slides/wave pool and hedge maze.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Very thoughtful addition. I would have loved all of this as a kid. I love how these smaller family-owned parks go all-out with good ideas like this where bigger corporate parks would have added a couple of kids' slides and been done with it.

I hope this takes out the pilgrim's plunge eyesore.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:The press release also made a good deal that Voyage will get some track work done. While that surely sounds like a good thing from all the recent reviews I've read, I'm not sure how much can be done with what's left of 3.5 million after the kiddie slides/wave pool and hedge maze.

They've listed track improvements on The Voyage for the last few years when they've announced "what's new".

Shavethewhales wrote:I hope this takes out the pilgrim's plunge eyesore.

It sounds like it's going to be located to the left of Kima Bay, so the Pilgrims Plunge site will still be there for at least another year.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm

I've never been to Holiday World (it's up on my priority list), but these additions seem great. They're rounding out an already-fantastic looking water park.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Postby Vonni » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 am

Vonni wrote:
EliHorton wrote:What all do you guys think Holiday World is going to be announcing next Tuesday?

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the Thanksgiving section due to the timing of the announcement

Ok, I was wrong lol

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EliHorton » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Vonni wrote:
Vonni wrote:
EliHorton wrote:What all do you guys think Holiday World is going to be announcing next Tuesday?

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the Thanksgiving section due to the timing of the announcement

Ok, I was wrong lol

I was even more wrong, I thought they were going to get a dry park addition. Lol More specifically, I was thinking that they were going to get something from Lakemont Park, maybe the old monster ride and say that they are reintroducing Midnight Ride.
But I think this is a PRECIOUS addition. It looks so adorable. I don't think I've ever seen a kiddie sized wave pool. It definitely seems like it will be fun for the little ones. Holiday World is definitely one of the most family friendly amusement parks in the world.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:46 am

I don't know why, but I find it especially nifty that they're also getting electric car charging stations. I don't own an electric car, but I just find that alone pretty neat! Also excited to learn about the "big new maze" coming next year. Love the Halloween event, so I'm looking forward to the new maze, and hope it's as good as Carnival Chaos or Holidog's 3D Adventure.

Of course, Voyage track improvements are also always welcomed and appreciated! :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:19 am

These are all great additions for the park.

I will be most interested to hear how the track refurbishing works for Voyage.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!