TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Slagharen Netherlands Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Attractiepark Kennywood Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Slagharen's Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

March 10th, 2010 - Park announces dynamic pricing model, brings back pony rides and open 700 seat theater

March 15th, 2012 - Parque Reunidos acquires Slagharen

January 14th, 2013 - park adds 4 kiddie/family rides for 2013

June 16th, 2016 - 2016 will be the last year for Thunder Loop

September 8th, 2016 - Gold Rush coaster announced for 2017, Gerstlauer Infinity model

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1642/Pony_power!.html

Visitors to Slagharen in the Netherlands are being promised a “new” park when it reopens for the season on March 26, plus the return of a fondly remembered feature: Ponies.

Located outside the town of Hardenberg, Slagharen will have new competition in 2010 from Plopsa Indoor Coevorden, just 15km away. To remain attractive to local families, Bemboms are introducing a new dynamic pricing structure, believed to be the first of its kind in Europe. Modelled on the same system used by the airline and hotel industries, guests will no longer pay a fixed entrance fee. Instead the charge will be set according to date, demand and weather forecast.

Known for years as the ”Pony Park,” Slagharen used to provide the animals as an added attraction for guests staying at its holiday village, who could even take them for a ride. Animal rights protestors objected, however, and the horses were removed. Now, after more than a decade, the miniature horses are back. Around 20 ponies will be introduced as part of a new petting paddock where young guests can hug and cuddle the creatures.

A brand new 700-seat theatre also awaits Slagharen visitors in 2010, where three times daily audiences can enjoy a Wild West show, meanwhile the local premiere of Turtle Vision is planned for the 4D movie theatre. A new “Air Parade” will be staged in place of a traditional park parade, and guests are promised new circus acts, entertainment and live shows, even in low season. Families can extend the fun by booking one of the new luxury holiday homes at the Slagharen resort (pictured below).

Mums and dads can stop worrying about what their children eat at the park thanks to healthy menus implemented across more than 20 food and beverage outlets. All menu items are now certified with the Dutch “Ik kies bewust” health living standard. “Sure, in some of our outlets we will still serve French fries,” says the park’s commercial director Angelique Klar, “but those fries will be fried in oil certificated with the Ik kies bewust logo.”

1642.photo.4.jpg.02a3c8a889ed51f85fdc3986738355bd.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.arle.com/media/39400/press_release_english__slagharen___v6__8-3-2012_.pdf

Parques Reunidos acquires Slagharen attractions park, located in Slagharen, the Netherlands. It is one of the largest and best known parks in the Netherlands, receiving one million visitors per year. Its key theme is America in the 1850s, which includes four main areas: Wild West, Mexico, New Orleans, and Yellowstone.

Slagharen has more than 40 attractions and a number of shops, themed restaurants and games. Its main rides are two roller-coasters: the Thunder Loop and the Mine Train. Slagharen also offers several live western shows, themed parades and its exclusive characters Randy & Rosie.

Slagharen occupies 80 hectares with extensive accommodation facilities comprising six areas with more than 800 lodgings for over 5,000 overnight stays. It has recently been awarded by the Dutch Tourism Organization “the family park with best price/quality ratio and the best kids’ holiday destination for 2011.”

With this acquisition Parques Reunidos Group now operates 72 theme, water, and animal parks, as well as family entertainment centers around the world in 11 countries, mainly in Europe and USA. Recently, Parques Reunidos also incorporated into its portfolio Noah ́s Ark, the largest water park in the United States.

Parques Reunidos is the largest water park operator in the world, the second largest leisure park operator in Europe and the fourth largest leisure operator worldwide.

Richard Golding, the Executive Chairman of Parques Reunidos comments, “the acquisition of Slagharen signifies the extension of our family leisure facilities in a new market, the Netherlands, increasing our Group ́s presence in Europe. Slagharen is a wonderful park and has a long tradition which is very well recognized. This acquisition represents another important step in the Parques Reunidos growth strategy.”

Edited by robbalvey

"It is one of the largest and best known parks in the Netherlands."

Whahahaha. It's the worst park in the Netherlands.

It has big overdue maintenance and has been not innovative for years.

I have been there in a couple of years ago. It is a nice park with a nice main street.

I am glad that they take it over. I hope for improvements!

• 1 month later...

Maybe good news for this "little" Dutch park. There are rumours on some Dutch and Belgian forums, that the park may acquire an Intamin launch coaster similar (an absolute clone, actually) to iSpeed at Mirabilandia ! Here is the link where I found the info, which is still a rumour so far. But since it seems to have a name (MEtropolis) and actual "blueprints" of the park and where the coaster is supposed to go, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one, since it's within driving distance from where I live. Being a big Schwarzkopf freak, it would be nice for me to have this new coaster as well as all the Schwarzkopf flats AND the existing Looping Star... I'll keep an eye on this to try and get confirmation asap. here is a link of the forum on which I found the rumour:

http://www.centralpark-fr.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=750

Slagharen is a great park with lots of former netherland/german carnival rides from the 70s/80s - plus the only surviving Looping Star in western europe.

Last year I could see only one sign of maintenence - the Huss Troika was down - but all other rides were running and all operators booths sporting the yearly TÜV test patches.

Hope they keep the classics....maybe adding some 90s carnival rides...

Maybe good news for this "little" Dutch park. There are rumours on some Dutch and Belgian forums, that the park may acquire an Intamin launch coaster similar (an absolute clone, actually) to iSpeed at Mirabilandia ! Here is the link where I found the info, which is still a rumour so far. But since it seems to have a name (MEtropolis) and actual "blueprints" of the park and where the coaster is supposed to go, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one, since it's within driving distance from where I live. Being a big Schwarzkopf freak, it would be nice for me to have this new coaster as well as all the Schwarzkopf flats AND the existing Looping Star... I'll keep an eye on this to try and get confirmation asap. here is a link of the forum on which I found the rumour:

http://www.centralpark-fr.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=750

Those were the plans of 1.5 years.

So unfortunately this roller coaster will not come.

• 2 weeks later...

Attractiepark Slagharen in the Netherlands looks like it will be getting a new Intamin Launched Coaster next year. The ride is really quite similar to I-Speed, the plans look like Intamin have put the inline twist on the original plans for I-speed back in.

It's going to be nice to have another Intamin close to home, and I-Speed gets good reviews so an I-Speed with an extra inversion should be excellent

Source: http://www.theparks.it/attractiepark-slagharen-p448/notizie/2012/04/un-launched-simile-ad-ispeed-per-il-2013-n1183/

• 8 months later...

Slagharen will get 4 new family/kiddie rides this season including a kids driving course like Legoland.

Next to that the Enterprise is now listed as beeing located in the "Jules Verne" area for 2013 - which was first among rides announced to be removed. The Flying Carpet and the unique Calypso which were also announced to be removed are no longer listed in the attractions section of their website.

Hoping it's true that the Enterprise will stay as it's one of the last remaining made by Schwarzkopf.

• 3 years later...

The park has confirmed this is the last season for its Schwarzkopf Looping Star, which opened in 1979.

It will be replaced by a new coaster for 2017.

The 37-year-old Looping Star will close in October and the park is planning numerous events to give it a proper sendoff, which could include walks up the lifthill or even spending the night in a campsite underneath the ride. (The park started out as a western-themed camping site.)

As for the new coaster, not much is known, only that it will be taller and more spectacular than the Looping Star. It will also occupy a larger area. There will be an inversion and it will have a western theme.

As always, sad to see another Anton going away. This looks like the Looping Star that was for a short while making appearances on the fair circuit in the USA in the late 80's or early 90's. Does anyone remember or have pictures of it at the Ohio State Fair back then? It was definitely an Anton. The ride company set it up for trial runs at the old Goodings Zoo Amusement park. (Before it was Wyandotte Lake/Zoombezi Bay) for a couple of months before moving it to the State Fair. I am assuming it was on the Goodings carnival circuit then. I have tried to find information about it to not much success. At the time it made headlines in the paper as it was quite an impressive sight. The best I found was on a dead forum from the 90's asking if would be coming back, and that's about it. It was a great ride.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slagharen announces Launched Gerstlauer Infinity "Gold Rush"

Stats

Type: Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster

Height: 31 meter

Length of track: 400 meter

Experience of the track: 620 meter

Inversions: 2

Speed: 90 km/h

Ride time: 50-55 seconds

Trains: 1 train, for a total of 20 passengers