Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:06 am

bill_s wrote:It's open because they're awesome. Last weekend to experience Toro; Safari closed though. Last year Nitro and Ka were closed at least a day each due to cold and weather, but they got out the blowtorches and opened Ka on Sunday.

Judging by how Nitro has run in 20 degree weather in Holiday in the Park, I suspect Nitro was down for something else.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 pm

^^-- there was a lot of precip. earlier that week and yes I heard blowtorches were involved to get Ka running. Nitro opened about the same time or even later that day. It could be they did some wheel swaps before running Nitro -- what it does during HitP doesn't happen by itself. From what I could tell Lantern was stuck on the MCBR all day except around 6:00 they were doing endless test runs. I thought that was commendable they were trying to get it going that late in the day until I realized it really was probably for the next weekend! So some of the stuff they did that day wasn't just for that day. It was down to about 36 degrees when I left.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm

How is the November 6-9 weekend crowd wise? Thinking about making a trip then but if it's mobbed I'm not gonna bother. One last weekend of Toro is tempting, though, so is it usually a dead weekend?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Traditionally the post Fright Fest November weekends are light from a crowd perspective.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Lemur » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:22 am

HeyItsKrabs wrote:How is the November 6-9 weekend crowd wise? Thinking about making a trip then but if it's mobbed I'm not gonna bother. One last weekend of Toro is tempting, though, so is it usually a dead weekend?

They're pretty great for everything except the safari, which is closed for the season. Bonus weekends almost feel like locals only/passholder exclusive days.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Lemur wrote:
HeyItsKrabs wrote:How is the November 6-9 weekend crowd wise? Thinking about making a trip then but if it's mobbed I'm not gonna bother. One last weekend of Toro is tempting, though, so is it usually a dead weekend?

They're pretty great for everything except the safari, which is closed for the season. Bonus weekends almost feel like locals only/passholder exclusive days.

The extra days in November are now BAFF or BAF for $9.99. I don't know if that was the case last year, but BAFF days special usually bring out the crowds.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Has there been a map posted for HITP?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Not yet, but I don't imagine it being much different from last year. They'll probably release it once Fright Fest wraps up.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 am

Hi gang, long time no see. Apologies if this has been discussed as I’ve been out of town dealing with multiple back to back major family emergencies. In the middle of all this we sold our house and moved so I am living in a sea of boxes and chaos.

We live in Northern VA but have had Six Flags passes for many years through SFGAdv. Due to the above mentioned emergencies we have been unable to get up to SFGAdv this fall to activate our 2019 passes. Now we are living an extra 35 mins SW from the park than before so who knows when we’ll get up there again.

Here is my question: last year we were able to simply call and get them activated, add the lunch plan and the photo pass. When we tried that this year they told us that’s never been an option over the phone. Perhaps the CS rep didn’t know it was an option before... or maybe it still is? We bought 3 basic season passes and a single photo pass for 2019. Does anyone know how to get them activated? I just got an email saying they must be claimed by this Wednesday.

I was able to log into the Six Flags my pass page as referenced a few thread pages back and could add them to my account. However, since it’s still 2018 and they’re valid, it doesn’t tell me if that means they’re activated for 2019. The activation stuff could be a bunch of nonsense for all I know. At least I got the My Pass page working though.

Cedar Fair passes automatically update so I figured the same would be true with SF passes but who knows. Technology is not my strong suit. Wish I would have thought of this sooner as it would be a bummer to possibly lose a few hundred bucks in passes. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks very much and hope to be back to a more active poster status here in the near future!

Liz

Postby bill_s » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:32 pm

larrygator wrote:The extra days in November are now BAFF or BAF for $9.99. I don't know if that was the case last year, but BAFF days special usually bring out the crowds.

Is there somewhere I can find out this schedule, or someone post it? I'm a SFA member so I don't get BAF at other parks apparently, or even get access to the BAF schedule which everyone paying more or traveling long distances to get in needs to know! Will BAF deals kill a previously awesome event? Or did they actually have it last year too and I just didn't know it?

I guess I'll also be watching queue times carefully but still can only assume it even is the same that day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!