Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:18 am

Went to fright fest on Saturday. Had a good time.

Feel free to direct any fright fest related questions my way.

Hot tip: After 11pm, everything was a walk-on. Did 2 of the mazes in 10 minutes total. Diablo was a walk-on. Got in line for Toro at 11:55pm, empty station. Could have done another round but GF wasnt feeling good.

Ka was stuck on one of the little hills on the way back to the station, with people being walked down the stairs. Surprisingly, it was back up in the evening. App said 100+ wait so I didnt attempt, but was likely a walk-on at park closing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Satans Hockey wrote:Seeing more and more people talking about El Diablo leaving the park. What's the last ride here that had a lifespan this short? It was only added in 2015. Curious to see what they do with that spot now if this is legit since it doesn't make sense to remove it otherwise.

Rumor is that they're replacing it with the newer version of the Larson Loop without the joystick since they don't like it and neither does New Jersey. However rumor is that it will be shipped to La Ronde for Chaos.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 pm

I don't know why they'd replace an existing ride with the same ride when I'm sure it's more than possible to just add a new control panel. I guess we'll see.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:51 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I don't know why they'd replace an existing ride with the same ride when I'm sure it's more than possible to just add a new control panel. I guess we'll see.

Not in Jersey. The state is so draconian with laws regarding modification of existing rides that it makes it easier to tear down and rebuild than to modify. Look no further than King Cobra, getting taken down and shipped to Mexico instead of being modified for safety.

Plus, it's a "two birds, one stone" type of deal. They get the NJ government off their backs and can still use the ride in a park (La Ronde) which needs it.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 am

Well, I'll be making my trip up there on Columbus Day.

I don't really plan on getting a FP (someone said many pages back that Columbus Day isn't really that crowded) for the rides, but may for the Haunted Attractions :)

Which show(s) and haunted attractions do you all recommend?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am

^ none. The event is awful. Go to Kings Dominion instead.

Postby jamesinclair » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Well, I'll be making my trip up there on Columbus Day.

I don't really plan on getting a FP (someone said many pages back that Columbus Day isn't really that crowded) for the rides, but may for the Haunted Attractions :)

Which show(s) and haunted attractions do you all recommend?

I really enjoyed the acrobatic show in the theater (Unleashed I think?). The first showing was at capacity so either get their early or try a later one

Blood Drums was fun too. Its just outside, standing, so you can watch a bit and leave if you like, zero time commitment.

Aftermath was the best maze of the ones I went through. Hell Fest was the worst.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 am

It looks like yesterday was one of those "This is why we give up trying to predict crowd levels for Great Adventure" kind of days.

75 minutes for Skyway??
150 minutes for Kingda Ka??
Almost an hour for Skull Mountain??

... on a Sunday (albeit some people are off today)??? Damn, sounds like everybody had themselves a Six Flags day. :lol:

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 am

coasterbill wrote:It looks like yesterday was one of those "This is why we give up trying to predict crowd levels for Great Adventure" kind of days.

75 minutes for Skyway??
150 minutes for Kingda Ka??
Almost an hour for Skull Mountain??

... on a Sunday (albeit some people are off today)??? Damn, sounds like everybody had themselves a Six Flags day. :lol:

80 degrees in October...

I think weather is the number 1 indicator for crowds

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:09 am

It was a nice day for sure but Saturday was 70 degrees and perfectly nice also and pretty much every other park in the region had larger crowds on Saturday than Sunday (according to Queue Times at most parks and personal experience at Knoebels, though they did have an event going on).

PS: No Fright Fest today, weather is about the same as Saturday, most people have to work and...

From the Great Adventure Connoisseurs Facebook group

... just give up trying to make sense of it. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!