Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Taeshan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 pm

So we basically ended up going on everything once except Harley Quinn, and Kingda Ka. Me and my one friend left to go ride Batman a few times front row at the end of the night as the Kingda Ka line was listed at 70 minutes, my 3 other friends got a quick ride in but me and the other pass holder hit up Batman. Bizzaro we also did twice. I'm a big invert fan, and more of a style over size and speed guy, so i really liked Bizzaro and Batman, and loved El Toro. Will get Kingda Ka next month, and hopefully down to America this summer. Nitro gave me to much Ejector air time for my liking, and I basically doubled my coaster count in one day. (before today was everything at Hershey save Wildcat, Sidewinder, and Laff Trakk/new water) and Skull Mountain from a quick trip last year.

Also talked to my friend about rehitting Dorney (lost another 60+ since we went last year so was able to get on everything easily today, started at 360, was down to about 320 for Dorney and Six Flags last year, at about 270 right now. And fighting that good fight.
I'm a Robot.

Homepark: Hersheypark
Watch me on Youtube: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/Steam1414?feature=mhee[/youtube]

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 am

^ Congrats on all that weight loss, that's major.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

So we are going to the park for 2 days, and get 4 skip the line passes each day. What rides should we use them on?

My thoughts...

1. Zuminjaro(sp)
2. Kingda ka
3. El Toro
4. Superman

I am going by what I think will have the longest lines. Another option is the safari if they accept the skip the lines passes.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 pm

^Every time I've been there I don't think there's ever been a line for Zumanjaro.

100% use it for the Safari if you can.

I'm not really good at giving advice on any other rides because I never really wait for any of them anymore.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm

As has been mentioned here before . . . . the Safari line does get really packed so get there early (and also it closes about 4:30?)

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:18 am

Do not under any circumstances waste a skip-the-line pass on Zumanjaro, it literally never has a wait.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:35 am

Wasn't the park not allowing people to use the passes on Safari for awhile? I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:40 am

coasterbill wrote:Wasn't the park not allowing people to use the passes on Safari for awhile? I'm not sure if that's still the case.

I hope that's not the case. I hear horror stories about that line.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 am

You're gonna wanna do the safari first anyway. Just go there at opening and get it out of the way. You're looking at at least an hour for the ride plus however long you have to wait. In the hot summer the animals tend to be out and active in the morning or evening hours, so you don't want to ride in the middle of the day anyway (when its going to have the longest line). And yes the line closes early, at like 4-5pm, so just do it first.

I'd just use your skip-the-lines for Kingda Ka and dumb sh*t like Superman (if you really need to ride it), since it always has a line and the capacity is awful, same with Ka. Toro and nitro have good capacity, so does mostly everything else.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 am

There were signs warning that Safari Adventure was prone to early closure, IIRC. We only waited a few minutes to get on a half-empty truck and during our tour were informed we we were the last tour of the day. Crowds were really light last Wednesday, though. I think we got on somewhere between 3-4 p.m.

Our tour guide was great and reminded me of a young Jerry Lewis in looks and mannerisms.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!